House Price Crash Forum

Council Parking Penalty

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest tbatst2000
At the annual audit, any voter is entitled to examine the books, receipts etc.

Do you have any links for that? e.g. the relevant act of parliament giving the right etc?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Do you have any links for that? e.g. the relevant act of parliament giving the right etc?

S14 and 15 of Audit Commission Act 1988, an extract is.....

S 14

Inspection of statements of accounts and auditors' reports .(1)

A local government elector for the area of a body subject to audit, other than a health service body, may— .

(a)

inspect and make copies of any statement of accounts prepared by the body pursuant to regulations under section 27; .

(B)

inspect and make copies of any report, other than an immediate report, made to the body by an auditor; and .

S 15

Inspection of documents and questions at audit .(1)

At each audit under this Act, other than an audit of accounts of a health service body, any persons interested may— .

(a)

inspect the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them, and .

(B)

make copies of all or any part of the accounts and those other documents. .

(2)

At the request of a local government elector for any area to which the accounts relate, the auditor shall give the elector, or any representative of his, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts. .

You need to read the full sections as there are restrictions. Note difference between the rights of an elector and those interested. You should also check there is no subsequent amending legislation

HOLA445
Guest tbatst2000
S14 and 15 of Audit Commission Act 1988, an extract is.....

S 14

Inspection of statements of accounts and auditors' reports .(1)

A local government elector for the area of a body subject to audit, other than a health service body, may�" .

(a)

inspect and make copies of any statement of accounts prepared by the body pursuant to regulations under section 27; .

( B)

inspect and make copies of any report, other than an immediate report, made to the body by an auditor; and .

S 15

Inspection of documents and questions at audit .(1)

At each audit under this Act, other than an audit of accounts of a health service body, any persons interested may�" .

(a)

inspect the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them, and .

( B)

make copies of all or any part of the accounts and those other documents. .

(2)

At the request of a local government elector for any area to which the accounts relate, the auditor shall give the elector, or any representative of his, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts. .

You need to read the full sections as there are restrictions. Note difference between the rights of an elector and those interested. You should also check there is no subsequent amending legislation

interesting, thanks.

HOLA446
Heres an idea - pay it.

You knew the rules of the game, you broke them, now take the consequences.

Fair enough trying to get away without getting a permit, but don't complain when you get caught.

And before you all start the abuse, just consider what congestion would be like without ticketing.

I will pay it, for reasons outlined earlier. And then I will exercise my democratic rights, as so many of the kind contributors to this thread have shown me how to do.

Here's some history.

i) Before no parking permit required.

ii) Huge hospital expension wing built.

iii) Council says parking permits needed to protect residents from people who visit the hospital who try to avoid parking charges by parking in the local streets.

iv) Council issues free parking permits to residents.

v) Council decides 1 year later to charge residents 40 quid for the permit.

So in summary, in order to be able to park outside where they live because a huge hospital extension has been built (that benefits the entire surrounding area) the locals are being charged an extra 40 quid pa, as opposed to the entire public who benefit from the hospital paying an increase in council tax.

Now, would you be p*ssed off ?

HOLA447
I will pay it, for reasons outlined earlier. And then I will exercise my democratic rights, as so many of the kind contributors to this thread have shown me how to do.

Here's some history.[...]

Now, would you be p*ssed off ?

OK. It's £40 p.a.

But you're not harming the council by wasting their time, it comes from the people who pay council tax (which doesn't include you, you say). Why waste other tax payers' money just because you feel aggrieved? That doesn't seem fair... :(

HOLA448
Guest absolutezero
OK. It's £40 p.a.

But you're not harming the council by wasting their time, it comes from the people who pay council tax (which doesn't include you, you say). Why waste other tax payers' money just because you feel aggrieved? That doesn't seem fair... :(

If you listen to most on here all public sector workers are lazy scum.

Given they're salaried they might as well do something unseful with their time for SteveAustin the private sector 'wealth producer'. :rolleyes:

Archived