House Price Crash Forum

Buy A 3-bed Flat At £1.25million - And Share With £65k 1-bed Shared Ownership Flat Owners

HOLA441

"Landmark" development, this is top dollar, posh as fook.... for holiday use only ... buy buy buy ... only people didn't. So it was back to planning to get permission for them to be sold as residential. Sorted ... so, buy,buy, buy .... oh dear. That residential planning permission came with a caveat: affordable housing. So now you can buy into the lifestyle if you have not £1.25million you needed before, but just £65k (local residency restrictions, proof you can't otherwise buy on the local market) Shared Ownership FTW. Wonder how the posh people that did buy at top dollar feel now?

http://www.rocklands-newquay.co.uk enjoy the posh video

£1.25 million ... or Shared Ownership on a 1-bed for £65k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa..._includeSSTC=on

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

HOLA442
"Landmark" development, this is top dollar, posh as fook.... for holiday use only ... buy buy buy ... only people didn't. So it was back to planning to get permission for them to be sold as residential. Sorted ... so, buy,buy, buy .... oh dear. That residential planning permission came with a caveat: affordable housing. So now you can buy into the lifestyle if you have not £1.25million you needed before, but just £65k (local residency restrictions, proof you can't otherwise buy on the local market) Shared Ownership FTW. Wonder how the posh people that did buy at top dollar feel now?

http://www.rocklands-newquay.co.uk enjoy the posh video

£1.25 million ... or Shared Ownership on a 1-bed for £65k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa..._includeSSTC=on

Blimey, I'm certainly tempted to enquire about the affordable housing part, does growing up there and cant afford to return count?- thought not.

HOLA443
Blimey, I'm certainly tempted to enquire about the affordable housing part, does growing up there and cant afford to return count?- thought not.

No. B4str4ds eh! You need a fake local address.... keep some stuff registered there.

House prices are coming down ... because there's not the work/incomes and no Londoners to snap up places to rent out as holiday homes.

HOLA444
No. B4str4ds eh! You need a fake local address.... keep some stuff registered there.

House prices are coming down ... because there's not the work/incomes and no Londoners to snap up places to rent out as holiday homes.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I dont have an address that close that I could fake, shame, I would have gone for it and the affordable ones have less residency restrictions on them than the top dollar pads, interesting.

HOLA445
Hmmmmmmmmm, I dont have an address that close that I could fake, shame, I would have gone for it and the affordable ones have less residency restrictions on them than the top dollar pads, interesting.

Service charges are likely to be high though. Top spec build + being constantly ravaged by the worst elements.

I should phone up and see if any agents are prepared to do viewings and I could enquire about stuff.

HOLA446

13.8 miles

HOLA447
HOLA448
Just looked through, picked this one at random.

Was £600k, now £400k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-22128235.html

Tanking!

Sadly, I cant get away at the moment, very poorly Dad. I will enquire about the eligibility though and see what it takes. Could have done a bogof there one each for Dad and myself. I will also try and find out what the service charges are, they cant be the same as the penthouses? can they?

HOLA449
Service charges are likely to be high though. Top spec build + being constantly ravaged by the worst elements.

I should phone up and see if any agents are prepared to do viewings and I could enquire about stuff.

It's going to have 24 hr reception desk, now that sounds very expensive!

HOLA4410
Sadly, I cant get away at the moment, very poorly Dad. I will enquire about the eligibility though and see what it takes. Could have done a bogof there one each for Dad and myself. I will also try and find out what the service charges are, they cant be the same as the penthouses? can they?

To be honest, there are better spots. I don't think the SO ones have any outdoor space/balcony, it's a hellishly noisy corner with wall to wall traffic (think revving up, booming stereos) and traffic jams most of the nicer days. Come outside and it's on a windy corner. No easy access to the beach, it's down 130 rough steps of varyng size and quality.

I'd not choose to be there. No quality of life... and in the cheaper seats you won't even get the views.

It's also next to an indian restaurant, opposite an amusement arcade and taxi office and so close to a nightclub that from 11pm to 4am you'll have shouting yoofs legging it past most nights from April to September .... screaming, hollering, fighting and dressed in wedding dresses.

Oh and there's a Pizza Express on the ground floor. I'd say that means: groups of drunken yoofs, part of a stag party, shouting to each other and to their mate along the road to say "hurry up" and making a lot of noise while they loiter and wait until they've all caught up to get in.

Edit: Just investigated a bit further, there's a "communal terrace and hot tub" on the roof. Sounds like that could become a no-go area if just one resident of any amount of wealth has "the wrong sort" of visitors. Could end up being a ridiculous party spot with one person taking the p155.

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

HOLA4411

[ooops sorry gremlins causing duplicate posts

Edited by hev

HOLA4412

duplicate post , sorry

Edited by hev

HOLA4413
To be honest, there are better spots. I don't think the SO ones have any outdoor space/balcony, it's a hellishly noisy corner with wall to wall traffic (think revving up, booming stereos) and traffic jams most of the nicer days. Come outside and it's on a windy corner. No easy access to the beach, it's down 130 rough steps of varyng size and quality.

I'd not choose to be there. No quality of life... and in the cheaper seats you won't even get the views.

It's also next to an indian restaurant, opposite an amusement arcade and taxi office and so close to a nightclub that from 11pm to 4am you'll have shouting yoofs legging it past most nights from April to September .... screaming, hollering, fighting and dressed in wedding dresses.

Oh and there's a Pizza Express on the ground floor. I'd say that means: groups of drunken yoofs, part of a stag party, shouting to each other and to their mate along the road to say "hurry up" and making a lot of noise while they loiter and wait until they've all caught up to get in.

Edit: Just investigated a bit further, there's a "communal terrace and hot tub" on the roof. Sounds like that could become a no-go area if just one resident of any amount of wealth has "the wrong sort" of visitors. Could end up being a ridiculous party spot with one person taking the p155.

yes, I saw the communal areas on the spec, and could imagine what it would be like ' living in a Teneriffe time share', the location sounds gross from what you say, how on earth are they going to sell the penthouses?

I dont like the stag/hen so called culture of Newquay but it is in striking distance of my home village, I'll sit this one out for now and keep looking for Utopia ie land near Portreath.

Thanks for all the info though.

HOLA4414
yes, I saw the communal areas on the spec, and could imagine what it would be like ' living in a Teneriffe time share', the location sounds gross from what you say, how on earth are they going to sell the penthouses?

I dont like the stag/hen so called culture of Newquay but it is in striking distance of my home village, I'll sit this one out for now and keep looking for Utopia ie land near Portreath.

Thanks for all the info though.

I had a holiday once there, in one of the houses directly overlooking the inner harbour area, in Chynance. Spotted one for sale about 8 months ago that literally is "on" the harbour, in that a gate at the bottom of the garden literally has you stepping down onto the sand.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=TR16+4NJ&n=50

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=16

It's nice there, but a little bit shabby and out on a limb.