House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

We Just Lost Another 2 In Afgan

Possibly the stupidest post yet on HPC!

If its such an important war, why dont you sign up and get out there? I mean you think its got a moral case, you must want to contribute?

Or is it ok for other people do die, just not you?

Can somebody just remind me, why is the U.K. involved in the war and what do the armed forces need to achieve to declare it a win?

(This is a serious question. not a wind up)

If its such an important war, why dont you sign up and get out there? I mean you think its got a moral case, you must want to contribute?

Or is it ok for other people do die, just not you?

You've obviously never served as a ranker mate. If you think that any squaddie wants his section bolstered by some muppet who joined because he thought the present action had a good "moral case", you are deluded.

The two recent casualties were from my old (now amalgamated) regiment. The regiment will deal with it, and get on with the job. The vast majority of these guys aren't interested in your moral arguments.

If you want to make a difference, I suggest you send parcels to your local regiment when they are on operations. Just fill it with mars bars and silk cut!

Guest X-QUORK
When will the army grow some balls and just put their guns down and walk away?

The bitter words of somebody who couldn't get in.

Guest KingCharles1st
Can somebody just remind me, why is the U.K. involved in the war and what do the armed forces need to achieve to declare it a win?

If only someone could tell us....

Do you not remember that only 2 years ago everyone was asking why we were in Iraq and not Afghanistan?

Now we're in Afghanistan, everyone is asking why we're there.

Very bizarre.

With regards to 'what do the armed forces need to achieve', the answer is a stable country. If you want to know why, then I refer you to the above: "Do you not remember that only 2 years ago everyone was asking why we were in Iraq and not Afghanistan? "

Do you not remember that only 2 years ago everyone was asking why we were in Iraq and not Afghanistan?

Now we're in Afghanistan, everyone is asking why we're there.

Very bizarre.

With regards to 'what do the armed forces need to achieve', the answer is a stable country. If you want to know why, then I refer you to the above: "Do you not remember that only 2 years ago everyone was asking why we were in Iraq and not Afghanistan? "

No I don't remember that.

I remember everyone asking why we were occupying either country. Britain can't justify it or afford it. Our continued occupation of these countries provides the recruitment propoganda for various terror groups around the world and right at home in Britain.

Despite the bravery of the Armed Forces the British have cut and run from Iraq. They will cut and run from Afghanistan too, just like every invading army that has ever been foolish enough to march into those mountains has done before. The British have been stupid enough to do it four times now! This is a government of imbeciles. The British people, and British servicemen and servicewomen in particular, deserve much better. As for the current British commander saying that the UK will be committed to Afghanistan for the next 30 or 40 years - did he think to ask the Afghans first before he made this announcement? Nope, I didn't think so.

To think that our strategists believe they can subdue the Hindu Kush for more than a generation in order to implement a stable democracy. :lol: It's tragic :angry: .

War will end when the sheeple stop believing the puppet government spin that they are glorious and necessary.

All it takes, right now, is for everyone to put down their guns and go home, and we get peace on earth.

The mercenaries that sign up to fight for the psychopathic leaders are just as much of a problem as the bankers who pay roll this shit.

All it takes, right now, is for everyone to put down their guns and go home, and we get peace on earth.

Glad that's sorted then. When can we start to hold hands while singing Kumbaya and John Lennon's Imagine?

No I don't remember that.

I find that difficult to believe. Let me refresh your goldfish-like selective memory. 2 years ago everyone was questioning why we were in Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11 and why we weren't in Afghanistan, where Bin Laden and his cronies planned the 9/11 attack (and other attacks such as the July 7 bombings in London) and where Bin Laden was purported to be.

One of the main reasons why Obama won the US Presidential Election was that he promised to redeploy trrops from Iraq to Afghanistan where the terrorists originated.

There. Do you remember now or is it all still a blur?

I find that difficult to believe. Let me refresh your goldfish-like selective memory. 2 years ago everyone was questioning why we were in Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9/11 and why we weren't in Afghanistan, where Bin Laden and his cronies planned the 9/11 attack (and other attacks such as the July 7 bombings in London) and where Bin Laden was purported to be.

One of the main reasons why Obama won the US Presidential Election was that he promised to redeploy trrops from Iraq to Afghanistan where the terrorists originated.

The only ways military action should be undertaken in Afghanistan are:

1) From 40,000 feet

2) By proxy from by backing competing ethnic groups and warlords

3) By rapid incursions followed by equally rapid withdrawl

Under no circumstances should military action take the form of an attempted occupation. EVERY army that has ever attempted to occupy Afghanistan has eventually been chased out of the country.

The only ways military action should be undertaken in Afghanistan are:

1) From 40,000 feet

2) By proxy from by backing competing ethnic groups and warlords

3) By rapid incursions followed by equally rapid withdrawl

Under no circumstances should military action take the form of an attempted occupation. EVERY army that has ever attempted to occupy Afghanistan has eventually been chased out of the country.

I agree with you though should point out that just because it's happened in the limited times it's been tried in the past, doesn't necessarily mean it will continue happening from now until the end of time.

"Everyone" I knew was not. The BBC and the owned media maybe suggested everyone was thinking this way, but this was not reflected in the general population from my experience.

See:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/2198

46% said they supported the British mission in Afghanistan, with 47% opposed. A similar ICM poll for the BBC in March 2008 showed 40% support, a poll in September 2006 only 31% support.

So please drop it with the petty attacks, they do nothing to support your paper-thin argument.

If anything people are getting a little more thirsty for Afghan blood, as support is increasing according to the poll - possibly because of the withdrawal from Iraq.

Thankfully many people see sense:

ICM’s poll also found 42% saying that Britain should pull out of Afghanistan now, and 14% wanting Britain out by the end of this year. 36% said British troops should stay in Afghanistan for as long as needed.

Its my understanding that the July 7th attacks were entirely home grown in Britain and were a response to the invasion of Iraq. "Al Qaeda" claimed responsiblity for the attacks and endorsed them after, but investigation found the attackers acted completely independently.

Clearly the deliberately confused message from the main stream media worked on you, the attack was associated with international terrorists, bin laden etc. rather than Britain's "war on terror". A similar tactic was used in the US after 9/11 to subtly justify the invasion of Iraq by associating Saddam Hussein with Al Qaeda.

Your knowledge of these subjects seems to be the product of The Sun & BBC news - sadly I think many people in the UK are the same.

Tried that already. No one knows http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=122902

But you know, they're heros, died for their country. Would be unpatriotic to question the cause now that people have died.

Tried that already. No one knows http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=122902

But you know, they're heros, died for their country. Would be unpatriotic to question the cause now that people have died.

I get the feeling this is whats being used by the Government at the moment.

Questioning the war is dishonoring the dead, I suspect theres a lot of self-censorship when responding to polls because of this.

Soliders do not sign up to serve their country, they sign up to serve their political masters. Iraq, Afghanistan are all New Labour money making schemes with companies like BP, Royal Dutch Shell, BAE systems and many many more all lining up to make a huge profit, and of course invite the likes of Brown and Bliar to their boards as a token of appreciation for the deaths of thousands of civilians and servicemen without whom their path to riches could never have been acheived.

Get with the programme, take a look at Lockerbie fiasco with Blair agreeing to hand over a mass murderer in return for cash via BP, and then take a look at who create Bin Laden, who bankrolled him and his army, and the reasons behind it.

The UK and the US sponsors Terrorism when it suits them, and then expects UK servicemen to lay down their lives when it backfires on them.

New Labour are evil filth that should not only be removed from office, but removed from our shores. New Labour are responsible for the deaths of literally hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, women and children, and servicemen....................all for one reason....................so they can line their pockets with cash.

Anyone who voted for Labour over the past decade can consider themselves also responsible for the demise of humanity, the lowering of the value of human life, and the debasing of society over the past decade. I hope you can look your grandchildren in the eye and explain exactly why you went to a polling booth and voted for the evil party of dictators and the architects of war crimes not seen on such a scale since the Holocuast.

"Everyone" I knew was not. The BBC and the owned media maybe suggested everyone was thinking this way, but this was not reflected in the general population from my experience.

See:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/2198

So please drop it with the petty attacks, they do nothing to support your paper-thin argument.

If anything people are getting a little more thirsty for Afghan blood, as support is increasing according to the poll - possibly because of the withdrawal from Iraq.

Thankfully many people see sense:

Its my understanding that the July 7th attacks were entirely home grown in Britain and were a response to the invasion of Iraq. "Al Qaeda" claimed responsiblity for the attacks and endorsed them after, but investigation found the attackers acted completely independently.

Clearly the deliberately confused message from the main stream media worked on you, the attack was associated with international terrorists, bin laden etc. rather than Britain's "war on terror". A similar tactic was used in the US after 9/11 to subtly justify the invasion of Iraq by associating Saddam Hussein with Al Qaeda.

Your knowledge of these subjects seems to be the product of The Sun & BBC news - sadly I think many people in the UK are the same.

Did the July 7 bombers attend terrorist training camps in Afghanistan?

By the way, there was nothing 'subtle' about the way they justified the invasion of Iraq by associating Saddam Hussein with Al Qaeda. It was as 'subtle' as a rutting rhinoceros in a fine bone china shop.