• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

JD lays it out, with cold hard facts, as per usual.

It's sad and funny to listen to the jackass EA snake oil salesman go after JD's character after being put in his place with a proverbial choke slam.

Sarah is out of her element in that forum BTW. Yes, she knows how to build and market house, but I really don't think she has a clue about the greater economy.

chokeslam.jpg

HOLA446
HOLA447

EA. "You read to many books"

Yep, cos reading books is obviously very bad for you, reading books makes you stupid and you are unlikely to be able to get a good job if you read books. If only more people could stop reading then the world would be full of clever people like the EA.

book = bad

no books = good

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
FP was on R4 Moneybox midday today. Repeated Wednesday. Whole edition was about house prices.

Shame interviewees are not corrected as to the truth of the term 'economic stimulus'.......which is economic DEBT.

Economic stimulus is bull5hit for debt.

We're in the sh!t because we borrowed too much.........how do we get out??............Oh yeah, we borrow some more.

borrow more = more debt = economic stimulus.

Rising house prices now is akin to a drug addict feeling so much better after another hit.

HOLA4411
EA. "You read to many books"

Yep, cos reading books is obviously very bad for you, reading books makes you stupid and you are unlikely to be able to get a good job if you read books. If only more people could stop reading then the world would be full of clever people like the EA.

book = bad

no books = good

4 legs = good

2 legs = bad

pass the soma

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

That guy that said that people are investing everything into ONE basket that is housing..and not into pensions, not into a productive profit making business, not into quality investments is right...

When you lose your only basket, what have you got? ;)

HOLA4415
That guy that said that people are investing everything into ONE basket that is housing..and not into pensions, not into a productive profit making business, not into quality investments is right...

When you lose your only basket, what have you got? ;)

Why is it that an investment strategy (property), which is essentially only parasitically feeding off actual production, often makes better returns than the others?

The answer is in the question

Edited by Stars

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Why is it that an investment strategy (property), which is essentially only parasitically feeding off actual production, often makes better returns than the others?

The answer is in the question

If you already know the answer why ask the question........Housing is a necessity, housing is tactile, housing is good to buy and live in, but it is illiquid, it is mostly purchased with debt, it is reliant on sentiment, credit, and favorable interest rates. ;)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Oh dear! :rolleyes:

oh dear indeed. FP made the EA toad sound sensible and reasoned. Even though the EA was sending out somewhat mixed messages by claiming that he's never been busier, interest returning, pentup demand etc. but that he didn't necessarily believe in the reported MoM increases :blink: OhhhhKay :rolleyes: Sounds like a first, an EA who believes are thriving market doesn't necessarily require rising prices :lol: and his second claim that cash investors were replacing ftb's but that there were still loads of ftb's buying. Ok which is it, ftb's being crowded out or ftb's driving the bounce. FP's claim about BankofMumandDad money was naive in the extreme.

Beeney ofcourse made the most sense, no-one should be waiting around waiting for FP's mythical economic collapse so that they can buy their dream home at 50% off. House purchase is based as much on need as it is on conditions, it'll take some doing to perfectly align an economic decline that precipitates a further 25% falls with the right home in the right condition plus the right personal economic employment and financial circumstances. If you want to make huge outside bets like that, keep listening to FP.

FP's rhetoric about the economy and unemployment smacked of desperation. But then for HPC'ers like him desperation set in some time ago when it was obvious they weren't going to get their 50-60% off.

Quite how FP thinks govt. stimulus will just evaporate leaving the economy standing on one leg is just incredible. Hard to believe someone can be so naive.

Edited by spivtastic

HOLA4420
If you already know the answer why ask the question........Housing is a necessity, housing is tactile, housing is good to buy and live in, but it is illiquid, it is mostly purchased with debt, it is reliant on sentiment, credit, and favorable interest rates. ;)

It also sits on land - which cannot be functionally replaced or moved out of the way :)

Edited by Stars

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
oh dear indeed. FP made the EA toad sound sensible and reasoned. Even though the EA was sending out somewhat mixed messages by claiming that he's never been busier, interest returning, pentup demand etc. but that he didn't necessarily believe in the reported MoM increases :blink: OhhhhKay :rolleyes: Sounds like a first, an EA who believes are thriving market doesn't necessarily require rising prices :lol: and his second claim that cash investors were replacing ftb's but that there were still loads of ftb's buying. Ok which is it, ftb's being crowded out or ftb's driving the bounce. FP's claim about BankofMumandDad money was naive in the extreme.

Beeney ofcourse made the most sense, no-one should be waiting around waiting for FP's mythical economic collapse so that they can buy their dream home at 50% off. House purchase is based as much on need as it is on conditions, it'll take some doing to perfectly align an economic decline that precipitates a further 25% falls with the right home in the right condition plus the right personal economic employment and financial circumstances. If you want to make huge outside bets like that, keep listening to FP.

FP's rhetoric about the economy and unemployment smacked of desperation. But then for HPC'ers like him desperation set in some time ago when it was obvious they weren't going to get their 50-60% off.

Quite how FP thinks govt. stimulus will just evaporate leaving the economy standing on one leg is just incredible. Hard to believe someone can be so naive.

You're a bit of a thick tw@t as well.

HOLA4423

I agree I find it difficult to listen to FP as he does tend to come across a bit rabid from time to time. However it's still great to get an alternate point of view.

As for the stimulus evaporating of course it will. All we've done is brought forward spending. At some point it needs to be paid back and unless the rest of the world picks up hugely and sustainably, we've got to pay it back with real cash produced from taxes from you, me and everyone else. What do you think that will do to the economy?. Do you think our major trading partners of the EU and the USA are about to bounce back to a glowing economy? No they are in the same sh1t as us. That's why it will evaporate.

Are you sure you're a bear?

Edited by uro_who

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I agree I find it difficult to listen to FP as he does tend to come across a bit rabid from time to time. However it's still great to get an alternate point of view.

As for the stimulus evaporating of course it will. All we've done is brought forward spending. At some point it needs to be paid back and unless the rest of the world picks up hugely and sustainably, we've got to pay it back with real cash produced from taxes from you, me and everyone else. What do you think that will do to the economy?. Do you think our major trading partners of the EU and the USA are about to bounce back to a glowing economy? No they are in the same sh1t as us. That's why it will evaporate.

Are you sure you're a bear?

i'm a bear in that i think prices are overpriced relative to what i earn. But then i'm a bit of a picky b@stard who could probably afford quite a lot if i were to make compromises i don't want to make.

i think the problem with the economy is twofold. One of political intention and [not unrelated] the unemployment situation which will continue to cause headaches long after they start celebrating coming out of technical recession. and that is a problem make no mistake, i just don't buy that it facilitates a further 25% decline in house prices.

the stimulus won't evaporate unless the political decision makers want it to. And why would they want to put themselves in that situation ?