House Price Crash Forum
Guest absolutezero

Does Anyone Else Get The Feeling Hpc.co.uk Has Turned Into A Parody Of Itself?

Guest absolutezero

Like the thread title says.

Back in the old days this place was a very useful forum and you could have a useful and meaningful debate.

But now it has a very vocal minority of tinfoil hatters and rabid "private sector adherents".

The question is, why did this happen?

Back in the old days this place was a very useful forum and you could have a useful and meaningful debate.

But now it has a very vocal minority of tinfoil hatters and rabid "private sector adherents".

Says a man whose avatar is a Dalek!

:lol:

Mods move this trash to the subforum entitled "ABOUT HOUSEPRICECRASH" 8-|

Its the public sector types that made it happen - see previous "I want my pension threads and stuff everyone else".

Simple no debate on here anymore.

Some chap posted a graph today with his analysis of why prices do not matter affordability does. The first page of replies were basically "you are an idiot" no justification for why, no arguments put forward, no discussion.

Why would anybody put forward new thoughts for the idiot masses.

When I first posted I was slagged of by Smeghead and his whole argument was what happens at the margins is what will happen to all house prices i.e repos. His logic was we have agreed it on HPC so it is gospel.

I notice that there has been no discussion of what happens at the margins for about 18 months, maybe because repos are no living upto HPC expectations so that argument has gone.

Also the cut and pasters should be trolled like cashinmattress he has never paosted an orginal thought of his on here.

Poster such as Hamish and Valerius should be debated not just trolled because they have a different view.

Guest absolutezero
Mods move this trash to the subforum entitled "ABOUT HOUSEPRICECRASH" 8-|

Oooh. Touchy.

Simple no debate on here anymore.

Some chap posted a graph today with his analysis of why prices do not matter affordability does. The first page of replies were basically "you are an idiot" no justification for why, no arguments put forward, no discussion.

Why would anybody put forward new thoughts for the idiot masses.

When I first posted I was slagged of by Smeghead and his whole argument was what happens at the margins is what will happen to all house prices i.e repos. His logic was we have agreed it on HPC so it is gospel.

I notice that there has been no discussion of what happens at the margins for about 18 months, maybe because repos are no living upto HPC expectations so that argument has gone.

Also the cut and pasters should be trolled like cashinmattress he has never paosted an orginal thought of his on here.

Poster such as Hamish and Valerius should be debated not just trolled because they have a different view.

HERETIC! :P

The old posters were

-Outsourced

-Something to do with the government/Gordon Brown

-They were a conceit that didn't really exist.

-Parasites on the genuinely productive tax paying section of society

-They were bed-blocking baby boomers so good riddance.

I'm sure the answer's in there somewhere.

Guest absolutezero
Its the public sector types that made it happen - see previous "I want my pension threads and stuff everyone else".

Says one of the "private sector adherents" I mentioned in my opening post, so I'd not expect a rational debate from you.

All new posters who do not respect the Emperor Dalek must be exterminated

Exterminate! Exterminate!

But seriously

You guys have been proved right so the site has basically lost its original Raison D'etre.

:blink:

How about we're in a hiatus without so much hard stuff to talk about just now and most of the arguments have been thrashed to death anyway?

We're waiting to see which ones turn out to be correct.

Edited by indirectapproach

I blame all the threads about what exactly the national average salary is. Repeated viewing of these threads has turned everybody's brain to mush: now people can only communicate by banging their heads against the keyboards and posting the results.

How about we're in a hiatus without so much hard stuff to talk about just now and most of the arguments have been thrashed to death anyway?

We're waiting to see which ones turn out to be correct.

Yes, I agree, and while we wait there doesn't seem much point debating the merits of some business/consumer sentiment survey that concludes 51% think the sun's going to shine so the recovery must be here.

When something credible about economic fundamentals crops up it will get debated and any bear food short of a full scale gilt strike will be seen as so-so.

Guest absolutezero
All new posters who do not respect the Emperor Dalek must be exterminated

Exterminate! Exterminate!

But seriously

You guys have been proved right so the site has basically lost its original Raison D'etre.

House prices are (supposedly) increasing though, so we still have the bulltrap or new paradigm debate.

Any forum is the sum of its posters. Go over to MSE and be bored to death with the hugs and numpties. There is plenty of interesting material on here. "The Gilts thread" and "If anyone's Interested" to name two. There is no end of quirky subjects on the off topic. This forum is what you make of it.

If anyone's interested is the best topic on here.

Guest DisposableHeroes

It's time for you to move "off topic" and start your rehabilitation back into society. Institutionalism is difficult to confront, but be strong brother, you will push through it.

Edited by DisposableHeroes

House prices are (supposedly) increasing though, so we still have the bulltrap or new paradigm debate.

It's a Bull Trap

I think we all know that.

The economy is completely wrecked.

The Government can't go on printing money and increasing public debt at the current rate forever.

The Sh*t WILL hit the fan sooner or later

Not much to debate really.

I think you are rose-tinting it a bit.. I started following mid 2006 and I remember there being quite a few TFHs back then too.

There are still several very intelligent posters here IMHO, the excitement factor just got drained a little after the financial system didn't completely implode.

Still time though ;)

Guest absolutezero
Any forum is the sum of its posters. Go over to MSE and be bored to death with the hugs and numpties. There is plenty of interesting material on here. "The Gilts thread" and "If anyone's Interested" to name two. There is no end of quirky subjects on the off topic. This forum is what you make of it.

I'm not saying the forum is crap, but nowadays you have to sift through the drivel (some would suggect this thread - fine!) to find the nuggets.

There were a lot more nuggets a year or two ago.

There were a lot less argument and insults a year or two ago.

you can't go wrong with a well intentioned, well informed TFH. :D

Guest absolutezero

Agreed, but where do we find that these days!? :lol:

I think about 6-9 months ago the crash was getting right up to speed and many of the original posters who were intending to buy a house, left, or just spent less time here.

Cue the TFH brigade, the BNP sypathisers and the Daily Wail readers seizing the moment.

Me, I'm sticking around for the hyper-inflationary collapse and/or rise of the lizards.

It happened because many bears are scared. The last few months have not been good for them.

According to HPCSpeak, anyone who has a home, was either lucky, lied, or just happened to be born at the right time, either way they don't deserve it.

Anyone thinking of buying a home is an idiot, and a sheeple, even if they have hundreds of thousands of pounds in the bank.

They are cheap to date. A couple of tins of baked beans and a "would you like to see my bunker." and you are away.