House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MOP

Ron Paul Bill To Audit The Fed Will Be Passed. Barney Frank Confirms October Date.

Cool!

It seems there is a movement in America, not just of disgruntled HPCers, but voters who DO give a damn what is happening with their money. Whereas here I can't seem to find anybody but us and a few journo's writing bad things about what is going on.

Yes, critical mass has been reached. We are angry and want something done. The problem is will this Fed audit do anything? I don't think it's the right thing to do. Finding out that the Fed has given titanic amounts of cash to its fav banks will produce what? More govt regs? Geeee. I'm sure Morgan is trembling in their boots. Now, maybe Ron Paul has something up his sleeve that he hasn't gotten on the blower and clued me into. Don't know.

Something I see now about you Brits, is you just don't have the tools that we do, and you don't have the history of using those tools to make changes. We expect things to work right. You expect things to go wrong. That's an important difference. Here, the politician's job is when the voters get angry, to divert our attention towards "solutions" that will come to naught after our energies are spent. I fear this to be the case with the Audit the Fed crowd, especially if Barney Frank seems behind it. I do not think he has EVERbeen on the correct side of any issue.

What we need in this country is to correctly identify the problem: No More National Debt. Once we fix our gaze on that mantra, then wouldn't the other problems be exposed and rectified? I think so.

Cool!

It seems there is a movement in America, not just of disgruntled HPCers, but voters who DO give a damn what is happening with their money. Whereas here I can't seem to find anybody but us and a few journo's writing bad things about what is going on.

Yes, critical mass has been reached. We are angry and want something done. The problem is will this Fed audit do anything? I don't think it's the right thing to do. Finding out that the Fed has given titanic amounts of cash to its fav banks will produce what? More govt regs? Geeee. I'm sure Morgan is trembling in their boots. Now, maybe Ron Paul has something up his sleeve that he hasn't gotten on the blower and clued me into. Don't know.

Something I see now about you Brits, is you just don't have the tools that we do, and you don't have the history of using those tools to make changes. We expect things to work right. You expect things to go wrong. That's an important difference. Here, the politician's job is when the voters get angry, to divert our attention towards "solutions" that will come to naught after our energies are spent. I fear this to be the case with the Audit the Fed crowd, especially if Barney Frank seems behind it. I do not think he has EVERbeen on the correct side of any issue.

What we need in this country is to correctly identify the problem: No More National Debt. Once we fix our gaze on that mantra, then wouldn't the other problems be exposed and rectified? I think so.

Good post. I agree that Britain and Britons are getting exactly what they deserve at the moment - a monumental shafting by politicians, bankers and big corporations. The sheeple are placated with widescreen plasma TVs, near-zero interest rates, cheap lager and the premier league on Sky TV.

I just wished that in 1776 Britain had disposed of its monarchy and class system as well as the American Colonies did. :angry:

Edited by Tokyo_Expat

Good post. I agree that Britain and Britons are getting exactly what they deserve at the moment - a monumental shafting by politicians, bankers and big corporations. The sheeple are placated with widescreen plasma TVs, near-zero interest rates, cheap lager and the premier league on Sky TV.

I just wished that in 1776 Britain had disposed of its monarchy and class system as well as the American Colonies did. :angry:

Pehaps it's simply easier to recognise the inertia and gross manipulation from the outside. Marx did say something about class consciousness being necessary before the alienated downtrodden masses could revolt against the system.

Perversely, Britons believe a synthesis has been achieved; they think they're now all middle class meritocrats sharing the spoils in an open market . What's there to fight about?

Where else but in a totally complacent Britain would someone as self-serving, dishonest and psychologically inadequate as Brown still be left in control ? Britain is turning into a comic side-show and no-one seems to care.

The "City" has bought our politicians lock, stock and duck houses (with the odd moat thrown in). Latest "convert" on the payroll is the Mayor of London. City jobs must remain in London at all costs. Of course everyone elses jobs can be outsourced. <_<

The whole damn lot of them should be thrown in the Thames with heavy weights attached.

IMO it's simpler than that; although your system has been corrupted, the country was founded on the basis of freedom from oppressive government and you get brought up on the Constitution and so on. It just means there's more of a sense of how it should be than there is here, where the main source of any national pride is about our histprical achievements.

Paul is starting something with the Fed audit and has to be credited with that. I doubt it's where he intends to stopm, but putting light onto it has got to be a start.

i.e. guns? :rolleyes:

Why do you think they employ Ron Paul?

Why do you think they employ Ron Paul?

Do you have enough reason to write the guy off that way? It's as bad to dismiss those on the "right" side as it is to fall for those otherwise.

He does call for currency competition. To be fair, what does he have on his record that warrants suggesting he's a stooge?

Do you have enough reason to write the guy off that way? It's as bad to dismiss those on the "right" side as it is to fall for those otherwise.

He does call for currency competition. To be fair, what does he have on his record that warrants suggesting he's a stooge?

The fact that he gets a pay cheque from them every month?

The fact that he gets a pay cheque from them every month?

The guy doesn't believe in no government, does that mean he has to be classed as a stooge of the Fed etc?

The guy doesn't believe in no government, does that mean he has to be classed as a stooge of the Fed etc?

Oh I'm sure he believes every word he says.

That's why they employ him.

Oh I'm sure he believes every word he says.

That's why they employ him.

:lol:

I've spent too much time on here to follow this one too far!

I see where you're going - Paul is misguided and tolerated as a convenient facade - but I dunno.

Edited by bogbrush

:lol:

I've spent too much time on here to follow this one too far!

Have you read Chomskys manufacturing consent?

Very good read, even if he is a lunatic lefty. They way it works is they pick people who have a definite viewpoint for certain positions, so those peopel are operating from their own free will - but they are the end result of a process that has picked them to be where they are.

It's like a series of hoppers to sort out types of goods/raw materials. You first identify what you want, then you set up a series of tests to get it - and the item that you get is itself, isn't faking it or anything but is exactly what you want. Everything you don't want is weeded out.

You've done job interviews a plenty, you know how this works - you know what you are looking for before you set off. RP is in the republican party for chrisake!

Very good read, even if he is a lunatic lefty. They way it works is they pick people who have a definite viewpoint for certain positions, so those peopel are operating from their own free will - but they are the end result of a process that has picked them to be where they are.

It's like a series of hoppers to sort out types of goods/raw materials. You first identify what you want, then you set up a series of tests to get it - and the item that you get is itself, isn't faking it or anything but is exactly what you want. Everything you don't want is weeded out.

You've done job interviews a plenty, you know how this works - you know what you are looking for before you set off. RP is in the republican party for chrisake!

Do you really expect me to believe that the political class is sufficiently organised and capable to be able to establish what they want? Similarly, my view of interviews is that they are far from the slick selection mechanism you describe - and... employers, like politicians, seldom actually know what they want or need.

Perhaps it is time to face the hard truth - there is no conspiracy; there is no 'they' - but, rather, a whole raft of little people - some of whom have found themselves in interesting positions either by birth or by other historic chance.

Do you really expect me to believe that the political class is sufficiently organised and capable to be able to establish what they want? Similarly, my view of interviews is that they are far from the slick selection mechanism you describe - and... employers, like politicians, seldom actually know what they want or need.

:)

Perhaps it is time to face the hard truth - there is no conspiracy; there is no 'they' - but, rather, a whole raft of little people - some of whom have found themselves in interesting positions either by birth or by other historic chance.

Never said otherwise.

Lovely interview with Andrew Marr, where Chomsky points out that Marr wouldn't be interviewing him if he had different beliefs than the ones he has.

You need money to battle.

If you don't have the money you are screwed.

Ron Paul should also be suing the Fed for negligence.

Something I see now about you Brits, is you just don't have the tools that we do, and you don't have the history of using those tools to make changes.

What another load of old c0ck.

I'll look into that, thanks!

I follow the logic - perhaps my incredulity arises from the fact that I am a totally rubbish interviewer; it's why I hardly ever hire from new - better to have good people coming through who I know are capable and have the right values and who know me.

As usual, Injin is bang-on. Ron Paul will have his audit of the FED, then the $ will collapse and usher in a new global currency, or another stepping stone towards one, just as planned.

I can't help agreeing - it's funny how no one paid a blind bit of notice to Ron Paul when he was going on about this 25 years ago. Now, he seems to have the support of half the House, funny that!