House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Bbc Wales Having Orgasm Re Welsh Price Rises

If you lived in Wales now you would either wish to top yourself or, um, switch off your TV. OK, I know some of you would want to top yourself if you lived in Wales but...

The LR figures are showing over a 3% rise which has given BBC Wales an orgasm and they are talking about how Wales is better than the rest of the UK for house prices... madness.

Following on form the unemployment figures a few weeks back that showed unemployment rising across the UK but falling in Wales... then obviously all you saps are living in the wrong part of the World. Wales is immune to the global financial crisis - jobs are up, house prices are up.

Excuse me whilst I step outside with a glass of whisky and a loaded revolver!

If you lived in Wales now you would either wish to top yourself or, um, switch off your TV. OK, I know some of you would want to top yourself if you lived in Wales but...

The LR figures are showing over a 3% rise which has given BBC Wales an orgasm and they are talking about how Wales is better than the rest of the UK for house prices... madness.

Following on form the unemployment figures a few weeks back that showed unemployment rising across the UK but falling in Wales... then obviously all you saps are living in the wrong part of the World. Wales is immune to the global financial crisis - jobs are up, house prices are up.

Don't worry boyo - Gordon has lots of public sector jobs for the Welsh - thats why things are looking up in Wales.

Looks like Gordo has managed to inflate an over inflated housing bubble - the madman has succeded in killing what chance there was of suffering a little pain and getting back to an economy based on making stuff rather than selling houses and MEW'ing and getting into more debt.

I stated on another thread - I am taking all my assets out of the UK.

- Gold

- Euros

- Some shares

Other than a few K in sterling its all getting converted because the UK is going to suffer the biggest catastrophic fall from grace imaginable.

Edited by IMHAL

Either volumes must be very low or, duw duw, you should be investing in Welsh public sector jobs - they can only go up! :blink:

It seems as if Wales is destined to be the last burst of the biggest bubble in history. I love Wales but, boy, as a nation we are collectively thick at times!

:(

i personally don't really believe the regional month-on-month stats, i think the sample sizes are probably too small... nick dastardly's ultra-micro level stats support this theory.

i feel your pain though, i'm sure the ramping is very real.

Bridgend -0.5

Caerphilly -2.2

Blaenau Gwent -2.3

Merthyr Tydfil -7.4

Neath Port Talbot -5.8

Bless these people missing out on the nations orgasm!

As far as BBC Wales is concerned only Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan and Swansea exist it seems.

Don't worry boyo - Gordon has lots of public sector jobs for the Welsh - thats why things are looking up in Wales.

Looks like Gordo has managed to inflate an over inflated housing bubble - the madman has succeded in killing what chance there was of suffering a little pain and getting back to an economy based on making stuff rather than selling houses and MEW'ing and getting into more debt.

I stated on another thread - I am taking all my assets out of the UK.

- Gold

- Euros

- Some shares

Other than a few K in sterling its all getting converted because the UK is going to suffer the biggest catastrophic fall from grace imaginable.

Just doesn't seem to be playing out that way though does it?

She looks a bit too much like Victoria Beckham for my taste. Maybe all WAG's start to look like her?

Yes, that photo with her hair up is too much like VB but, then, I didn't spend that much time looking at her face :blink:

Sounds very much like Jockland on an average day. Denial central. Plus an overwhelming desire to have houses that cost far too much by anyone's standards.

Insane.

Yes, that photo with her hair up is too much like VB but, then, I didn't spend that much time looking at her face :blink:

face? what face?

talking about how Wales is better than the rest of the UK for house prices... madness.

How is it we ever developed anything as a species when we clearly have NO capacity for learning?

Just doesn't seem to be playing out that way though does it?

You asking a question or making a statement?

If its a question then IMHO this economy is beyond repair and I'm out - just a question of time before the the currency does a reginald perrin.

BBC Wales employs over 1200 staff in Cardiff. No wonder they are getting excited. Dare say when the Beeb moves out of London to Salford then any HPI there, will be trumpeted from the rooftops. And the BBC hopes to sell the 13 acre TV centre in White City for over £300M. Its a state run property company that makes TV programmes!