House Price Crash Forum

Badly Behaved Little Shits Gain Right To Jump The Queue

CrashedOutAndBurned

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8232633.stm

llowing children with attention-deficit disorders to "queue jump" at theme parks could be doing them more harm than good, one expert suggests.

Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are given passes in most theme parks if they can prove they have the condition.

This may reduce the stress of waiting, which they find very difficult.

But Professor Katya Rubia, of London's Institute of Psychiatry, said it was important they learned to do so.

What little kid can stand is a boring queue for some one-minute thrill at a money-grabbing theme park? It's NORMAL to be so bored your head feels like it's going to explode - live with it.

The mass medicalisation of the everyday with these US-import childhood syndromes is getting ridiculous.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I don't think it's the additives in the food. It's the toys. Every single toy for children is bright multi coloured and makes a loud noise or plays music and flashes lights when they hit it. Supposed to be good for their development :blink:

HOLA445
I don't think it's the additives in the food. It's the toys. Every single toy for children is bright multi coloured and makes a loud noise or plays music and flashes lights when they hit it. Supposed to be good for their development :blink:

Yup. The attention span of my nephews is dreadful, nieces not so bad. I worry what the effect will be long term.

Maybe that's where the chavs have come from. If you have been used to constant external stimulus from an early age you will be loud, unstable and have little or no inner self.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Yup. The attention span of my nephews is dreadful, nieces not so bad. I worry what the effect will be long term.

Maybe that's where the chavs have come from. If you have been used to constant external stimulus from an early age you will be loud, unstable and have little or no inner self.

I really think so, my son (9 months) keeps getting presents like that and i just think what the hell is he learning? If he was on that all the time he'd be in a world something like the inside of a Las Vegas slot machine. He's actually much more interested in everyday objects, especially ones he sees me with. He will spend hours turning normally coloured noiseless things over in his hands staring at them but the noisy colourful things he goes mad bashing them and screaming, which is the desired result apparently :blink:

I can't wait to get him on the Duplo then the Lego, then the Mechano which i'm glad to see they still make.

HOLA448
Here's a fat little ******er that jumped the queue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTf7rPIuY8

Somehow i ended up here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1MkfOw6ysI

Read the comments

"I wanted to see death, or alteast a some suffering! Faggot."

or

"why do people not write what it is cos thts not a ******ing tragety sort ya ******ing heads out it annoys me ******ing **** heads# "

Because the title was Roller Coaster Tragedy but no one obviously died :blink:

8 MILLION views, of probably mostly teenagers who wanted to spend another 30 seconds watching someone be decapitated

ADHD?

HOLA449
I really think so, my son (9 months) keeps getting presents like that and i just think what the hell is he learning? If he was on that all the time he'd be in a world something like the inside of a Las Vegas slot machine. He's actually much more interested in everyday objects, especially ones he sees me with. He will spend hours turning normally coloured noiseless things over in his hands staring at them but the noisy colourful things he goes mad bashing them and screaming, which is the desired result apparently :blink:

I can't wait to get him on the Duplo then the Lego, then the Mechano which i'm glad to see they still make.

Good luck. Going to school has brought a big improvement in one who I was getting worried about. They ought to go earlier.

HOLA4410

Ah, for once, a subject I can comment from insight.

This started with Disney a few years ago decided to let dissabled people to queue jump and their family, which is fair enough.

But what happend was people started to turn up claiming they were deaf, or buying crutches hobbling up to the rides then running off to the next one etc and it got out of hand.

Its seems for some its human nature to take the plss out of an oportunity offered to others for good reason and then abuse it for selfish reasons.

Six flags is a theme park chain and you can buy a VIP pass which lets you go up the exit and get on reserved seats on each ride. So we got on and all these people who were waiting (for over an hour) were at it

- "hey how come you can get on like that?"

I said its a VIP pass you can buy

How much are they?

$100 each for 4 hours

Hoooolly shlt!

We got 29 rides in, in a morning, in a park with queues of well over an hour long............worth every penny :)

HOLA4411
This started with Disney a few years ago decided to let dissabled people to queue jump and their family, which is fair enough.

Can't see why it is fair enough, not wanting to start an argument about how I'm an unfeeling ******* but all disabled people have ever campaigned for is equal rights, putting in dropped pavements and access ramps is fair enough, I can get up the steps to the library and it is only fair that somebody in a wheel chair should be able to as well.

But how does their disability excluded them for waiting in a queue? All they want is to be treated fairly and have the same opportunities as the rest of society, standing in lines and all.

HOLA4412

But what happend was people started to turn up claiming they were deaf, or buying crutches hobbling up to the rides then running off to the next one etc and it got out of hand.

Or claiming that they their kiddies have special needs because they're dyslexic when actually their kids are just slow learners, or have ADHD when kiddies are just impatient and tantrum-prone.

There is now a veritable gamut of 'medical conditions' complete with quack remedies from leading pharmaceutical companies. The list is endless.

Sensitive teeth? You have cavities. Stop eating so many choccy biccies.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Your gut is backed up - don't eat BigMacs and cherry coke every day.

Bipolar disorder? Nope you're just being a moody cow.

HOLA4413
Or claiming that they their kiddies have special needs because they're dyslexic when actually their kids are just slow learners, or have ADHD when kiddies are just impatient and tantrum-prone.

There is now a veritable gamut of 'medical conditions' complete with quack remedies from leading pharmaceutical companies. The list is endless.

Sensitive teeth? You have cavities. Stop eating so many choccy biccies.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Your gut is backed up - don't eat BigMacs and cherry coke every day.

Bipolar disorder? Nope you're just being a moody cow.

AIDS? You're just tired and not getting enough sleep.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury

It's a made up disease. Made up by the drug companies to flog drugs. Along with 'female sexual disorder' - which is otherwise known as a 'headache'

HOLA4416
Guest X-QUORK
It's a made up disease. Made up by the drug companies to flog drugs. Along with 'female sexual disorder' - which is otherwise known as a 'headache'

AIDS? :huh:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Ah, for once, a subject I can comment from insight.

Its seems for some its human nature to take the plss out of an oportunity offered to others for good reason and then abuse it for selfish reasons.

Six flags is a theme park chain and you can buy a VIP pass which lets you go up the exit and get on reserved seats on each ride. So we got on and all these people who were waiting (for over an hour) were at it

- "hey how come you can get on like that?"

I said its a VIP pass you can buy

How much are they?

$100 each for 4 hours

Hoooolly shlt!

We got 29 rides in, in a morning, in a park with queues of well over an hour long............worth every penny :)

Sounds like a perfect simile for the NHS. Buy private medical insurance, jump the queue but use essentially the same facilities and personnel :rolleyes:

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK
I'm not going there.

Don't die of ignorance, die of AIDS.

Confusing answer TBF. Was your earlier comment about a made up disease a reference to ADHD or AIDS?

HOLA4422
Guest theboltonfury
Confusing answer TBF. Was your earlier comment about a made up disease a reference to ADHD or AIDS?

ADH (Attention defecit)

I am not one of the AIDS deniers. Getting drawn in on that topic is not a place a wish to go again.

HOLA4423

I always think autism is a scam, it's just labelling a human condition.

Everybody used to be on the range of introvert to extrovert. Now introverts are labellled autistic. When IMHO it's all just a question of degree. Everybody exhibits some autistic behaviour. I am tapping away at a keyboard now, some people play computer games for hours a day, others like sitting in university libraries alll week. We are all autistic to a degree, that's life.

HOLA4424

Good God, the horror of having to do something you don't want to in order to get something you do want! What a horrendous thing to do to poor innocent children! I think certain kids are in for a hell of a shock when they discover that working for a living involves almost exactly that. Having said that, there are a few of my generation who had the same rude discovery when they left university.

On theme parks, though there are plenty of perfectly valid ways of cutting down your queuing if you look in to them. Stuff like early access, single rider queues and parent queue sharing and really cut down on the waiting, even without paying the extra for FastTrack tickets. Despite it's unpleasantly money-grabbing nature, Alton towers is pretty good for this stuff.

Though one piece of advice: If you really like theme parks, take a look at Europa Park in Rust, Germany. Family run theme park, it's like Disney Land but without the soulless corporate feel to it. A wonderland run with German efficency, and they don't gouge you on the food and concession stands (which actually had some variety to them). I made the mistake of visiting on a bank holiday, and it was still a more pleasant experienc than any other theme park I'd been to. Oh, and it's bloody massive. :)

HOLA4425
Guest X-QUORK
ADH (Attention defecit)

I am not one of the AIDS deniers. Getting drawn in on that topic is not a place a wish to go again.

Thanks for clarifying.

Archived