House Price Crash Forum
BecksMyCat

Is It Just A Bull Trap? (poll)

I wanted to judge the mood of the forum.

With some of the positive indicators in the news, do you still feel it is just a spring bounce or a bull trap? (OK spring is long over I know).

Edited by BecksMyCat

With some of the positive indicators in the news, do you still feel it is just a spring bounce or a bull trap? (OK spring is long over I know).

JTFC of course it's a f*cking bulltrap.

Everyone keep your panties on, we all knew this was going to happen.

It still all ends the same way... massive falls undershooting affordability... prices down to 2-3 mean wages.

This isn't the end, or evening the beginning of the end, it's the end fo the beginning.

STOP PANICKING.

It still all ends the same way... massive falls undershooting affordability... prices down to 2-3 mean wages.

This isn't the end, or evening the beginning of the end, it's the end fo the beginning.

STOP PANICKING.

Well said

STOP PANICKING.

Agreed. Rome wasn't built in a day, nor did it crumble in a day!

this whole site is a fracking bull trap...herds of them coming to graze on despair and schardenfrued.

lets hope they stay the course for the return match.

Nope this is a crack up boom. Could last a decade. Nothing supported the last rise in prices why should anything support this one?

Nope this is a crack up boom. Could last a decade. Nothing supported the last rise in prices why should anything support this one?

nothing supported the last rise in prices? from 1995 to 2007?

what do you mean?

I think you'll find that speculation combined with lax lending supported the last rise in prices.

BTL and Liar Loans.

Bull trap bull trap bull trap bull trap bull trap bull trap bull trap

couldn't you have put in " is it a bear trap " answer for all those who are jumping ship

If the system was somehow re-set ( nope I don't believe it can be ) and went higher than 2007 peak then this could be considered a bear trap.

The fact the the majority think it is a bull trap suggests that it isn't.

The minority usually are correct. Although I guess we could group hpc as one minority who is correct.

I think you'll find that speculation combined with lax lending supported the last rise in prices.

BTL and Liar Loans.

And yet with speculation and lax lending prices are rising. How? by Magic?

QE will loosen purses. That's what it's all about. QE will never stop.

fundamentals say bull trap, unsustainable spring bounce. But, few talking of a bounce expected markets to rise this much or property prices to regain so much. Markets are not behaving rationally, they are being controlled and manipulated - very well so far tbh so who knows..

i think it is a magic trick the govt are play with smoke and mirrors, the economy contracted 0.7% so how is that growth it was less than forecasted well maybe that has something to do with more people staying at home rather then going abroad for their holidays and now is the time to buy the kids stuff for a new school year , lets see what happens when the cold dark autumn/winter days and nights are here

plus the holiday season, harvesting, and temporary summer jobs are coming to an end soon so more unemployment

No. This is an engineered boom.

at least we can make something then.

fundamentals say bull trap, unsustainable spring bounce. But, few talking of a bounce expected markets to rise this much or property prices to regain so much. Markets are not behaving rationally, they are being controlled and manipulated - very well so far tbh so who knows..

The markets are acting rationally. The government has promised to sort out lending. House prices have dropped ~ twenty five percent. People who have access to a big wadge of cash thereby qualifying for a mortgage can now take advantage of the baaagains still on offer. They've even apparently been fighting over them, and have pushed up the prices. The recession will be over soon. Read it on the BBC.

chimp.jpg

Just because shares are fighting back doesn't mean it's all ok in the UK. Stocks represent a global market and as we all know the big exporters in Europe (France and Germany) are doing well. I predict 5 years of complete misery in the UK as we fight to keep our economic place in the world.

We face a deluge of rising taxes and falling wages and I think mega inflation is just a year away. Already luxury goods from Europe are up 60% and so anyone buying a new pair of Italian shoes or even a german made watch will be paying at least 60% more than they did two years ago.

It is the time to invest if you have the money to do so, be be prepared to move quick at the first sign of problems

Hi folks

After four consecutive monthly increases I'm very confused. Are people really confident that things will deteriorate?

What the hell is going on??? I don't wanna miss the goddam boat again!!!

Just looked at the results, typical HPC hivemind sheeplethink!

Come on slow coaches, we've had the crash!

You all missed the boat last time around, don't do it again!

Still, if you did buy a place you wouldnt be able to come on here any more, whinging about house prices, what would you all do?!

:lol:

Hi folks

After four consecutive monthly increases I'm very confused. Are people really confident that things will deteriorate?

What the hell is going on??? I don't wanna miss the goddam boat again!!!

The boat is the Titanic. plenty of cabins still available before she sails.

The most insightful traders I read reckon S&P to 1230, then a repeat of the Dow Jones in the 1930s/Nikkei 1990s - liquidity fuelled lower highs for years.

Don't know how that ties in with UK house prices, but I'm guessing not good!