House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chuck677

Government To Put Us Deeper Into The Mire?

Article

Reading this piece it is interesting to see the government re-introducing 17.5 VAT and re-introducing stamp duty. I can only see this having a negative affect on the economy and the housing market.

Also returning on January 1 will be the imposition of stamp duty on houses costing between £125,000 and £175,000, which had been suspended to jump-start the property market.
Edited by chuck677

Article

Reading this piece it is interesting to see the government re-introducing 17.5 VAT and re-introducing stamp duty. I can only see this having a negative affect on the economy and the housing market.

Not really re-introduction just the ending of the delay - I imagine it makes less of a headline now than it would of had it been implemented at the time.

Final nails in the Labour Government coffin and the Tories sweep in and can keep things the way they are if they want (they dont have much choice with the debt Labour have built up for us all).

Must fill the car up later

I failed to add labour is very good at raising taxes in a previous topic VAT will soon be 20 to 25% in my view

Regarding stamp duty this will possibly be scrapped for a PPT and a PST and a PGT

PPT is property purchase tax

PST is property sales tax

PGT is property gains tax

I have just made these things up I assume the government will too

I failed to add labour is very good at raising taxes in a previous topic VAT will soon be 20 to 25% in my view

Regarding stamp duty this will possibly be scrapped for a PPT and a PST and a PGT

PPT is property purchase tax

PST is property sales tax

PGT is property gains tax

I have just made these things up I assume the government will too

You left out how they would leave loopholes for themselves to exploit and get away without paying.

Is the stamp duty a bad thing though? We need FTBs back in the market and are FTBs looking at property above 125k?

You left out how they would leave loopholes for themselves to exploit and get away without paying.

Is the stamp duty a bad thing though? We need FTBs back in the market and are FTBs looking at property above 125k?

I think the issue is that it is discouraging movement in the market. If is doesn't affect FTBs it will affect second time buyers which will have a knock on affect.