boo

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
How about 1 million jobs taken by foreign workers = 1 million young people unemployed

Mock all you like, but this country is on the brink of major social, political and economic turmoil.

It's now inevitable.

:blink:

I must agree, very few countries have successfully integrated mixed populations, why some should think we are any better is beyond my understanding. Probably Jingoism, which in a way is also racist. (ie, we are superior to all those other countries that have had civil wars etc. when they tried to mix races)

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
both, immigration drains the welfare system, overstretches services and increases the tax burden hence higher business costs.

Except if they become employed - which is the scenario i originally responded to.

Game_over wrote:

"How about 1 million jobs taken by foreign workers = 1 million young people unemployed"

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
You can have it up you today. :lol:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/123636

Yesterday has got to be number 1 worst day in history of this site.

Headlines everyone saw were House price rises, Rent increasing and economy doing well.

Any would be sellers ain't gonna ask less now are they?

Actually for me house prices fell about 5% during August:-) The Pound has taken an absolute hiding during the month of August and now (particulary relevant for me as thats where 90% plus of my assets/funds are) sits around GBP1:NZD 2.38. This is the the highest level i have seen the NZD against the pound since 1997. Its a similar situation for any other currency where they don't have some numpty at the top, printing money like its going out of fashion. (The US is excluded here as they are also quietly QEing like the devil). Sure lets just keep printing money and devaluing the pound to keep up your house price Sibbers.

You can say that this doesn't affect 99% of people, and in the direct sense you may right. Indirectly though, the nations 'real' wealth is dropping fast relative to the rest of the world. But we can at least keep up the delusion that our 'high' house prices mean everyone is wealthy...

HOLA4416

Headlines everyone saw were House price rises, Rent increasing and economy doing well.

Also doesn't the 15-20% shortfall in each months goverment spending vs the tax take just slightly worry you? FFS man, Gordo is living in dreamland. This has to be balanced in the very near future with some big public sector cuts/tax rises, or probably both. Gordos 'grow your way out' is a pipe dream, designed specifically for election purposes.

Sorry, i'm being trollified.. rants over

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Doh! Should have realised they would have reverted to type!

Sibley you really are a nitwit! The UK must look ridiculous to the rest of the world. Shrinking economy, rising unemployment, no innovation and no real force to be reckoned with, but hey at least our house prices are amongst the highest in the world so we must be good at something.....

HOLA4420
I must agree, very few countries have successfully integrated mixed populations, why some should think we are any better is beyond my understanding. Probably Jingoism, which in a way is also racist. (ie, we are superior to all those other countries that have had civil wars etc. when they tried to mix races)

My predictions of a civil war in the UK appear to be gaining common cuurency.

Without policies that actual reverse the effects of recent immigration waves it is inevitable within the next 30 years.

HOLA4421

Ah...but, my orange haired pet retard, what it will do is bring a lot more properies on to the market as all those blue collar spanners who bought, say, new bulid-off plan at the height of the boom (looks at Sibley and shakes head) ; will put them back on the market. This will lower the average price in any non mix adjusted index.

With residential mortgage rates actually rising at the moment, along with no FTB's, no securitisation, higher LTV rates and rising unemployment- affordability becomes the main issue.

All it will take is one negative month for sentiment to get crushed again. You must be sweating like a rapist. :lol::rolleyes:

HOLA4422
Actually for me house prices fell about 5% during August:-) The Pound has taken an absolute hiding during the month of August and now (particulary relevant for me as thats where 90% plus of my assets/funds are) sits around GBP1:NZD 2.38. This is the the highest level i have seen the NZD against the pound since 1997. Its a similar situation for any other currency where they don't have some numpty at the top, printing money like its going out of fashion. (The US is excluded here as they are also quietly QEing like the devil). Sure lets just keep printing money and devaluing the pound to keep up your house price Sibbers.

You can say that this doesn't affect 99% of people, and in the direct sense you may right. Indirectly though, the nations 'real' wealth is dropping fast relative to the rest of the world. But we can at least keep up the delusion that our 'high' house prices mean everyone is wealthy...

Spot on. It makes no sense that you can buy a decent house in senic German countryside for say 90k, whilst 200k may struggle to buy you a damp, cramped terrace in the crime-ridden parts of town here. You can't buck the market - so the currency is changing things accordingly.

HOLA4423

Cheers for the link, interesting reading :)

HOLA4424

Really, does anyone actually know of anyone who reads or takes any notice of this joke of a rag?

In tbe supermarket I go out of my way to look at the Express headlines for "a laugh" the chances are its on one of the following subjects:

House Prices

Immigrants

Fuel Prices

Health Scares

Maddie

or occasionally the weather.

It's just warped, I can't get my round what their agenda is.

HOLA4425