House Price Crash Forum
Mikhail Liebenstein

Is Anyone Watching Sky News

Why the "Essex factor?" Do Bloo Loo and myself need to move to avoid raving mob of chav/zombies? :lol:

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

Could we have some detail please, rather than this too-cool-for-words reporting? I know it's the thing nowadays, flash a picture up as an obscure reference to an 80's classic movie, but I prefer a headline, a brief summary or abstract and then the meat.

That way, we can all learn something :D

There's nothing wrong with Essex. It is immune to a HPC. I keep getting told so by folk called Jo or Joe, on www.thisismoney.co.uk

Could we have some detail please, rather than this too-cool-for-words reporting? I know it's the thing nowadays, flash a picture up as an obscure reference to an 80's classic movie, but I prefer a headline, a brief summary or abstract and then the meat.

That way, we can all learn something :D

Yes, get it posted!!!

There's nothing wrong with Essex. It is immune to a HPC. I keep getting told so by folk called Jo or Joe, on www.thisismoney.co.uk

There are certain areas close to Hertfordshire which are not being affected.

I was doing some sums the other day. We are currently averaging around 6 Billion in retail deposits per quarter from UK citizens.

We have approximately only 700 billion left before we lose all ability to pay back the debt as a result of interest charges, and that is calculated at a conservative 4% of interest. Once this barrier is crossed, we will either start to have to sell assets to cover liabilities (assets that are currently overinflated) or default on the debt. The only real way presently to avoid default would be to maintain this low level of retail spending for practically a generation whilst our debt is paid back. Nice.

Bit strange i thought.

Liked the white van man in his hi-vis. What does the voice of the common man have to say? "yeah everyone's hurting, you know, like we're all feeling it, you know it's effecting everyone, like no one isn't effected, you know, like it's hurting everyone......" LIKE WHAT IS!!!! FFS

Not too keen on the presenter claiming immigration was the single reason the government will have to put taxes up and cut spending. :blink: After he was talking about pensions then went onto immigration i thought he was going to fess up and admit that immigrants will be paying our pensions in years to come but sadly they're all leaving.

He still didn't make it clear enough that house prices to earnings ratio isn't the whole story. To get back to 2007 house prices we would have to have the same earnings as then, so ok maybe wages will be back up by 2014, big maybe, but then it would still need to be PLUS ridiculous uncontrolled lending. Doesn't seem likely.

Southend????

Not exactly the hub is it? :lol:

You couldn't park in Lakeside today. Bumpers sales coming I think.

There is no recession in Essex. People have been moaning like this for years anyway. Funny how they pay the mortgage each month. Funny how the carparks are full of new cars.

Lots of new cars are a sign that everything is all right? Or that everyone is maxed out with credit. All parked up at lakeside? So it seems they haven't learned yet.

Essex is going to be hit hard. Many toxic wives behind the wheels of their Range Rover sports. They won't like the come down very much.

Lakeside is going to be the biggest pound shop in the land soon.

Note that he said:

Average house price at peak in May[?] 2008 got to £200k [as near as dam it]

AND SO - he said - i.e. 8 x average salary;

i.e. average salary = £25k pa;

This is AT LEAST somewhere nearer the truth...

The LYING, LOATHESOME, SON-OF-A-BOTCH, F*CKWIT, THIEVING, FRAUDULENT, BIGGEST C*NTS OF ALL HISTORY CML ["Council of Mortgage Lenders, aka Council of Mortgage LIARS] would have it that the "average" multiples are 4 x salary - i.e. the "average" salary is "£50k pa".....

So I like Jeff Randall for just THAT piece of honesty......