House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foaf

8 People Viewing A Property At Once

Maybe this is more comon than I think, but today I went to see a 2 bed flat in South London (£250k). Located nearest Clapham North Tube, but with an SW2 (Brixton) post code. On the market for a week and no internal photo's online.

I get there 5 mins early to see a girl waiting outside, i doubt she's the EA as I spoke to the gentleman earlier. She asks if I am the EA, but reply that we are obviously waiting for the same guy. Two minutes later and another girl comes along, followed swiftly by a fourth obviously viewing the same place. Then I notice some girls in a car, and a couple pull up followed by a gent on a bike.

Anyway, so this place isn't massive, but we all bundle into the communial entrance, waiting for the EA to open the door and the key doesn't work. So we trundle out, only to find it was stiff and he got it open, so all head back in. As I said it was a squeeze in there with all 8 sets of people.

Maybe this is normal for some EA's, but at times to me it was farsical. But it's scary how many people were in the market for this property at this budget.

Edited by foaf

Maybe this is more comon than I think, but today I went to see a 2 bed flat in South London (�250k). Located nearest Clapham North Tube, but with an SW2 (Brixton) post code. On the market for a week and no internal photo's online.

I get there 5 mins early to see a girl waiting outside, i doubt she's the EA as I spoke to the gentleman earlier. She asks if I am the EA, but reply that we are obviously waiting for the same guy. Two minutes later and another girl comes along, followed swiftly by a fourth obviously viewing the same place. Then I notice some girls in a car, and a couple pull up followed by a gent on a bike.

Anyway, so this place isn't massive, but we all bundle into the communial entrance, waiting for the EA to open the door and the key doesn't work. So we trundle out, only to find it was stiff and he got it open, so all head back in. As I said it was a squeeze in there with all 8 sets of people.

Maybe this is normal for some EA's, but at times to me it was farsical. But it's scary how many people were in the market for this property at this budget.

Oldest trick in the book :lol:

Arrange for potential buyers to view at same time - makes it look like property is "in hot demand'.

And I'll bet some of them were the EA's mates :P

I bet none was EA's mate.

I went to look at a house yesterday, agent had arranged block viewings.

Must... fight... the urge... to sell to rent....

Mrs Neverland would kill me though... <_<

I bet none was EA's mate.

I went to look at a house yesterday, agent had arranged block viewings.

OK, maybe not mates :P

I think that whilst this may be to suit agent's schedule it is also a well known trick used to make buyers feel pressured to make offers.

It's exactly what my agent did when I sold my house - have viewers overlapping - and this was at the PEAK of the bubble - so I've no doubt at all they're doing everything possible to try to create a sense of urgency in a s*it market......