House Price Crash Forum

"rents Rising As Landlords Sell Up"

HOLA441

Relatively sedate article, may or may not be correct, figures quoted may or may not be correct and may or may not be based on something statistically significant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8226299.stm

But then the finish:

Tenants who might be looking to get onto the housing ladder as first-time buyers are still struggling to get a mortgage if they are unable to put down a relatively large deposit.

"You probably need to be looking to 25% to 40% deposits now, which is a lot higher than we used to see," said Mark Baker, head of research at LSL Property Services.

"That really is the key to the whole housing market, and economic recovery, as we need to see the banks loosening the purse strings and allowing us some access to some of that government cash that they are all awash with."

Amazing.

What colour is the sky in his planet? Sort of rosy?

Edited by mikeymadman

HOLA442
This is a massive kick up the goolies for the HPC supporters.

Headlines like this must make you squirm.

You needed bad news and plenty of it. :lol:

Sellers will see this headline and know their property is worth more instantly.

Yes, but what if the banks don't release these vast oceans of cash that are swimming around? :lol:

HOLA443

I Have been studying the local rental market in Edinburgh for the last few months, whilst there is not the same volume in terms of availability, prices have remained stagnent.

As supply diminishes prices may rise who knows headlines like this do nor help though IMO.

HOLA444

Neither supply nor prices have changed in my area; the only thing that is different is that all the student properties are up for let, and a lot of these are 5 or 6 room houses.

I think a 12 month comparison would have been more accurate than a 6 month comparison, though even so; £4pm is hardly statistically significant given the vagueness of the way it was measured.

HOLA445
This is a massive kick up the goolies for the HPC supporters.

Headlines like this must make you squirm.

You needed bad news and plenty of it. :lol:

You still hanging about Sibley?

How much less is your property worth today versus August 2007 then?

How much less does the pound in your pocket buy today at the shops?

HOLA446
HOLA447
The property I'd like to sell was valued at £195,000 in 2007. To be honest at the time I was shocked as I thought it would be around £175,000.

I think my £ is buying a lot at the moment. The TV I wanted that was over a grand this time last year is £475 today in Richer Sounds.

are you 5 years old? electronics have been going down in price since the 1960s, but it would all be new for a 5 year old.

Ill make allowances.

HOLA448
The property I'd like to sell was valued at £195,000 in 2007. To be honest at the time I was shocked as I thought it would be around £175,000.

I think my £ is buying a lot at the moment. The TV I wanted that was over a grand this time last year is £475 today in Richer Sounds.

Sibley, wouldn't want to invite you to come dine with me...maybe I would just for the entertainment value. :P;)

HOLA449

I remember seeing Richer Sounds ads when I was a kid reading Viz. They were always next to the joke inflatable sheep adverts and I never realised they were a real company until I saw their branch in Holborn.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Look, I'll be first to admit I'm not some upper class twit like most on here pretend to be.

Maybe I am a bit rough around the edges but I work for a living and I speak about what I actually see. Not about what I want to see that never happens.

At the end of the day I've been on here ages saying houses prices won't crash. They haven't and they are going up from a slight fall of around 10%. That's reality not 90% drops like some on here have been harping on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1auRCameVY :P

HOLA4412
Look, I'll be first to admit I'm not some upper class twit like most on here pretend to be.

Maybe I am a bit rough around the edges but I work for a living and I speak about what I actually see. Not about what I want to see that never happens.

At the end of the day I've been on here ages saying houses prices won't crash. They haven't and they are going up from a slight fall of around 10%. That's reality not 90% drops like some on here have been harping on about.

Fair enough.

I think that's about right (in your part of the world), maybe a slight underestimate of the drop, but not unreasonable.

For now.

QE and the borrowing binge are putting off the day of judgement.

What do you think will happen when we start to pay off the debts(assuming we do)?

If you think we'll just print money to pay off the debts, what do you think the consequences of that will be?

HOLA4413

I Do not know where you reside however if it is Scotland you are 12% down from peak bubble prices right now so 23 thousand pounds you have lost because of the crash on your 195 valued house in 07.

HOLA4414
I Do not know where you reside however if it is Scotland you are 12% down from peak bubble prices right now so 23 thousand pounds you have lost because of the crash on your 195 valued house in 07.

Sibley is Kentish lad. A Maidstone man

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Give it a decade sonny, & then compare your house selling price with the cost of food & fuel.

HOLA4418
Sibley is Kentish lad. A Maidstone man

I Am not sure what the extent of the crash was in that area, in Edinburgh it peaked at 19% but the recent gains over the last 4 months have eaten into the loss, and we are now 12% down from peak all be it in a rising market.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstori...rise.5593048.jp

Does anyone know the what the crash percentage was in his area before the dead cat bounce.

HOLA4419

Your comment made me wonder how my ex landlord was getting on. In March something of a similar rush of blood to their head made them realise their property was worth more, and they tried to get a 12% increase in rent off me. Sadly they were wrong, their property wasn't worth more and I moved to a nicer and cheaper place.

The answer is that in three days time they will be celebrating an incredible 6 month void, despite a month ago cutting the rent they are looking for back down to what I was paying.

HOLA4420
Relatively sedate article, may or may not be correct, figures quoted may or may not be correct and may or may not be based on something statistically significant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8226299.stm

But then the finish:

Amazing.

What colour is the sky in his planet? Sort of rosy?

im a bit confoosed here. i thought that the supply of properties was tight, hence the rise in prices recently. which is it? they can't have it both ways!

HOLA4421
Guest pioneer31

You bought in 2007??

You dozy f**k :lol::lol: