House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
1929crash

Bank Of America Asks Armless Man For Thumbprint Id

All Steve Valdez wanted to do was cash a check from his wife during his work break. Bank of America insisted that Mr. Valdez provide a thumbprint to verify his identity, which he was unable to do because he was born with no arms. Despite the bank teller acknowledging this, and Mr. Valdez providing two forms of photo identification, the bank still refused to cash his check.

The bank eventually called Mr. Valdez to apologize.

Video at link below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/02/b...l_n_275882.html

I'm surprised they thought he'd be able to answer the phone. CU**S!

Just watched Mock the Week and didn't even laugh as hard as I just did with this...beauty. :lol:

I guess he uses hands-free.

it does beg the question of exactly whose thumbprint they were going to verify it against?

Quite typical of unnecessary data gathering though. It makes me laugh when people ask me for my date of birth as a "security check" when I know damn well they don't already have it.

When asked how they are going to verify it against a record they don't have I normally get a large amount of "does not compute, does not compute" attitude from them.

I wonder if the security guard told him to put his hands up?

Dunno how he lost his thumbs, but couldn't he have kept them in his pocket for such occasions?

Poor bloke needed the cash as he'd just failed an audition to play the lead in 'Fonzie Returns'

this is odd. you didnt even need a head to get fracking Mortgage just over 2 years ago.

this is proof that when rules & regulations are not met, common sense also fails. What happens when the media don't pick up your story.

when this applies to you & your family you will understand the ramifications of things like this. You are just a yes or no on a system input.

you can be stopped in your tracks with the press of a keyboard. :ph34r:

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

it does beg the question of exactly whose thumbprint they were going to verify it against?

Quite typical of unnecessary data gathering though. It makes me laugh when people ask me for my date of birth as a "security check" when I know damn well they don't already have it.

When asked how they are going to verify it against a record they don't have I normally get a large amount of "does not compute, does not compute" attitude from them.

I wonder if the security guard told him to put his hands up?

Had a phone call yesterday from HMRC about my tax return, one of the security questions was "can you confirm the telephone number we are phoning you on" WTF!

Had a phone call yesterday from HMRC about my tax return, one of the security questions was "can you confirm the telephone number we are phoning you on" WTF!

I think you will find that wasn't HMRC phoning you. They always write to give notice that they are enquiring into your tax return.

If you needed a more obvious example of how silly the sheeple are then I dont know what would do. Its amazing how so many people just cant think for themselves! Beggers Belief! :blink:

Still, no arm done. They didn't have a leg to stand on really.

(I don't have a coat, but if I did...)

Why not a saliva sample or rather a spittle sample, the Police like this for their database dont they? ;)

Why not a skid mark, they're all unique to the individual?

I think you will find that wasn't HMRC phoning you. They always write to give notice that they are enquiring into your tax return.

I think you will find it was HMRC phoning me, they had already sent me a letter and a £100 fine which is what they were phoning for!!!!!

:lol::lol: My tea just went down the wrong way. :o

Anytime I call France Telecom, they always ask me to confirm the tel. no. I'm dialling from. I always ask them to look at their screen, as it's displayed in front of them (ie. they all have Call Display).

I suspect they do this to give them an air of authority. Or waste another 15 seconds that they'll bill you for.......... :rolleyes:

Edited by Agentimmo