House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

I Havent Been To London In A While...

But is this what Public Structures look like in the Capital nowadays, not that it seems to be working....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...4th-plinth.html

Looks like some surveilance tower in Ulster during the troubles.

I do recall a load of makeshift concrete barriers outside Parliament last time i was there, looked like they were expecting tanks to drive through.

What a shame this once great city now resembles a third world warzone.

But is this what Public Structures look like in the Capital nowadays, not that it seems to be working....

I do recall a load of makeshift concrete barriers outside Parliament last time i was there, looked like they were expecting tanks to drive through.

That's there for health and safety reasons - because people are standing on it.

That's there for health and safety reasons - because people are standing on it.

Duh!

Yes, people are taking turns to stand on the plinth while the statue is cleaned. The net is to protect them.

No, London isn't like Ulster during the troubles.

:rolleyes:

Guest skullingtonjoe
Hasnt worked very well, has it?

The plinth seems pretty crap. But well done to the guy for getting a job - showed initiative.

Guest X-QUORK

Jesus, what a misery.

Guest X-QUORK
Hasnt worked very well, has it?

No, they're meant to be standing on it...oh it doesn't matter.

Yes, people are taking turns to stand on the plinth while the statue is cleaned.

Pedant's point: There's no statue for the fourth plinth, hence the reason why they've been using it for public works of art in recent years.

Guest absolutezero

Well done to him for using his initiative and getting himself noticed.

I went sober last week to get a suit fitted. ****** me it was depressing.

Normally I go at night time and we're well lashed before stepping off of the train. You well and truly need this to anaesthetise you to the locals. Either that or a gun.

Pedant's point: There's no statue for the fourth plinth, hence the reason why they've been using it for public works of art in recent years.

Apologies gavp, you're quite right of course. Here's the info to prove that this particular photo and person's experience isn't a sign of 'broken Britain or London being like Ulster in the troubles': http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7910981.stm

(Of course, you have to trust the BBC and Antony Gormley :unsure: )

Note: I'm sure Antony would be amused to learn that his work of art reminded someone of Ulster in the troubles though! :P

I haven't been to central London for a while either - the Northern outskirts was enough for me...

London is full of Londoners who think they need a passport to leave the place, and that there's no where else in the country that offers the same level of marvelousness.

London is full of Londoners who think they need a passport to leave the place, and that there's no where else in the country that offers the same level of marvelousness.

I won't lie - I love London. I also love Paris.

Guest X-QUORK
I won't lie - I love London. I also love Paris.

+1

Have to get back to green fields after a few days though.

I forgot to mention that I adore the English, Scottish & Welsh countrysides.

Then you're not one of the ones who think they need a passport to leave the city...

I'm talking about people who think that a trip to Colchester for the weekend would be a big achievement, despite the fact that it's only 50 minutes on the train. They automatically assume that people from outside of London should come to the city to meet up, but never manage to make a reciprocal trip. [/bitchy and resentment mode]

I haven't been to central London for a while either - the Northern outskirts was enough for me...

I did once live a year in London without leaving it. :blink: