House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athom

A Sign Of Things To Come?

There has been a definite upsurge in the number windscreen washing gypsy muggers at London's traffic lights lately.

But today, first time ever, I came across an Englishman doing it. :blink: Never seen that before.

Has anyone ever actually paid these people anything? If so what is the least you have paid?

I'm thinking it takes them about 15 seconds maximum. So 240/hour £5.40/240= 2.3p minus that it's tax free and minus that they're on benefits and minus that we've all got windscreen washing equipment on the car by law anyway = reasonable about of pay is just about nothing.

Anything more is an insult to productive people doing something useful.

Guest DisposableHeroes
There has been a definite upsurge in the number windscreen washing gypsy muggers at London's traffic lights lately.

But today, first time ever, I came across an Englishman doing it. :blink: Never seen that before.

Has anyone ever actually paid these people anything? If so what is the least you have paid?

I'm thinking it takes them about 15 seconds maximum. So 240/hour £5.40/240= 2.3p minus that it's tax free and minus that they're on benefits and minus that we've all got windscreen washing equipment on the car by law anyway = reasonable about of pay is just about nothing.

Anything more is an insult to productive people doing something useful.

No, if my car needs cleaning I will do it myself. I've never come across an Englishman before either.

Half the pointlessness of him doing my windscreen for nothing today was it just made the dirt on the rest of the car stand out more.

At least he had enough class to not draw a heart on the windscreen with dirty soap suds