House Price Crash Forum
Hip to be bear

Black September?

I've read all the doom and gloom and doom and a bit more gloom too!

Down here on the Dorset coast... post bank holiday....it is like sombody turned out the lights.

My wife and I complete on the sale of our restaurant business tomorrow. (fingers crossed,touch wood, turn round... touch the ground etc and every other superstitious fobia going!!!!)

I am saddened but not surprised that houseprices are going back up. We have sold house and now business too. As long as we complete, I am realistically too tired to care right now, so bring on the crash. As long as we don't have total economic / social meltdown I say bring it on!!!!!

I am not calling a black....DAY thread. I do not have the market knowledge or the cojones for that. But I reckon we will have a few black sessions through the autumn. Tipping point or death by 1000 cuts I do not know, but it doesn't look or feel good to me. My money is on swine flu having more of an impact than we expect.....

Its like watching a drunk wandering about a Mine field.........you know whats going to happen, just wondering which mine he hits!

Mike

Schools going back over the next 2 weeks means that kids will bring all kinds of germs and infections home to their working mums and dads. Watch for any media hysteria over a couple of deaths.

Its like watching a drunk wandering about a Mine field.........you know whats going to happen, just wondering which mine he hits!

Mike

What if he walks all way out of the minefield on a cushion of QE?????

Like QE stilts? Keeps the rich aloft and away from the great unwashed.

We have the real economy (the mine field) and the fantasy economy that you can only get to via the QE stilts. Trouble is the QE stilts are getting shorter all the time.

The BoE will stimulate recovery with some Quantitive Sneezing.

Love it :lol::lol::lol:

Down here on the Dorset coast... post bank holiday....it is like sombody turned out the lights.

My wife and I complete on the sale of our restaurant business tomorrow. (fingers crossed,touch wood, turn round... touch the ground etc and every other superstitious fobia going!!!!)

I am saddened but not surprised that houseprices are going back up. We have sold house and now business too. As long as we complete, I am realistically too tired to care right now, so bring on the crash. As long as we don't have total economic / social meltdown I say bring it on!!!!!

I am not calling a black....DAY thread. I do not have the market knowledge or the cojones for that. But I reckon we will have a few black sessions through the autumn. Tipping point or death by 1000 cuts I do not know, but it doesn't look or feel good to me. My money is on swine flu having more of an impact than we expect.....

Oooh you're a cheery ******er. What did you serve in your restaurant, little monkey brains sprinkled with toddlers eyes.

Hope your sale falls through you gloomy ****.

Oooh you're a cheery ******er. What did you serve in your restaurant, little monkey brains sprinkled with toddlers eyes.

Do you ever make a post where you don't swear?

Guest Parry aka GOD

No one I know has had this swine flu or knows anyone who has.

The Serious Guys are back in charge of the trading desks.

The (bullish) Juniors are being put back in their places

I don't know many Serious Guys who take 6 weeks off, do you?

I guess the Serious Guys were on holiday 2004 to mid 2008 then?

Most of the serious guys retired from Banking circa 2001. Welcome to another episode of the Muppet Show. ;)

No one I know has had this swine flu or knows anyone who has.

A guy in my office is off with flu like symptoms. He's guessing swine flu, and is going to the docs today apparently but was suffering from around Friday/Sat. His mother thinks she may have had it before him but its not confirmed. I'm just hoping he doesn't rush back into our office!!

All digits crossed for you. Hideously nerve-wracking business.

Taleb should cash in with "Black Swan Day" - an annual event where people "didn't see it coming", so we can all send each other Black Swan cards and Black Swan presents (the sort that when you unwrap them a boxing glove springs out to hit you in the face).

To be as oxymoronic as possible make sure its a fixed date in the calendar. 9/11?

Edited by Dave Spart

A guy in my office is off with flu like symptoms. He's guessing swine flu, and is going to the docs today apparently but was suffering from around Friday/Sat. His mother thinks she may have had it before him but its not confirmed. I'm just hoping he doesn't rush back into our office!!

Congrats to him for being a complete moron by correctly staying off work but then deciding to head into a full waiting room of adults and children at a doctors surgery.

What does he actually think they are going to do for him anyway? Clear it all up using their magical "doctors touch"?

I know loads of people that have had it, basically what happens is you get a bit sick, then you get better. However for people with medical complications it can be serious, hence why going to a doctors surgery full of other people that probably do have medical complications is a really stupid idea.

I know you're not the guy though so my rant is probably a little extreme, sorry :)

Congrats to him for being a complete moron by correctly staying off work but then deciding to head into a full waiting room of adults and children at a doctors surgery.

What does he actually think they are going to do for him anyway? Clear it all up using their magical "doctors touch"?

I know loads of people that have had it, basically what happens is you get a bit sick, then you get better. However for people with medical complications it can be serious, hence why going to a doctors surgery full of other people that probably do have medical complications is a really stupid idea.

I know you're not the guy though so my rant is probably a little extreme, sorry :)

Thats exactly what I thought too to be honest, well not him being a moron but it being silly. I've just been told he was going to see the doc, so I can't confirm if he actually went or the doc came out but this is NI and sometimes things are done backwards!

Edited by squire

I don't share your sentiment Mr.F but that post made me guffaw !

Guest Parry aka GOD

Been rough myself yesterday evening and today. May have picked something up in NY but more likely the clap.