House Price Crash Forum

Internet Dating Sites

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
HOLA442

Its full of women who write "I only want a man who is tall, handsome, good weight, GSOH". They want the whole bloody world. So why are they on a dating site then? Clearly, these types can't attract a man in real life.

I advise guys to stay well away.

Oh and from mates who have done it, they tell me that the birds are easy shags on a first date. Even for regular sites like match.com

HOLA443
Its full of women who write "I only want a man who is tall, handsome, good weight, GSOH". They want the whole bloody world. So why are they on a dating site then? Clearly, these types can't attract a man in real life.

Oh and from mates who have done it, they tell me that the birds are easy shags on a first date. Even for regular sites like match.com

Yeah, stay away. I've heard a story about a bloke who created a female profile for "research", apparently the messages were flooding in within minutes and she wasn't even all that attractive. Compare this to men who'll get maybe one message each month.

They're just a service to boost women's egos.

If you're vaguely normal, you have a better chance of meeting women while doing vaguely normal things.

HOLA444

Avoid. Had a mate who went on one and ended up meeting up with a girl who had claimed she was "slim and attractive". He said in reality she was a ******* shipping hazard with a face like a dropped pie and a gob like an Irish fishwife.

I think he still shagged her though.

HOLA445

For most men they're next to useless. Unless you look like "Brad Clooney" or the latest boy band star ( with matching bank balance ) you won't get far, unless you want some ugly chav single mum.

I've dabbled a bit, and really it's about women demanding this and requiring that, while telling you what they did on holiday ( sorry, where they went "travelling" ) and hiding behind 10 year old photos. I met one women who looked far older than she claimed, but at least she admitted it.....

HOLA446
For most men they're next to useless. Unless you look like "Brad Clooney" or the latest boy band star ( with matching bank balance ) you won't get far, unless you want some ugly chav single mum.

I've dabbled a bit, and really it's about women demanding this and requiring that, while telling you what they did on holiday ( sorry, where they went "travelling" ) and hiding behind 10 year old photos. I met one women who looked far older than she claimed, but at least she admitted it.....

That's how I caught my ex out , he had registered on match.com ( research for a friend)!!!!

Yea right...........out the door he went! Now married to a once single chav mum, good luck to them, they deserve each other.

My friends tell me they get really weird guys and a lot of the guys I used to work with were married and embroiled on dating sites, not my scene, I might meet up with the ex if I joined :lol:

HOLA447

I like the pics which are obvioulsy of her and her ex and she's cropped it, but you can still see his arm or a bit of his head.

I think some are better than others though. Guardian Soulmates seems full of genuine and nice women, who are not too demanding. The more 'downmarket' sites look a bit tacky though, seem more about sex.

You kind of think if someone needs to join a site like this then they can't be very 'good' as they could have found someone in real life. But how modern living is developing people do find it harder to meet people. Lots of 30 year olds now probably work all day, get home knackered and don't go to the sort of places you can meet people. We are more isolated now than ever as individuals.

So good luck to anyone who wants to give it a go but the golden rules seem to be don't take it too seriously and just be yourself.

HOLA448

even i met someone on guardian soulmates :lol: but we were not a match and mutually lost interest after the initial attraction

i would agree with yodigo's comment 95% of the time, however with many moons of persistence i think most men will meet someone reasonable online, the problem is the time it takes to get a date and then if not compatible it's quite a wait for the next possible prospect (if you're an average man) i think it's just much healthier to have a social life and pluck up courage to get talking to a woman face to face - i think most women give a man a glance or smile if they want him to come over, so no real need to cold call unless she's not had the chance to clock you. and women may make the first conversational move sometimes too (rarely of course unless drunk)

however, the men who clean up and get inundated on these sites are the very men who dont need it, ditto the women, so i always wonder what the prettier men/women are doing on there - looking for some supermodel or minted partner perhaps

ps if you look good the majority of resonably attractive women are not interested in your money other than that you have a job, in my experience

HOLA449
HOLA4410

That's me convinced.

HOLA4411
Avoid. Had a mate who went on one and ended up meeting up with a girl who had claimed she was "slim and attractive". He said in reality she was a ******* shipping hazard with a face like a dropped pie and a gob like an Irish fishwife.

I think he still shagged her though.

man yur comment made me laugh ill tell ya, the one i hooked up with would definately get her money back on the ghost train.

HOLA4412
Guest skullingtonjoe

:lol: Maybe they should just call it skank.com (or.co.uk)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

90% of the female ads can be summarised as "I don't know how to be happy in myself, so I'm looking for a meal ticket in order to be miserable in comfort. Here's a photo of me baring my teeth"

There are exceptions.

Oh and mental illness is widespread, based on my very small sample size and that of two friends of mine, it's 50% of women on Match.

HOLA4417
and they try hard :)

Before you slag it off too much a word of warning on conventional dating.Mrs.P's cousin came for a week at the end of July. Nice enough girl but one hell of a thirst.We bought in 24 440ml cans of Stella for her.The first night a body count revealed 14 down.Then she went to the pub and met Bob. He bought her another three pints and we reckoned that made about 14 pints for the day.

When she went home Bob sent her a text and invited himself to hers for the weekend.All went well so she came back down last week to visit.Bob had told her that he had a business employing 50 people but he sold it after they phoned him and disturbed his holiday in Barbados.I sounded the first alarm bell after a drive by of his drum (Yes it gets better he's from a pie and mash,jellied eel eating,dance with your thumbs in your braces part of the world) revealed a down at heel semi that even Krusty would have trouble persuading a mug punter to shell out one hundred of our English big ones for.Next he is promising her a new Range Rover with cream leather upholstery (contrasting piping) a month in Oz and paying off her mortgage.Meanwhile Lord Gorblimey of Tower Hamlets sits regally in a clapped out "R" reg beemer.Can the internet be worse?

HOLA4418
Before you slag it off too much a word of warning on conventional dating.Mrs.P's cousin came for a week at the end of July. Nice enough girl but one hell of a thirst.We bought in 24 440ml cans of Stella for her.The first night a body count revealed 14 down.Then she went to the pub and met Bob. He bought her another three pints and we reckoned that made about 14 pints for the day.

When she went home Bob sent her a text and invited himself to hers for the weekend.All went well so she came back down last week to visit.Bob had told her that he had a business employing 50 people but he sold it after they phoned him and disturbed his holiday in Barbados.I sounded the first alarm bell after a drive by of his drum (Yes it gets better he's from a pie and mash,jellied eel eating,dance with your thumbs in your braces part of the world) revealed a down at heel semi that even Krusty would have trouble persuading a mug punter to shell out one hundred of our English big ones for.Next he is promising her a new Range Rover with cream leather upholstery (contrasting piping) a month in Oz and paying off her mortgage.Meanwhile Lord Gorblimey of Tower Hamlets sits regally in a clapped out "R" reg beemer.Can the internet be worse?

How old are Mrs.P's cousin and 'Bob'?

HOLA4419
That's how I caught my ex out , he had registered on match.com ( research for a friend)!!!!

Yea right...........out the door he went! Now married to a once single chav mum, good luck to them, they deserve each other.

My friends tell me they get really weird guys and a lot of the guys I used to work with were married and embroiled on dating sites, not my scene, I might meet up with the ex if I joined :lol:

A year to the month after a long-term ex of mine got married - we were never married - a friend of mine saw that she had created a profile on dating direct. Since then, and I very infrequently visit dating sites, have seen her 2 or 3 times on that same dating site - once after valentines day, once the day after her birthday.

Grade A nutjobs on dating sites IMPO - both male and female! Yes, I know that is a generalisation and, of course, there are bound to be some wonderful, genuine people who join them searching for friends, soul-mate, passion encounter but, generally, best avoided in my personal view.

HOLA4420
I like the pics which are obvioulsy of her and her ex and she's cropped it, but you can still see his arm or a bit of his head.

Yeah, almost as if they cannot bring themselves to get rid of the photos or perhaps they still carry a torch... or maybe it is deliberately symbolic hoping the ex will see that he has been 'cut out' of her life... too much goes on in the female mind.

HOLA4421
90% of the female ads can be summarised as "I don't know how to be happy in myself, so I'm looking for a meal ticket in order to be miserable in comfort. Here's a photo of me baring my teeth"

There are exceptions.

Oh and mental illness is widespread, based on my very small sample size and that of two friends of mine, it's 50% of women on Match.

:lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
The key to finding a partner is not making yourself attractive to the opposite sex, but being able to read the subtle signs that a member of the opposite sex is attracted to you.

IMHO.

the problem is for a lot of us those signs never come and when we delude ourselves that they have we just make twits of ourselves. in my experience, women will give you the eye, simple as that, or if talking to you will dart their eyes betwixt (i am going ye olde english for some reason) your eyes and your mouth and down to your chest while you chat face to face. so unless you've got dried in heinz salad cream on your tie and crusts of it on your chin, you've probably pulled then.

in my case when i talk to women these days (eg last 10 years) i get a fixed eye contact which says "normal business" rather than "i'd like to lick haagen dazs off your right earlobe". sadly. but nothing i can do about that, although no longer that interested in s.e.x. any more anyway

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest tbatst2000

Two different male friends - both normal looking, nice, well educated, employed types - have met normal looking, nice, well educated employed women via the interweb. One couple are getting married this year, the other next. So seems like it can work ok.

Archived