House Price Crash Forum

Slugs

Garry AKA Pod

HOLA441
They are after food. There is merely a conflict of interests. :(

But it is my food they are after. I've tried reasoning with them, to no avail. I posted a warning. Ignored.

I have frogs and a hedgehog in the garden. Did they take the hint? No.

I am currently training a hornet, to fly by night and strike from the darkness.

images.jpg

There will be no quarter given.

They are doomed.

post-12677-1251753509_thumb.jpg

HOLA442
Guest absolutezero
Think of slugs as homeless snails.

I'm not clicking that!

I don't need to. I'm scared shitless of centipedes as it is. :ph34r:

HOLA443
HOLA444
How did it make you feel?

Sorry for the mouse made to suffer unnecessarily and therefore slightly angry at the filmers. Don't know why they couldn't have fed it a dead one. Well actually I do - the whole thing was clearly contrived for YouTube. There's a second one where the mouse is a bit quicker and difficult for the centipede to catch so they keep pushing it towards the centipede until it eventually catches it. Nasty really.

I did have a brief flash of what it might be like to be trapped and slowly nibbled to death by a giant bug but then I remembered that thanks to their lack of lungs limiting their size it would hopefully never happen :unsure:

HOLA445
Guest AuntJess
Sorry for the mouse made to suffer unnecessarily and therefore slightly angry at the filmers. Don't know why they couldn't have fed it a dead one. Well actually I do - the whole thing was clearly contrived for YouTube. There's a second one where the mouse is a bit quicker and difficult for the centipede to catch so they keep pushing it towards the centipede until it eventually catches it. Nasty really.

I did have a brief flash of what it might be like to be trapped and slowly nibbled to death by a giant bug but then I remembered that thanks to their lack of lungs limiting their size it would hopefully never happen :unsure:

I see you have discovered that it always helps our sense of horror and distress to offload it onto others. :huh:

HOLA446
HOLA447
When I wake up in the morning, I sometimes find Jizz trails all over my bedroom window.

I digress, getting back on the topic thread. Snails have been eating my tomatoes and chives, little bleeders.

Friend of mine keeps slugs out of his vegetable patch, using copper tape. If they cross over the foil they get electric shocks.

http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/Copper+Slug+Stop+Tape

HOLA448
Friend of mine keeps slugs out of his vegetable patch, using copper tape. If they cross over the foil they get electric shocks.

It's probably the slug equivalent of chewing tinfoil (at least for those of us with amalgam fillings in our teeth).

HOLA449
HOLA4410
You wake up to find your kitchen floor covered in Gizz trails, worse, you go to make a brew during From Dusk Till Dawn on a Sunday night, and find one of the ugly little bast@rds in the middle of your kitchen floor.

As you step over it to put the kettle on, having narrowly avoided putting your bare foot onto it, (Shudders just thinking about it), you wonder why God would create something as ugly and pointless as a slug.

I only have one good thing to say about Slugs - they like beer.

Suffice to say I got the Mrs to get rid of it. ;)

I love the child-like simpleness of this thread's sub-heading let within it there is that great question - who am I, why I am here, where is the beer?

The Buddhists, bless them, might say that Karma would indicate that you may well have been a slug in a previous existence and have slowly risen up over the Eons to become the Human Being you are today. Or that you may be on the downward slope...

Maybe we are Timeless Beings who have forgotten that we are Timeless and we all take it in turns to be Human, to be slugs, to be the table-lamp?

HOLA4411
Guest X-QUORK
Maybe we are Timeless Beings who have forgotten that we are Timeless and we all take it in turns to be Human, to be slugs, to be the table-lamp?

Maybe, but probably not.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest X-QUORK
But you have doubts...

I'm willing to concede that there's a possibility that God does actually exist. However, I put the chances of this being the case in the same league as Elvis having flown a bomber to the moon i.e. almost zero.

HOLA4416
I'm willing to concede that there's a possibility that God does actually exist. However, I put the chances of this being the case in the same league as Elvis having flown a bomber to the moon i.e. almost zero.

Don't you find that a tad depressing though? "When you're dead, you're dead." I'm tempted to agree with you, though my family have had direct experience with what could described as the "supernatural" and were not collectively bonkers by any stretch of the imagination. I still like to think there is still a chance of "life" beyond this one, and there are things "out there" beyond our comprehension.

HOLA4417
Guest X-QUORK
Don't you find that a tad depressing though? "When you're dead, you're dead." I'm tempted to agree with you, though my family have had direct experience with what could described as the "supernatural" and were not collectively bonkers by any stretch of the imagination. I still like to think there is still a chance of "life" beyond this one, and there are things "out there" beyond our comprehension.

No, I don't find it depressing...I didn't mind not being around before I was born, so death is no different. In any case, whether one finds it depressing or not has no bearing on the truth.

Indeed, there are things still beyond are comprehension, but that doesn't mean we should fill the gaps with religious hokus pokus.

HOLA4418
No, I don't find it depressing...I didn't mind not being around before I was born, so death is no different.

Thats an interesting way of thinking about death. You've already been "dead" so whats the issue? Indeed I was just thinking that the other day.

HOLA4419
My disproof of the existence of God is the wasp

The most pointless, annoying creature ever. British summer is always tainted by the appearance of unruly wasps dive bombing your beer, munching your picnic or trying to land on your face while you sup your beverage.

They are an absolute menace

Fail, wasps are v beneficial to gardens - pollinate stuff, and eat pests - aphids , midges, etc. Bloody annoying when they're drunk when underemployed at the end of summer, but same applies to most of my mates.

Slugs are really crap for gardens, but I do like them in some ways. They're so slow and crap, but they still get on in life. There's a lesson for me in there somewhere.

HOLA4420
Slugs are really crap for gardens, but I do like them in some ways. They're so slow and crap, but they still get on in life. There's a lesson for me in there somewhere.

Not when they meet my trained attack hornet, they don't....

Archived