House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ourkid

Nethouseprices.com

Once a house sale goes through, should I be able to see how much it went for via nethouseprices.com or can sellers ask for this information to be kept private?

it's a public record so no.but sometiems certian properties don't appear for what ever reason.you can always pay the three quid at the land reg.

However, even the land registry seems to be missing a lot of data.

I've found several entire new developments (flats and new houses on a new set of roads) which are completely absent from the land registry database, even a couple of years on. In this case, the only way to get the data is to order a manual search, which is charged at an hourly rate - and can be extremely expensive. (I've never wanted to find out badly enough, to committ to an unknown fee, which could easily rise into hundreds of £ depending on how incompetent they are).

Anyway, it's £4 for an online search now - inflation, innit?

it's a public record so no.but sometiems certian properties don't appear for what ever reason.you can always pay the three quid at the land reg.

You can also sometimes wait 3 months before the selling price goes on Land Reg or nethouseprices.com

Sign up with mouseprice for the free monthly email of sold prices in the postcodes you have chosen. Good service.

don't know how widespread the missing data is ,no surprise to me that builders somehow suppress new build price info.,

It seems abritrary, because a lot of new builds are on the LR. Auctioned properties (repos) don't go on there, do they?

Edited by juvenal