House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mick Dundee

Citibank, Egg Money & Virgin

Egg Money hasnt been part of Citibank for very long, but a little birdy told me that there have been some initial talks between Citibank & Virgin Money regarding a possible takeover of Egg Money.

Richard Branson has been unlucky in recent years with an attempt on Northern Rock, then he had the fall out with Rupert Murdock over Sky Channels and the rising cost in porting them to Virgin Media.

Now he has decided he may show an interest in aquiring Egg Money for the right price.

This is not set in stone, but lets keep an eye on this one

Egg Money hasnt been part of Citibank for very long, but a little birdy told me that there have been some initial talks between Citibank & Virgin Money regarding a possible takeover of Egg Money.

Richard Branson has been unlucky in recent years with an attempt on Northern Rock, then he had the fall out with Rupert Murdock over Sky Channels and the rising cost in porting them to Virgin Media.

Now he has decided he may show an interest in aquiring Egg Money for the right price.

Egg is part of Citi Holdings, i.e it is being readied for sale (should anyone want to buy it) but at the moment Citi still own it.

I believe Citi are trying to sell off all their western European banking operations, so this would make sense.

I believe Citi are trying to sell off all their western European banking operations, so this would make sense.

Some of them I believe. They have split the companies they want to sell out in to Citi holdings.