House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JonoP

Those Farking Nat West Adverts...

You know, the ones where they show all those 'helpful and chirpy' advisors helping brain dead customers to open a fricking savings account.....

1. Firstly, those 'advisors' need to be shot in the face
  2. Secondly, those 'customers' need to get a life and stop telling a blond bint bank employees that they are 'planning to have a baby'
  3. Thirdly, if Nat West had REALLY wanted to help us they would have tried to steer their parent company (RBS) from becoming the biggest financial fack up that this country has ever seen, thus ruining our economy.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Am still keen on the Meerkats though. Quality.

Did you know, beer adverts arnt allowed to show anyone drinking alone?

Kingsley AmIs once said an honest beer advert would show a bloke lying in the gutter, with the slogan WILSONS BEER MAKES YOU DRUNK.

Ah. Is that why they try and get me to open a savings account every time I pay a cheque in?

With their interest rates, not likely.

Edit: top tip; get rid of the TV. The advert will never annoy you again like it's never annoyed me :)

Kingsley AmIs once said an honest beer advert would show a bloke lying in the gutter, with the slogan WILSONS BEER MAKES YOU DRUNK.

Is that that giddy black TV chef?

Guest X-QUORK

I'd like to see that advertising consultant from Yorkshire brought out of retirement, the one who berated his fellow colleagues for being puffs. He said what he liked and he liked what he bloody well said. His advertising genius centred around the following slogan:

"Join the Yorkshire Bank and get a free block of lard!"

Guest theboltonfury

Before I got a proper job, I employed the guy who starred in a Natwest advert. He was the guy who famously was standing by the cashpoint and said 'it's not all work work work'. He got paid 12k from memory for that. He later went on to star as the white person in Desmonds. His name was Dean.

I sacked him after 3 months. He was horrendous.

Ah. Is that why they try and get me to open a savings account every time I pay a cheque in?

With their interest rates, not likely.

Edit: top tip; get rid of the TV. The advert will never annoy you again like it's never annoyed me :)

I feel a bit sorry for their staff. They all seem to be a bit thick but well meaning, even the corporate teams, and the products they are selling you are rubbish. They tried to push a money market account onto me at one stage, I said "fine what is today's interest rate?". It was a couple of % less than I could get on an internet deposit account.

I blame their recruitment and training policy.

I think is the sheer chutzpah of the banks to think we are going to fall for this sort of 'me best mate, pally sh*te' that gets me however reality has a way of bringing things back to an even keel as exemplified by the chap in my local bank yesterday who had taken umbrage at being charged for going over his overdraft by a few quid. He decided to voice his annoyance at the teller who was neither blonde nor attractive and had a face like a cats **** for most of the exchange...

Man: What do you mean you've charged me £25???

Sphincter Face: Sorry sir you exceeded the acceptable overdraft as stated in your account terms

Man: What by two ****ing quid????

Sphincter Face: That is our policy sir.

Man: Well you can stick your ****ing policy up yer ****ing collective arses!!! £25 for two pounds???? YAH BUNCH OF THIEVING BA***ARDS!!!!!

Sphincter Face: I am sorry you feel that way sir but it is policy

Man: B***OCKS TO YOUR ***ING POLICY!!! YOU HAVE JUST PONCED £25 QUID OFF ME!!!

Etc.

Reality Bites.

Guest Skinty

For example, I haven't even seen the advert.

Most of the adverts are sh1te nowadays, a couple of my personal hates are;

1) Gillette Mach razors, you know, with Tiger Woods. How many blades do you need in a razor FFS. Give me a razor with 16 swivelling heads and 10 blades in each that will allow me to shave my whole face with 1 stroke and I might be impressed.

2) Head and Shoulders - "Don't break-up with your hair" What can I say, irritating as hell.

3) Aviva Insurance with the tw@ going on about buying a bargain or whatever, " Oowww, if I'd spent more it would have been even more of a bargain" Piss Off...

4) Tesco Vouchers - something about a blonde bint with £20 worth of vouchers and the item she wants only costs a tenner, "Ooowww, but I've got £20 of vouchers, what shall I spend the rest on...." Subliminal message - you can't leave the shop without wasting all your vouchers on sh1te you don't need. SAVE THEM FFS, it won't kill you.

Ah, that feels better....

BTW "Have a happy period".