House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trampa501

Beeb - House Price Rises Hit 5-year High

Beeb Hsg report

House prices in England and Wales rose by 1.7% in July compared with June - the biggest monthly leap in value since July 2004, the Land Registry said.

Every region recorded a monthly rise in prices, with the average home valued at £155,885, the analysis found.

But prices were still 11.7% lower in July th

its got to the point where i do not believe anything this govt says, but what i really can not understand is why people are going out and buying houses when you have proper economists telling people that house prices are still overvalued by 30% so thats 45% from 07 peaks , if nobody bought surely this would mean the prices would correct themselves quicker , i have come to the conclusion that 75% of the people in this country are just thick so its no wonder this country is going to the dogs,

its got to the point where i do not believe anything this govt says, but what i really can not understand is why people are going out and buying houses when you have proper economists telling people that house prices are still overvalued by 30% so thats 45% from 07 peaks , if nobody bought surely this would mean the prices would correct themselves quicker , i have come to the conclusion that 75% of the people in this country are just thick so its no wonder this country is going to the dogs,

I 100% agree with you, most people in this counry are thick as and dont realise its their children they are ripping off.

Shove your over priced houses where the sun dont shine.

One thing i have noticed in my local area is the amount of houses coming on the market has increased over the last week and most seem to be at lower prices that the average before.

I am also seeing a few price drops starting again.

Roll ON Winter

These days it's difficult to believe much from the media and the documentaries as well.

Sometimes when you watch the TV newscasters etc you just know they are thinking to themselves "you can't possibly believe this rubbish can you". Sometimes the news is just ROTFL time when it's so twisted and spun :lol:

Edited by billybong

Remember that people with an IQ under 100 are dumb

And that the average IQ is defined as 100

Thus 50% of people in the country are stupid

:o

And anyone who believes that IQ tests reveal intelligence is also stupid.

However Brown could go for a snap election especially if it avoids annihilation.

Gordon Brown's best ally in the quest for Labour to win the next election just has to be Daniel Hannan! :lol:

i have come to the conclusion that 75% of the people in this country are just thick
No, most people buy houses primarily to live in, not as investments, so for them the big factor is whether they can afford to buy and keep the house, not whether it will go up or down in value by a few percent. As long as a house holds its value in relation to the overall property market, the only problem with falling values is the declining equity in a property.

I was a house owner, with mortgage, through the last slump of the early 90's, which was far worse than this one as far as values went (in our area) - our property went down from £85K at peak to £58K then back up to £65K. So we saw a roughly 30% drop in price. This time round in our area there's little evidence of any drop in asking prices from the peak in 2007.

Edited by blankster

And anyone who believes that IQ tests reveal intelligence is also stupid.

However Brown could go for a snap election especially if it avoids annihilation.

Calling the election will be down to Mandy, not Brown. Now he can't escape the Lords, he may as well leave it until the last possible minute.

Calling the election will be down to Mandy, not Brown. Now he can't escape the Lords, he may as well leave it until the last possible minute.

I Agree they will cling on to the very last possible date they can befor calling an election, so next May June is when it will happen.

Maybee there QE Thing will have produced results by then, or could they still be printing money at that date, nothing would surprise me.

I'm betting they will call an election when the Oct GDP figure comes in positive. Brown can boast he has saved the country, at least it gives them a chance.

I'm betting they will call an election when the Oct GDP figure comes in positive. Brown can boast he has saved the country, at least it gives them a chance.

I Dont agree he does not have the bottle to call an early election its next year and as late in the year as he can get it to happen.

This gives them 9 months to turn it around, the problem is the media are turning it round for him, all this good news about green shoots, and the end of the recession is fueling a feel good factor, people are spending again this is the biggest concern.

Meanwhile month upon month as things pick up so will his poll ratings, he will be Jack Baur by next May ( god help us )