House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hip to be bear

The Htbb Exchange On The Restaurant Thread....

Well bugger me!!!! :lol:

My wife and I exchanged today on our restaurant business in Weymouth and we complete next week.

We sold our house earlier in the year and have shifted the restaurant at the end of a busy summer. (A good time for cashflow)

Arguably we sold both in the dip...prices for catering businesses are currently low due to the fact that banks have basically stopped lending to leasehold catering businesses. Given Weymouth has the Olympic sailing effect to look foward to etc, we may be shooting ourselves in the foot, but our reasons for selling are personal and very real....

Mrs HTBB has cub number 2 on the way and our family life is screwed completely. We are moving to the IOW. Close to family support etc and will look at new business ventures as well as any job going in the next 9 months just to pay the bills and not burn the STR fund.

Massive thanks to HPC for teaching me so much in general and SNACR in particular for some good advice about ending contractual relationships on leases etc.

I hear so much on here about the BLACK AUTUMN to come...... :ph34r: and I think we might have just got out in time in order to be able to protect our limited wealth. Massive thanks to those who have written contributions to this site that I have read and learnt from. Sorry to those who I have used as the butt of jokes.... please know that you deserved it all.

I don't know where this thread goes form here::

I don't know where this thread goes form here::

Don't leave HPC. At least stay on the Off Topic part. Who else will I be able to keep up all night?

I think it's a good result, don't think there's any downside particularly as young family/long restaurant business hours don't mix. Glad it's exchanged.