House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Which Dragons Den Products Were Genuinely Successful?

watching the box, i see the dragon den docu raving about i-teddy / iteddy. we saw the owner in his ferrari etc. but check ebay and you see only 1 of a dozen offered even has a bid.

that sauce, reggae-reggae... anyone here like it? i think asda was flavouring its chicken or something with it too, as well as being available like hp sauce etc.

i tried the r-r - not to my taste, it hit the bin.

what dd products have you seen widespread + you yourself use?

or is it all tv hype?

That one that was a teddy bear with a computer in its belly did well I belive

thats the i-teddy that i mentioned

Duncan Bannatyne, Peter Jones, Theo Paphitis - all products successfully launched by Dragon's Den.

:lol:

Reggae Reggae sauce

and I think some girl designed a back scratcher where you can exchange pads so you can put on sun-cream on your back.

nobody that i can recall talking with about it likes it at all, do you like it?

thats the i-teddy that i mentioned

:lol:

nobody that i can recall talking with about it likes it at all, do you like it?

The bloke who makes it was on Simon Mayo's show today and Mayo was saying it is successful :unsure:

The bloke who makes it was on Simon Mayo's show today and Mayo was saying it is successful :unsure:

it is or was in sainsbury but i personally never saw anyone in the queue with me buying it when i'm there and i always check. do you like it? if so, what differentiates it from other sauces? i like hp, daddies is not bad, i am big on my sauces and like to think i am a bit of a sauce-erer (expert). i find r-r too hot and tasteless. and i can eat curries that others find too hot so i have good heat tolerance. i find it absolutely nothing special. do the other supermarkets now stock r-r if it's such a good line?

Long before Dragon's Den, there were similar inventor programmes, and I recall two inventions which went on to be a 'success', one being a contact lens rapid cleaner (that shook away the grime) and the more successful idea being the vibrating razors that have been taken on by Gillette and Wilkinson Sword.

It ain't easy - and I should know <_< .

All the supermarkets sell it. It is OK but not as good as HP or Daddies. I like a mix of HP and Heinz ketchup on my sarnies.

I used to love this lime green - not curry lime pickle - pickle you used to get for burgers and hot dogs in the shops but no one sells it anymore. Used to be the same company that sells burger relish

Long before Dragon's Den, there were similar inventor programmes, and I recall two inventions which went on to be a 'success', one being a contact lens rapid cleaner (that shook away the grime) and the more successful idea being the vibrating razors that have been taken on by Gillette and Wilkinson Sword.

you are mr dyson and i claim my £5

All the supermarkets sell it. It is OK but not as good as HP or Daddies. I like a mix of HP and Heinz ketchup on my sarnies.

I used to love this lime green - not curry lime pickle - pickle you used to get for burgers and hot dogs in the shops but no one sells it anymore. Used to be the same company that sells burger relish

i'm sorry to say i dont think its ok, i think its a hot mess of blandness. i agree hp and daddies are better. when i go to cafes they sometimes have unbranded sauces in sachets and i think any of them taste more interesting than r-r, although i'm sure the ingredients in r-r is of a higher quality but it just doesnt do anything for me (nice label however)

watching the box, i see the dragon den docu raving about i-teddy / iteddy. we saw the owner in his ferrari etc. but check ebay and you see only 1 of a dozen offered even has a bid.

that sauce, reggae-reggae... anyone here like it? i think asda was flavouring its chicken or something with it too, as well as being available like hp sauce etc.

i tried the r-r - not to my taste, it hit the bin.

what dd products have you seen widespread + you yourself use?

or is it all tv hype?

Fuel Angel

Pretty much everyone in my circle of friends has tried and loves reggae reggae sauce, ive personally tried all 6 and only thought 1 of them (the curry style cooking sauce) wasnt all that..

The main sauce, i have with pretty much everything nowadays :P

Pretty much everyone in my circle of friends has tried and loves reggae reggae sauce, ive personally tried all 6 and only thought 1 of them (the curry style cooking sauce) wasnt all that..

All 6? No wonder you bears can't afford houses, wasting all your money on "as seen on TV" condiments :rolleyes:

you are mr dyson and i claim my £5

i'm sorry to say i dont think its ok, i think its a hot mess of blandness. i agree hp and daddies are better. when i go to cafes they sometimes have unbranded sauces in sachets and i think any of them taste more interesting than r-r, although i'm sure the ingredients in r-r is of a higher quality but it just doesnt do anything for me (nice label however)

I make my own: much nicer and no added gunk.

Tomatoe pureé, tomatoe juice and Lee and Perrin's Worcester Sauce.

The hotter you want it the more Worcester you add.

Used to be able to buy an Italian tomatoe ketchup with garlic for pennies; add Worcester to that and demon drop of hot sauce.

Prescience, thx for the recipe.

if you say so, peter :)

Did you see the one this week? The new tube that goes in aerosols etc. If he gets the patent on that it'll make him a gazillionaire.

no i missed it, tube in an aerosol, what so that the contents can be sprayed out under pressure - thats a new idea, i'll give whatever he wants for 0.1% of the company :lol:

Is that the show with the guy who inventor the 'perfect' toaster - It really was brilliant, basically using a smoke detector out of a fire alarm to detect the burning sugars in bread and hence accurately detect the level of browning. Not sure what happened to that one. Maybe the fact smoke detectors contain radioactive material? Shame really as that product would have been the end of burnt toast!

Well, Hamfatter have been a huge success :unsure:

Heard about them the other week, they are being encouraged to do a reality TV show about trying to 'make it'. They are ******ed, no credibility, so what else could they do?

Cucumber relish?

I'm one of Rozza's mates, and yes I like it too. Only figures I can find were that to date (not sure what date it was but lets assume it was yesterday) they have sold 1.8 million bottles, while I'm sure the various posters research of looking at peoples trolleys and seeing if people take it off the shelf was rigorous and very scientific 1.8 million bottles isn't to be sniffed at.

Seems this guys likes it as well, maybe a little bit too much...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...27061236AAutlvh

I agree that pretty much everything on Dragons Den is a bit of a failure with the exception of things that were doing well before they went on there looking for cash.

I'm one of Rozza's mates, and yes I like it too. Only figures I can find were that to date (not sure what date it was but lets assume it was yesterday) they have sold 1.8 million bottles, while I'm sure the various posters research of looking at peoples trolleys and seeing if people take it off the shelf was rigorous and very scientific 1.8 million bottles isn't to be sniffed at.

Seems this guys likes it as well, maybe a little bit too much...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...27061236AAutlvh

I agree that pretty much everything on Dragons Den is a bit of a failure with the exception of things that were doing well before they went on there looking for cash.

if the 1.8m bottles are repeat business rather than give-it-a-try as mine was, then all i can say is theres no accounting for taste :P

ooh wow 5 people on yahoo like it, now i'm convinced that my research is obviously flawed