House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Skinty

Drawing Cartoons On A Computer

Guest Skinty

OK, I've finally bought myself a Wacom tablet (Bamboo fun medium) with the intention of taking up cartooning again. I used to do it all the time as a child and then I stopped. Now I want to start again. One of the main motivations is this idea for a cartoon strip I want to develop. But first things first, I need to work on my style.

I did try before, bought loads of books and stuff, but I figured that I need an undo feature that didn't involve rubbing out using an eraser and so waited until I could afford a tablet.

Does anyone draw with these? It came with ArtRage but I am wondering if there is a better software package out there that I can use. I tried to get it working with gimp on OpenSuse linux but it doesn't seem to work too well for some reason. I think I will have to sort out the settings for that.

Guest DisposableHeroes
OK, I've finally bought myself a Wacom tablet (Bamboo fun medium) with the intention of taking up cartooning again. I used to do it all the time as a child and then I stopped. Now I want to start again. One of the main motivations is this idea for a cartoon strip I want to develop. But first things first, I need to work on my style.

I did try before, bought loads of books and stuff, but I figured that I need an undo feature that didn't involve rubbing out using an eraser and so waited until I could afford a tablet.

Does anyone draw with these? It came with ArtRage but I am wondering if there is a better software package out there that I can use. I tried to get it working with gimp on OpenSuse linux but it doesn't seem to work too well for some reason. I think I will have to sort out the settings for that.

Good skill to learn, there must/will be a big demand for good graphic artists for web design.

For non Linux people, gimp is like photoshop.

Guest Parry aka GOD

Skinty,

www.popartmachine.com

Have a look. Fantastic site.

Bitmap editing software is frustrating to use, I`ve got Photoshop CS4 and Paint.net and I dislike them both. Try a vector drawing program such as Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.