House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnny Storm

Today Is The First Day Of Me Not Having A Tv License!

And it feels good! During August I did an experiment by not watching any broadcast tv to see if missed it. It was easy.

One day I put sky news on. Some American I didnt care about had died, some bomb had gone off in a country of cavemen I dont care about. Turned off in under 5 mins.

So yesterday I unplugged the recorder, took the aerial lead out of the tv. Its brilliant. You should all try it.

Now what do I spend the £142.50 on that Ive saved that will actually entertain me........

And it feels good! During August I did an experiment by not watching any broadcast tv to see if missed it. It was easy.

One day I put sky news on. Some American I didnt care about had died, some bomb had gone off in a country of cavemen I dont care about. Turned off in under 5 mins.

So yesterday I unplugged the recorder, took the aerial lead out of the tv. Its brilliant. You should all try it.

Now what do I spend the £142.50 on that Ive saved that will actually entertain me........

First - well done Johnny.

Now start building your own ideal TV channel with the money saved.

All of Dad's Army for £40 for example. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dads-Army-Complete...D/dp/B000VA3J7K

First - well done Johnny.

Now start building your own ideal TV channel with the money saved.

All of Dad's Army for £40 for example. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dads-Army-Complete...D/dp/B000VA3J7K

I haven't looked back since I gave up the TV. I don't get angry anymore with the witless politicking and dumbing down on BBC (I get angry with it here instead :( ).

There's some great deals on box sets at Amazon, Play or even HMV. Anything by HBO is excellent.

And books (remember them, Britain?) are good too. As is wasting your time on internet forums.

I believe that cocaine and hookers are the usual recommendation round here when looking for suggestions as to what to do with money one has decided to divert away from the clutches of the state.

A woman, late for work, was rushing around her home grabbing handbag, sandwiches etc, when the doorbell rang.

'Television license detector van, madam" said the official at the door. "May I see your tv license, please?"

The woman could see the detector van behind him, at the kerb.

"Listen", she said, "I'm late for work again and the boss has already cautioned me about timekeeping. I can't spare a second. Come back at lunchtime when the old man's home. Tell him the license is behind the teabag tin in the kitchen"

She pushed past the man, slammed the door, and ran to her car.

At lunchtime, her husband was making a sandwich when the doorbell rang. He went to the door.

"I dunno where the tv license is" he told the official.

"Sir, it's behind the tea bag tin in the kitchen...."

The man's knees buckled.

"F** k me!", he said "That's one hell of a detector van you've got out there..."

Why do people who have no TV insist on boreing everybody about it?

They are like vegans or people who drink their own plss.................they manage to shoehorn it into every f*ckin conversation they have.

WE DONT F*CKIN CARE!!!

They are like vegans or people who drink their own plss.................they manage to shoehorn it into every f*ckin conversation they have.

WE DONT F*CKIN CARE!!!

I dont care that you dont care. But thanks for wasting your time typing a response to a subject you dont care about. :lol:

Oh and btw, i have a 46" full HD TV. I dont watch broadcast TV. Theres a big difference.

I dont care that you dont care. But thanks for wasting your time typing a response to a subject you dont care about. :lol:

Oh and btw, i have a 46" full HD TV. I dont watch broadcast TV. Theres a big difference.

You say you dont care if I care and point out the fact I posted ....yet you replyed to me doing the exact same thing!!

And why are you bragging about the size and quality of your TV exactly?

You say you dont care if I care and point out the fact I posted ....yet you replyed to me doing the exact same thing!!

You sound quite stressed. I find my vegetarian diet help with stress, perhaps you should try it?

Because you wrongly assumed that I had no tv.

Which in actual fact I have a beast of a tv. If anyone is guilty of "manage to shoehorn it into every f*ckin conversation they have." It is you. This topic is not about having no tv, yet thats what you wrongly thought. :P

some bomb had gone off in a country of cavemen I dont care about.

Sounds like you're been exposed to too much TV already, so yes good call. Unplug yourself from the matrix and get real.

I shaved my beard off on Saturday....wife reckons that I look like a boiled egg....no nookie for a while then...

And you reckon that you have something to shout about having not paid for your TV license?

WE DONT F*CKIN CARE!!!

Coz he's in withdrawal?

There should be clinics and a 'licence unpaid-get over it' telephone help service set up ;)

Hallucinating about the 10pm news + missing local weather girl?

WE DONT F*CKIN CARE!!!

I think it's a good thing.

Never watch mine at all but the missus insists on plugging it back in for x-factor.

PS Do you know a lot of people that drink their own piss?

PPS And they keep telling you about it all the time?

PPPS With a shoehorn?! :ph34r:

Im trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" I have. So no DVD box sets or DVDs at all really. Maybe another 1.5 TB drive would be nice. <_<

Deem it the road tax for your car?

Or save it up for a holiday.