House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Daddy Bear

2012 - Dec 21st 11.11am

Guest Daddy Bear

Massive interest in this at present.

Suprised it has not been discussed here.

Any views?

Why would a calender signify any particular date ? They are simply made up at one point in time to specify future points in time. I doubt very much they are predictive in any way.

However, if a big black ball appears in the sky on that very date mentioned ? I will be praying to the God of Salsa and Jalapenos.

The whole concept of a human created calendar which happens to give us a day and a date which we use as a reference point in our lives, and how that could have some connection with fate, is beyond ridiculous.

Mumbo jumbo, like astrology and (to a lesser extent :unsure: ) religion.

Guest Parry aka GOD
It has. We are all quietly worrying.

You?

What the hell is all this about?

Not that 'world comes to an end on XXth of the XXXXX 2012 BS?

What the hell is all this about?

Not that 'world comes to an end on XXth of the XXXXX 2012 BS?

Well, you're a good few hours ahead of us so can you keep posting whilst death and destruction and bad Oasis Karaoke surrounds you?

Just to let us know how bad it will when it hits us.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Well, you're a good few hours ahead of us so can you keep posting whilst death and destruction and bad Oasis Karaoke surrounds you?

When what hits us?

Guest Parry aka GOD

When what hits us?

Guest Parry aka GOD
11.12am on Dec 21st 2012.

So a giganitc second hand is going to sweep across the globe knocking people over. Is this right?

So a giganitc second hand is going to sweep across the globe knocking people over. Is this right?

Ooh no. We live in the digital age now.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Ooh no. We live in the digital age now.

So a huge plastic Casio is going to plough straight into Huddersfield?

As I understand it on that date one big cycle of the Mayan calendar comes to an end... to be followed immediately by the beginning of the next cycle. It's a bit like when the year goes from X999 to (X+1)000. Significant only in the minds of people obsessed with numbers and cycles. :rolleyes:

Guest absolutezero
Massive interest in this at present.

Only among those who frequent 'woo' websites.

Suprised it has not been discussed here.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with the public sector "leeching" off the private sector. :rolleyes:

Any views?

Yeah. It's a load of sh1t. I'll talk to you about it in the evening of 21st December 2012.

Guest theboltonfury

I consider myself to somewhat of in expert in this subject. It's nearly always pointless to actually explain why 2012 presents no danger as there is always some nutjob who thinks they know better.

It's just the end of the Mayan long count, and signifies the entering in to a new age of enlightenment. Nothing about end of world. Incidentally, most religions also have prophesised an end date. Albeit many thoasands of years apart. Many crackpots add in the polar shift, sunspots, planetary alignment, planetary collisions. The polar shift is a very slow process and has happened at least a million times before. The sunspots are normal. The planetary alignment is also not a first, it happens quite regularly too. The planetary collision was predicted for 2003. Oh dear.

Some people are selling books. Books make money. Survival kits make money. End of. Just like Y2k.

I consider myself to somewhat of in expert in this subject. It's nearly always pointless to actually explain why 2012 presents no danger as there is always some nutjob who thinks they know better.

It's just the end of the Mayan long count, and signifies the entering in to a new age of enlightenment. Nothing about end of world. Incidentally, most religions also have prophesised an end date. Albeit many thoasands of years apart. Many crackpots add in the polar shift, sunspots, planetary alignment, planetary collisions. The polar shift is a very slow process and has happened at least a million times before. The sunspots are normal. The planetary alignment is also not a first, it happens quite regularly too. The planetary collision was predicted for 2003. Oh dear.

Some people are selling books. Books make money. Survival kits make money. End of. Just like Y2k.

Harumph, just pish on the parade why don't you.

How will this affect house prices though?

Guest theboltonfury
Harumph, just pish on the parade why don't you.

How will this affect house prices though?

+1.1% YOY, that's my guess.

+1.1% YOY, that's my guess.

Have you ever read any of the Terence McKenna stuff re: "Novelty Theory" and how it relates to end of Mayan calendar in 2012? Not doomish or TFH like, I was just interested on your take on it seeing as you know quite a bit about 2012.

Just because the Mayans are no longer around and thus unable to pop into WH Smiths for a new calendar is hardly good reason to get all End of The World, is it?

Get a grip, people. ;)