House Price Crash Forum

Bailing Out The Masses

the_dork

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest The Relaxation Suite
how happy are you to be funding the profligate, debt fuelled, house price sustained lifestyles largely described below?

""When an estate agent is buying a property, you know things are all right," laughs Adam Dockley, an estate agent. Today, he looks much more relaxed, leaning back in his chair as he smiles through his answers. A few cards lie on his desk – one of them says: "Thanks for helping me get this beautiful apartment and for everything."

I feel that if this person were given a public thrashing the world would be a lighter, cleaner, safer place.

Edited by D-503

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I'm all for anything that keeps the likes of me out of owning a home, put the bill on my unborn grandchildren's tab.

All Hail The Hypnohouse!

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

but the £486 includes her £95 a week state pension.........................Even so i think a £70 a week rent off a £486 a week constitutes a reasonable wage for a pensioner.......all the upkeep on her house will be paid for by the council of course and people in their 30s or 40s with jobs like she did can only dream of such an income in retirement....

BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE CLEAR WhaT LEVEL SHE REACHEd IN THE CIVIL SERVICE.........it could've been quite high

Edited by Michael

HOLA448
Guest skullingtonjoe
Well, the first couple are a bunch of the proverbial wasters aren't they? <_<

Ironically, the dumb fu<kers think that a move to Portsmouth is going to somehow be better than living in Dover. :blink:

If only I could see their faces after a year of living in this sh1thole - `the grass always looks greener....` :lol:

HOLA449
Ironically, the dumb fu<kers think that a move to Portsmouth is going to somehow be better than living in Dover. :blink:

If only I could see their faces after a year of living in this sh1thole - `the grass always looks greener....` :lol:

Come on man, we are talking about Dover here.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Chill Doc. It's just NHS for the wallet. You should be all for it.

We're looking at other options right now.

Aus$9000 a week is looking particularly tempting.

I'll sit in a dusty mining town, on call 24/7, sewing back fly covered fingers for that.

I think you're right, it's time to save myself first.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4412

I'll sit in a dusty mining town, on call 24/7, sewing back fly covered fingers for that.

Doc, I'm beginning to think you aren't in your line of work out of caring for the people. You seem to be just like the rest of us scum sucking capitalists - in it for the money.

HOLA4413
Guest Parry aka GOD

What's that about £3,500?

Yep do it.

HOLA4414
Guest Parry aka GOD
Doc, I'm beginning to think you aren't in your line of work out of caring for the people. You seem to be just like the rest of us scum sucking capitalists - in it for the money.

Can't he be in it for both?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

How am I supposed to help the economic mantra of high houseprices, and help a boomer into obscene retirement if I can't afford to buy in to the Ponzi scheme?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Through taxation and lower wages of course.

But the bank manager told me he wasn't accepting my 'elastic affordability' argument.

He said I was stuck in the past.

Somewhere around 2007.

HOLA4420

I like it when links to the MSM are posted here on HPC... I've started creating accounts with all the big papers, and posting comments on the linked articles. Somehow I feel that it will have a greater impact than a post here :P

Incidentally - something I pointed out on the Grauniad but that no here has picked up yet: the builder who declared bankruptcy is driving round in a X-reg Jag - I'm sure his creditors will be happy to learn that! :lol:

To be fair, he has had to downgrade from a Merc. Bankruptcy is not fun, mmkay?

Edited by DeepLurker

HOLA4421
I like it when links to the MSM are posted here on HPC... I've started creating accounts with all the big papers, and posting comments on the linked articles. Somehow I feel that it will have a greater impact than a post here :P

Incidentally - something I pointed out on the Grauniad but that no here has picked up yet: the builder who declared bankruptcy is driving round in a X-reg Jag - I'm sure his creditors will be happy to learn that! :lol:

To be fair, he has had to downgrade from a Merc. Bankruptcy is not fun, mmkay?

I'm sure the paperwork associated with recurrent limited company bankruptcy must offend the golf handicap somewhat.

HOLA4422

I try to post on times and grandidad, too.

RE OP: I will not be voting Nulabour again.

HOLA4423
but the £486 includes her £95 a week state pension.........................Even so i think a £70 a week rent off a £486 a week constitutes a reasonable wage for a pensioner.......all the upkeep on her house will be paid for by the council of course and people in their 30s or 40s with jobs like she did can only dream of such an income in retirement....

BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE CLEAR WhaT LEVEL SHE REACHEd IN THE CIVIL SERVICE.........it could've been quite high

She must have been in a pretty senior role. Even if you knock a £100 of the £485 a week that leaves a £385 employment pension. Civil servants pensions are on 40/80 salary. She is 76 but would have been compulsory retired by the civil service at 60. Allowing for inflation this means she was earning about £600-700 a week just before retirement (£31200-£36400 pa) when she left her job in 1993. From my memory middle ranking EOs and HEOS were earning between £15000 and £20000 (possibly less) at that time so she was probably very near the top of the grading structure. Ceratinly not an ordinary clerical worker.

HOLA4424
She must have been in a pretty senior role. Even if you knock a £100 of the £485 a week that leaves a £385 employment pension. Civil servants pensions are on 40/80 salary. She is 76 but would have been compulsory retired by the civil service at 60. Allowing for inflation this means she was earning about £600-700 a week just before retirement (£31200-£36400 pa) when she left her job in 1993. From my memory middle ranking EOs and HEOS were earning between £15000 and £20000 (possibly less) at that time so she was probably very near the top of the grading structure. Ceratinly not an ordinary clerical worker.

£485 a week at the age of 76 and is struggling? How come?

Most of these people haven't been bailed out, just went through a rough patch.

Least sympathy is for the builder and wife. Builder thinks his £50k a year could have serviced £5k/mth debts if he had kept that income? I don't think so. Love the way he cannot stand the idea of renting in Dover, clearly thinks he's a cut above.

HOLA4425
£485 a week at the age of 76 and is struggling? How come?

Most of these people haven't been bailed out, just went through a rough patch.

Least sympathy is for the builder and wife. Builder thinks his £50k a year could have serviced £5k/mth debts if he had kept that income? I don't think so. Love the way he cannot stand the idea of renting in Dover, clearly thinks he's a cut above.

The only thing worse than renting in Dover is being in lifelong negative equity in Dover.