House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boomer!

I Need A Bit Of Nobage!

the mother in law managed to over switch the shower nob so Its come off, It was a round one but I wanted a square one anyway Im trying to find a square of plastic or metal that I can get chromed roughly 4 inches by 4 inches and half an inch deep but I cant find anything

Any ideas where I can get something like that?

Dunno where you could get one, but you could have a piece of ally made up in a machine shop. I have this done all the time in my business.

Not the cheapest though. I reckon it will set you back about 30-50 quid. You'll need to take them a sketch of exactly what you want, ie size of block, size of centre hole (thread and depth).

It's a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but it would work. It's also kind of enpowering to realise that you can have custom bits of metal made up for very little hassle.

Make sure you look for the bloke in the back garden shed, not one of the big companies, or it will cost a lot more.

the mother in law managed to over switch the shower nob so Its come off, It was a round one but I wanted a square one anyway Im trying to find a square of plastic or metal that I can get chromed roughly 4 inches by 4 inches and half an inch deep but I cant find anything

Any ideas where I can get something like that?

I thought you were the great pilot that could find the twin towers in a commercial jet without any training, just using the autopilot. Turns out you cant even find the shower section in B and Q from your house.

FAIL.

Dunno where you could get one, but you could have a piece of ally made up in a machine shop. I have this done all the time in my business.

Not the cheapest though. I reckon it will set you back about 30-50 quid. You'll need to take them a sketch of exactly what you want, ie size of block, size of centre hole (thread and depth).

It's a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but it would work. It's also kind of enpowering to realise that you can have custom bits of metal made up for very little hassle.

Make sure you look for the bloke in the back garden shed, not one of the big companies, or it will cost a lot more.

Nice one I didnt think of ally, I didnt think it could be chromed, but it apears it can. 30/50 quid is okay, (the shower head is £600) every thing else in the bathroom is sqaure themed but I needed a shower fast, so grabed a quick cheapy with the intention to upgrade when I could be @rsed :)