House Price Crash Forum

Yet Another Leaving Post. Mick Dundee Quits Hpc.co.uk

Mick Dundee

HOLA441

I have done something yesterday, which I have come on here and heckled people for doing. I exchanged contracts today.

We have found a 4 bedroom detached house in the North West and made an offer of £174,950 on it. They rejected the offer, so we can back with £177,500 final offer. This was accepted and so we are upgrading from our current home which we have sold stc for £225,500 and this will clear off our small remaining mortgage too.

Mick Dundee and Co will be mortgage free at last. No more monthly payments to the Nationwide, no more threats of repossesion if we do not keep up with mortgage payments each month.

To this end it would be very lame of me to come on here and start bragging and I cant come on here and say, I am in the same boat as I am not.

So, just last week, I was saying to someone leaving that you will miss us. It turns out, I am off too.

Injin, you never did win an argument against me, but I enjoyed the fact you tried. :lol:

Good luck everyone. My final piece of advice is this : "Do right by yourself first. Make sure your alright Jack, before helping anyone else".

I read that on a card stuffed down the seat on a airplane, as to what steps you should do regarding cabin pressure change. Funny thing is, it works out pretty well in the world too.

Stay safe and stay well.

Mick Dundee ..... OUT !!!

HOLA442
HOLA443

Given that you're still a "bear", were you not tempted to take the £180k or so of equity and the resulting £800-£1000 p/m interest and simply rent for a while?

I don't really know you so obv this may not have been suitable for your circumstances!

Either way, congrats on being mortgage free. I think that's the end goal for most people.

HOLA444
Er, Mick, hate to be a wet blanket (although this is obviously the default setting on a website called House Price Crash) but... How sure are you that the buyer actually has the £225,500 to pay you?

Same thought occurred to me!

I guess the official line on here is that anyone whose chain falls apart only has themselves to blame as clearly they've learnt nothing from the know-alls on here.

I guess owning 2 homes henceforth is a BTL opportunity? Either that or lose the £17K.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Er, Mick, hate to be a wet blanket (although this is obviously the default setting on a website called House Price Crash) but... How sure are you that the buyer actually has the £225,500 to pay you?

OMG! I didn't spot that! :blink:

Please tell me you've exchanged on BOTH transactions?

HOLA447
HOLA448
Given that you're still a "bear", were you not tempted to take the £180k or so of equity and the resulting £800-£1000 p/m interest and simply rent for a while?

I don't really know you so obv this may not have been suitable for your circumstances!

Either way, congrats on being mortgage free. I think that's the end goal for most people.

i dont know what accounts are paying that much nowadays

anyway to MD, here are the mandatory farewell phrases: good for you, good luck, you dun wot is right for you - no one can blame you for that, if it's a home to live in... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HOLA449

I have exhanged on both properties and the its all secure. The deals done. No chain to fail, unless you call it a chain of 3. I intend to live a normal life and turn off listening to the news, website forums and just play the nintendo wii, like a muppet. They are so much happier and maybe, so will I.

Bye Everyone.

Edited by Mick Dundee

HOLA4410

Couldn't figure you out Mick. Your "you work to 70 so l can retire" post, based on the premise that a bunch of fraudsters promised you something, and therefore you were going to get it, even if it meant further theft of another entirely unrelated bunch of people..i.e. the rest of us, was frankly bizarre. Staring at numbers all day must make the world seem very black and white or somesuch.

Anyway l dont have to wonder anymore. Enjoy your new home and bye for now (in all likelihood!)

HOLA4411
I have exhanged on both properties and the its all secure. The deals done. No chain to fail, unless you call it a chain of 3. I intend to live a normal life and turn off listening to the news, website forums and just play the nintendo wii, like a muppet. They are so much happier and maybe, so will I.

Bye Everyone.

mick..what was asking price?

HOLA4412
Good luck everyone. My final piece of advice is this : "Do right by yourself first. Make sure your alright Jack, before helping anyone else".

sounds like Maggie Thatcher's 'there is no society - there are just men and women and families'

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416