House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Sales Volume Incresing....

Just did my weekly update of NN + 10 miles search on Rightmnove.

After the peak and for the best part of the first part of last year there were always about 100 pages of properties in that search area on at £250K+

2 months ago that was as low as 60 pages and 100 pages of properies would go down to the £210K price level.

Given that prices have dropped significantly I'm now seeing 100 pages of properties about 230K, a clear indication of more sales volume.

I've seen a few increases in asking prices, mainly on deluded properties that have been stuck up for sale for months, BUT i've seen lots and lots and lots of drops this week.

But, But, but...prices are going up :lol:

I think the rush to sell may be gathering pace.........

Just did my weekly update of NN + 10 miles search on Rightmnove.

After the peak and for the best part of the first part of last year there were always about 100 pages of properties in that search area on at £250K+

2 months ago that was as low as 60 pages and 100 pages of properies would go down to the £210K price level.

Given that prices have dropped significantly I'm now seeing 100 pages of properties about 230K, a clear indication of more sales volume.

I've seen a few increases in asking prices, mainly on deluded properties that have been stuck up for sale for months, BUT i've seen lots and lots and lots of drops this week.

But, But, but...prices are going up :lol:

I think the rush to sell may be gathering pace.........

That's not sales volume. That's number of houses on the market at those asking prices.

Chalk isn't the same as cheese, you see...

HTH :rolleyes:

That's not sales volume. That's number of houses on the market at those asking prices.

Chalk isn't the same as cheese, you see...

HTH :rolleyes:

Even better then ;)

I liked the old version of rightmove... you could get the actual NO of property's within a range.

It is a pity that RM doesn't have a field for the Land Registry reference so that multiple agent listings could be easily identified.

p-o-p

Like KON I do a regular weekly RM count. I don't worry about houses being listed multiple times by different agents. It's all a sign of activity even if the number of adverts <> the number of houses for sale.

And anyway, there's always the developer problem: they have, say, 20 flats for sale and put in just one listing.

Forgive me for being a bell-piece but how do you view a properties "history" on Rightmove?

I can still see the same old jokers (1 bedroom "apartments" converted from a 4 bedroomed terrace, for the same price as an entire 3 bedroom terrace in the next street!) but I want to see if any have had the audacity to increase the asking price due to the new figures! (on a property that's been on the market for months, no doubt)

There are some decently priced houses down my way (the Vale of Glamorgan) but you can still see the morons who sliced up perfectly good semi's into flats, and are trying to sell them at peak prices.

. . . which has given up working properly quite recently and I'm wondering if it will ever be fixed. I miss it so much.

Still working properly for me, running PB 2.0.5.1. and Firefox 3.5.2.

Again for anyone who reads this site and doesn't have PB, then you are missing out on one of the best tools for tracking prices in your area, get it now!

I find it annoying that Rightmove doesn't have a 'No Chain' box to tick so that you can quickly and easily find these properties. You would have thought that the vendors too would want a quick sale and for potential buyers to be able to find their properties with ease rather than having to sift through the dross.

Go on, tell me there is such a facility on Rightmove and I've been missing it all this time!