House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Facebook Access Blocked

Facebook access blocked at work. I don't use it myself but because of heavy users (some people apparently are on it all day) I understand alot of employers' are moving towards blocking Facebook access.

Is it the end of Facebook ?

Guest theboltonfury
My previous employer blocked access to facebook, ebay, myspace and youtube.

If it had been my company I'd have done the same.

Many also block web based mail. Yahoo, Hotmail etc

Facebook is needless. Full of gimps, liars and perverts.

However I have been using my ebay, hpc, webmail from my mobile phone via hsdpa for well over two years, plus many other sites.

You really have to be sad and desperate and maybe also retarded to steal time, and bandwidth from your employers in this economic climate.

Get another job if you dont like your employers i.t policies. Im sure you will find numerous employers that will let you use their facilities how and when you see fit.

Guest theboltonfury
Facebook is needless. Full of gimps, liars and perverts.

However I have been using my ebay, hpc, webmail from my mobile phone via hsdpa for well over two years, plus many other sites.

You really have to be sad and desperate and maybe also retarded to steal time, and bandwidth from your employers in this economic climate.

Get another job if you dont like your employers i.t policies. Im sure you will find numerous employers that will let you use their facilities how and when you see fit.

You work in IT don't you?

Guest X-QUORK
Full of gimps, liars and perverts.

Yes, that would be a fair description of my FB friends.

Gotta love 'em.

I blocked facebook at my work purely to piss all my users off.

No other reason than that :lol:

Everything else is fair game though. Don't see the need in blocking Ebay and web-based e-mail websites... Block too much and you might find one of your users has just spiked your tea :(

Facebook is a real time-sponge for some people. The amount of working time lost to 'Mafia Wars' in my office is immense. I have no interest in social networking sites so the likes of Twitter, Facebook and Bebo have passed me by.

Any non-retarded workplace will block those as well...

Not blocked by AT&T filter. Are they retarded?

Guest absolutezero
Facebook access blocked at work. I don't use it myself but because of heavy users (some people apparently are on it all day) I understand alot of employers' are moving towards blocking Facebook access.

Is it the end of Facebook ?

With any bloody luck.