House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

House Prices To Exceed Previous Peak Next Year

"I suspect the market will turn down again late 2010 - possibly not until 2011. In the meantime, I suspect prices will rise above their 2007 peaks." Who now agrees with this earlier prediction of mine?

Edited by gruffydd

"I suspect the market will turn down again late 2010 - possibly not until 2011. In the meantime, I suspect prices will rise above their 2007 peaks." Who now agrees with this earlier prediction of mine?

This is the biggest housing boom ever, so we could possible have the biggest bull trap ever. However there will be the biggest bust ever one day too.

Phoney

No chance.

When did you turn bull gruff or is this a short term thing?

BF

Who knows what will happen.

Its not a question of fundamentals, the fundamentals are clearly bad. The market is being propped up by the BoE and the government. It all hinges on how investors feel towards our currency and that depends on how other economies perform and other central bankers react, that is, if they are not already in cahoots.

Its out of our hands. If as many suspect the lunatics have taken over the asylum then we could get HPI that makes the previous bout look sedentary - then it would be obvious to all that we have hit a break-up boom. I'd say if house prices exceed the 2007 high then we are clearly in a hyerinflationary bust phase - then the question becomes how do you protect your family and eat - because if a government is prepared to shaft its citizens this bad then it clearly is not a friend of its citizens. In which case, if you are not one of its usefull idiots, you, your house and your family are expendible.

Logic tells me to stop worrying because the QE experiment will run it course and they will allow the system to self correct - then my heart tells me to be fearfull because these idiots really do think they can print their way out of this mess.

I do not mind saying that I am really quite scared - we are going to see whats behind the curtain, what if instead of the Wizard of Oz being a bumbling old fool, he turns out to be Freddy. :(

anything's possible. That's why predicting this sort of stuff is dismal.

Loon asking prices.

Near zero sales.

Sure, why not!

As long as the medication is free

I Have studied the Nationwide figures and from peak the peak which was October 07 186k to trough which was April 09 152k. this is a 19% Drop.

However the drop was very steep month on month asprices went down, the gains recorded sinse April this year to where we are now at 160k mean the overall loss from peak 186k is a net loss for the period totaling 14% so prices have risen 5% sinse April.

The problem is as the figures are recorded each month and averedged against the yearly figures not from peak, i feel they are being distorted and this will cause them to rise quicker.

The media and land registry are saying 11.7% drops, the media are all over this, the public see only these figures prices down 11% is what they think but its actually a total crash from peak of 14% not 11%.

Joe public is not really that bothered about an 11% drop, especially as the gains were at 10% a year at one point, so the answer to the OP Question is as the prices are recorded on a yearly basis even a tiny gain each month recorded against the bigger drops could result in us being back at October 07 Prices by June 10, very convenient for the election.

With the printing money, and low interest rates, and the media driven feel good factor stories this is possible, what was it Brown said " We will do whatever it takes "

The QE Money is being used to re capitalise the banks in time for them to be bought back just before the election, this would be a real feather in the goverments cap.

I Despair all these things could come to pass and Labour get back in, and house prices stabalise at around the 180 to 185 figure for a period of time.

Sorry if i have rambled on anyone else think this could happen ?

Guest absolutezero
I Despair all these things could come to pass and Labour get back in, and house prices stabalise at around the 180 to 185 figure for a period of time.

Sorry if i have rambled on anyone else think this could happen ?

Highly likely IMO.

Where's the money going to come from to pay 7/8/9x average salary again?

You know that printer you've got next to the computer? Well just imagine it's a little bigger, faster, more governemental and you'll then get the idea...............

You know that printer you've got next to the computer? Well just imagine it's a little bigger, faster, more governemental and you'll then get the idea...............

Ohh well if we suffer from very high/hyper inflation then house prices will probably be the last of our worries.

Guest absolutezero
You likey highly does not mean highly likely :lol:

Don't go into speechwriting....

Ohh well if we suffer from very high/hyper inflation then house prices will probably be the last of our worries.

dont say that we will end up with double didgit house price inflation again, this low inflation is a good thing imo

Highly likely IMO.
Don't go into speechwriting....

dont you go into political forecasting because you are 100% wrong, Labour are finished for 10+ years at any GE, possibly more, 100% finished make no mistake

I agree with you that this is a dead cat bounce with some momentum but I don't agree that prices will return to peak. Up maybe another 6-7% before the next wave of the crisis in Q1 2010 spooks the world again.

Vested interest/hopeful wish - I am trying to sell to rent at 5% above the price I paid in Feb 2006 at the moment. There is another house up in my street at 16% above my Feb 2006 purchase price. If I were to choose between cash and assets at the moment, cash is king. Let's see how it turns out.

Lending was slowing at the start of the crash purely due to the multiples having to be borrowed to purchase a property, as we all know this overstreched a lot of buyers. So were is the extra money going to come from to feed this boom, also we have higher unemployment, falling income (in a lot of cases) and also higher interest rates on there way.