House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Which Is The Tastiest Tesco Sandwich?

The most tastiest Tesco sandwich is Ham and Mustard IMO. And thats because of the mustard!

Most Tesco sandwiches are tasteless. I assume this is on account of freezing them.

Baguettes at French service stations couldn't be tastier, especially the ham and cheese ones

Guest DisposableHeroes
The most tastiest Tesco sandwich is Ham and Mustard IMO. And thats because of the mustard!

Most Tesco sandwiches are tasteless. I assume this is on account of freezing them.

Baguettes at French service stations couldn't be tastier, especially the ham and cheese ones

I've never purchased a Tesco's sandwich. I have consumed numerous cheese pasties though, cheap and cheerful.

Make your own.

For me the bread is just a delivery mechanism for the filling. I usually have a chicken breast with a bit of mustard or coleslaw. Get some funny looks with the filling being twice as big as the bread but it's better than spending £2+ on something you can do for £1-.

Tasty..........Tesco............???

Surely, that's an Oxymoron!

:lol:

I too thought this until I tried the tasty BLT. But get it from the back where they put the fresh ones.

Guest Parry aka GOD

The Big Eat Ploughmans was always a good one.

How much are they now? Around 89p for a basic one last time I was there.

The Big Eat Ploughmans was always a good one.

How much are they now? Around 89p for a basic one last time I was there.

Big Eat Ploughmans is £2 Mr P

Wouldn't buy any ready made sandwich: having seen film of the scrungy Peeps making 'em.....................

All apart from the taste.

Make all our own bread anyway: by make I mean by hand; no breadmakers other than me!

How hard is it to make a damned sandwich?

I can chose the ingredients, too.

Enjoyed a demon roll on Monday morning: stopped at an aire (Autoroute pull off) en route back from Normandy.

My white crusty bread roll (Organic flour) and my best mate's award winning pure pork banger; cold, BBQd over charcoal afternoon before.

Brittany butter and wholegrain mustard.

Tesco.

Smesco!

Wouldn't buy any ready made sandwich: having seen film of the scrungy Peeps making 'em.....................

All apart from the taste.

Make all our own bread anyway: by make I mean by hand; no breadmakers other than me!

How hard is it to make a damned sandwich?

I can chose the ingredients, too.

Enjoyed a demon roll on Monday morning: stopped at an aire (Autoroute pull off) en route back from Normandy.

My white crusty bread roll (Organic flour) and my best mate's award winning pure pork banger; cold, BBQd over charcoal afternoon before.

Brittany butter and wholegrain mustard.

Tesco.

Smesco!

I am hungry now.

Guest Parry aka GOD
paul, i really would make my own if i were you. some sandwich firms put lots of additives in and the sandwich could have been made days ago. make your own, it's worth it.

I think they're packed in nitrogen to keep them fresh?

I think they're packed in nitrogen to keep them fresh?

theres additives apart from any gas they may or may not use, some salads get packed in gases and washed in chlorine i think, i only buy fresh lettuce or one that says not packed in gas

A lot of the sandwiches are not as healthy as they should be. They add all sorts of rubbish to them and often the tuna and salmon is so 'old' that there is nothing beneficial in it, the cheese is often plasticky and bland and the bread, well, the cotton wool that passes for bread nowadays is a nonsense.

However, they win on price don't they - Tesco just opened an Express a few doors away from a sarnie shop and the Tesco sarnies are basically 50% the price... be interesting to see if the sarnie shop surivives or not.

I'II shortly be immersing myself in the subculture that is the 24hr Tesco Extra on my way home - I'II check out the sarnies and see if I think anything looks edible.

Edit to add: Finest Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese looked quite tasty - got distracted looking at their, what seemed to me, to be rather excessive levels of Back To School stock left, it's almost like their dopey customers don't realise we're in a recovery.

No, that is because the salt in the bread has been reduced to a 'healthy level' as decreed by law, and so, the stuff just tastes bland.

It also causes people to overeat as they food itself is not as satisfying and they keep gobbling, looking for the missing taste.

A portable saltshaker is your friend...

Every little helps:

a5evck.jpg

That's a free-range chicken that lost a fight against another hen -- now you know why battery cage keeping is far better for the birds.

It's also much more environmentally friendly than free-range.

No, that is because the salt in the bread has been reduced to a 'healthy level' as decreed by law, and so, the stuff just tastes bland.

It also causes people to overeat as they food itself is not as satisfying and they keep gobbling, looking for the missing taste.

A portable saltshaker is your friend...

yup , i found some local bakers were the worst with this

it's like eating a bland cake

Guest X-QUORK
That's a free-range chicken that lost a fight against another hen -- now you know why battery cage keeping is far better for the birds.

Lol...you really believe that don't you? It's certainly not a free range hen, it's an intensively reared hen which is unable to support it's own weight. Stop trying to revise the truth.

yup , i found some local bakers were the worst with this

it's like eating a bland cake

Actually, the main reaason modern "Bread" is tasteless cardboard sponge, is the way it's made and the ingredients.

Many years ago the Chorleywood Baking Process was designed to maximise mass-baker's product throughput by short-circuiting the traditional methodologies.

http://www.grain.org/seedling/?id=471#_10

Thereafter, a raft of additives to "Improve" texture and maximise profit have finished the job of movin g what used to be called The Staff of Life to yet another bland, tasteless and additives riven pile of crap.

Many people complain that after eating bread they bloat: hardly surprising.

Additionally, wheat growers have changed wheat strains dramatically to varieties which require less fertiliser and are more pest resistant: as well as having greater natural resistance to plant diseases and best of all - for the growers - much highrer yeilds.

Which is probably why Cealiac Disease is reaching such high numbers.

All of which is why I bake my own from mainly Sourdough leven and organic stone ground flour.

Q E D

Tesco...yuk.

Don't start me off on the standards their chickens live in.

I like Sainsburys freedom-foods chickens. Reared to RSPCA not-quite-free-range standards, well less than a fiver, and much much better quality than the nasty battery £3 chickens from anywhere.

It's also much more environmentally friendly than free-range.

I don't care. We're wqealthy enough and eat too much meat anyway, we can afford not to have battery animal production, and just eat less meat. I go easier n the 3rd world in this respect.