House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

Obama The Warmonger

The site chosen by Obama for his vacation appeared restful, even idyllic, that afternoon though the house itself was a considerable distance away from the road, hidden from view. But the image of the "antiwar" candidate lounging comfortably by the ocean, his family nearby, while ordering the deaths, by drones and assorted other killing instruments, of people half a world away, complete innocents, unknown to this man or his advisers, was disturbing indeed. What sort of man could do this? Does Obama bring his much ballyhooed "coolness" down a degree or two for cold blooded murder? Are these wars a matter of conscience or patriotism for Obama? If that were so, does one suppose in a future imperial war that Obama will urge his daughters to volunteer to die in some Muslim land any more than did Bush offer his daughters? Is there no shame to this poltician, Obama, who rose to high office on the yearning of so many for peace? How long will we allow the soothing words of this latter day Elmer Gantry to cover up his deeds?

http://original.antiwar.com/john-v-walsh/2...eehan-get-lost/

An anti-war candidate?

A candidate who rose to high office on the yearning of so many for peace?WHAT COMPLETE AND UTTER RUBBISH.

He told people again and again that he wanted to remove troops from Iraq and redeploy them to Afghanistan.

Geez, where do you people come from?

You are right, but you have to admit the silence from supporters of Democrats and the left in general is deafening.

You are right, but you have to admit the silence from supporters of Democrats and the left in general is deafening.

What silence? I'm a supporter of the Democrats (though not the left as the Democrats are about as left as the Tories are here).

Am I silent?

The fact is Obama never ever said he was a peace candidate. He made it clear to everyone from the very beginning exactly what he was going to do.

I'm not sure what the Democrats and their supporters are supposed to say to idiots like that article-writer, other than go and read what his manifesto was.

I'll parody this.

We need a new extension and I say to my wife that we're NOT going to do it this year because we need to save - instead we'll do it in 2 years time. I tell her this again and again, and we agree and draw up plans on how we'll afford to do this IN TWO YEARS TIME.

A WEEK goes by and she goes away on business for a month. When she gets back she asks why the extension isn't complete. She claims that 'my silence is deafening'.

What am I supposed to say?

:unsure::blink::huh:

Guest AuntJess

:huh:

I'll parody this.

We need a new extension and I say to my wife that we're NOT going to do it this year because we need to save - instead we'll do it in 2 years time. I tell her this again and again, and we agree and draw up plans on how we'll afford to do this IN TWO YEARS TIME.

A WEEK goes by and she goes away on business for a month. When she gets back she asks why the extension isn't complete. She claims that 'my silence is deafening'.

What am I supposed to say?

:unsure::blink:

" What is it that you don't understand in the phrase, 'in two year's time' "? :huh: OR........

Try hanging a banner with "in two year's time" writ large in red marker?

The fact is that most voters perceived Obama s the peace candidate, b ethey Republicans or Democrats. Hell, do people really listen to what politicians say?

The hypocrisy of the Left comes from the fact that they were against the wars when Bush/Cheney were running them, but now Obama's in charge they're silent. And he's escalated the conflict into Pakistan as well.

Guest X-QUORK
The hypocrisy of the Left comes from the fact that they were against the wars when Bush/Cheney were running them, but now Obama's in charge they're silent. And he's escalated the conflict into Pakistan as well.

In your attempt to demonise "the left" you treat them as one group of people with exactly the same thoughts. Anyone with the most basic understanding of how politics works would know this to be proposterous.

In your attempt to demonise "the left" you treat them as one group of people with exactly the same thoughts. Anyone with the most basic understanding of how politics works would know this to be proposterous.

I agree, but the Left in America does seem to be sticking to Obama, no matter what.

The only real opposition comes from Libertarians, it would seem, the ones who supported Ron Paul, while Obama has transmogrified into the new LBJ.

Guest X-QUORK
I agree, but the Left in America does seem to be sticking to Obama, no matter what.

I think they recognise realpolitik when they see it. Maybe you could list his broken manifesto pledges for us?

That'll be your bluff called then.

I'll help:

1. He promised to start withdrawing troops from Iraq: CHECK.

2. He promised to increase the troops in Afghanistan: CHECK.

3. He promised to take the fight to Pakistan is required: CHECK.

4. He never promised to be the 'peace' candidate, and no where did he ever say that he was the peace candidate. I follow US politics very closely and I know of no Obama supporter who ever thought he was the peace candidate. I also know of no reason why anyone would ever think he was the peace candidate since he never ever said he was. In fact, quite the opposite: HE MADE IT CLEAR TIME AND AGAIN THAT HE WOULD INCREASE TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN AND TAKE THE FIGHT TO PAKISTAN IF REQUIRED. THIS WAS WIDELY REPORTED ALL THROUGH THE CAMPAIGN AND EXPANDED ON IN THE FOREIGN POLICY CAMPAIGN DEBATE!

There, does that make it clear to you? :unsure::blink::huh:

The fact is that most voters perceived Obama s the peace candidate, b ethey Republicans or Democrats. Hell, do people really listen to what politicians say?

Most voters? MOST?? How so? Because he said time and again that he was going to INCREASE troops in Afghanistan and it was widely reported by news, radio, and tv that was exactly what he was going to do? So, most voters thought, for some bizarre unexplained reason that he was NOT going to do what he said constantly he was going to do?

Wrong. The left in the USA (who are not left wing at all by the way) were against the war in Iraq. Obama and the rest of 'the left' wanted to take the fight to Afghanistan and Pakistan. They made this clear time and again.

:rolleyes:

I assume 'no matter what' means, in your eyes, that the left in the USA are sticking to Obama because he's doing what he promised to do again and again, in print, on TV and in the radio.

:rolleyes:

Guest X-QUORK
Most Americans are waking up to what change really means.....

The increases in debt, taxes and regulation are a direct result of what happened on Bush's watch.

The increases in debt, taxes and regulation are a direct result of what happened on Bush's watch.

Yes, something the crazies on Fox News conveniently forget.

Of course, Republicans LOVE government regulation... :rolleyes:

Where do some of the idiots on this forum come from? :rolleyes:

So where does the post say that Republicans love regulation? I was simply pointing out what caused the crisis.

And then we go straight into an insult which is becoming the norm these days so.....

WHY DIDN'T YOU FECKING WELL READ THE POST PROPERLY SHERDICK YOU PRAT!

Of course, Republicans LOVE government regulation... :rolleyes:

Where do some of the idiots on this forum come from? :rolleyes:

So where does the post say that Republicans love regulation? I was simply pointing out what caused the crisis.

And then we go straight into an insult which is becoming the norm these days so.....

WHY DIDN'T YOU FECKING WELL READ THE POST PROPERLY SHERDICK YOU PRAT!

Sherwick, haven't come up against you previously, but it's clear that you have an anger management problem.

I'm guessing that the reason you post on here during the day is because you're unable to get a job because of it? :unsure: