House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bumblebeeandboy

Sold Prices Showing Down Down Downwards Direction

We str last year and live in Farnham. We want to buy a family home but refuse to pay the stupid prices round here an believe they still have a long way to fall (post GE). Our friends and family think we're mad as prices are going up again you'll get left behind blah blah blah.

Well just had a look at the sold prices for some homes we went to view last year and they have all sold for approx £100k less than the initial asking price last spring. They were all initially around the £330k price band. None of them were suitable for us and in my opinion vastly over priced at the time. There are still homes selling (well STC) at stupid prices but i'll keep watching with interest if these go through and at what price. If i was in the process of buying and saw these sold prices come out for similar homes i'd seriously question what i was paying.

We str last year and live in Farnham. We want to buy a family home but refuse to pay the stupid prices round here an believe they still have a long way to fall (post GE). Our friends and family think we're mad as prices are going up again you'll get left behind blah blah blah.

Well just had a look at the sold prices for some homes we went to view last year and they have all sold for approx £100k less than the initial asking price last spring. They were all initially around the £330k price band. None of them were suitable for us and in my opinion vastly over priced at the time. There are still homes selling (well STC) at stupid prices but i'll keep watching with interest if these go through and at what price. If i was in the process of buying and saw these sold prices come out for similar homes i'd seriously question what i was paying.

Hiya.

You and us both (situation, location, and identical observations on the local market...) We can't take the kids to the park these days, without some kn*b coming up and asking if we don't think we've "missed the boat..." Maybe Sibley lives in Farnham, and the Maidstone thing is just a read herring :lol:

Let's just hope we don't end up bidding against each other in a year or two's time.

I'd hate to think that two fellow HPC'ers were responsible for any of the local EA's (such as Roger Wa**, Spaniel Vosene, Jimmy "K**Ts" Fearn, or that tw@t that used to work for Foxtons, who's gone all purple and re-invented himself under the name of a nice little South Farnham village) having a w@nk-fest over stuff going to sealed or competitive bidding between the two of us, when all we want is a roof over our heads to bring up our families.

£6-800K for a bog-standard four bed place (we've got loads of kids...) Just get real folks...

I'm still waiting to see one of the local EA's "get a Mr Muddle" in Borelli's one night. If we could predict it, I'd join you down there for a bottle of Chateau Schad and a ringside seat.... ;)

Have a cool weekend.

B