House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Black Autumn Thread

As per title...

:lol:

I think that does cover it - and I should think you'll be right. Just can't work out if September or October will provide the major news.

I'm going for September. I think the 14th / 15th seems to be a good date to be short on most things!

I think that does cover it - and I should think you'll be right. Just can't work out if September or October will provide the major news.

I'm going for September. I think the 14th / 15th seems to be a good date to be short on most things!

I think November. However, there might be a sudden exit from shares in Sept once the Summer hols are over. Interesting 3 months ahead.

Have to be blunt though, if the crash does not come by Jan I will be looking to buy by March 2010.

I think November. However, there might be a sudden exit from shares in Sept once the Summer hols are over. Interesting 3 months ahead.

Have to be blunt though, if the crash does not come by Jan I will be looking to buy by March 2010.

Very short-sighted. I expect economic fireworks after the election. Getting an ominous feeling for Sept/Oct in the mean time.

Edited by MOP

Guest The Relaxation Suite
Very short-sighted. I expect financial fireworks after the election. Getting an ominous feeling for Sept/Oct in the mean time.

What thinkst thou as to the pound after the election? Can the expectations of a Tory Govt. revive it on the operating table, even just temporarily?

Very short-sighted. I expect economic fireworks after the election. Getting an ominous feeling for Sept/Oct in the mean time.

I fear that, if by Christmas, there has not been another crisis in the markets and UK HPs have not fallen that a great many of the UK population will actually begin to think that Brown has pulled them through the worst... and the sods will go out and vote for him in May.

If people's HPs do not plunge in price they are likely to vote for Brown so, as we get closer to May with nothing happening in the housing market, Brown will begin to look more and more comfortable in Downing Street.

Add to that all the US NHS Obama talk reminding us of Tory MEPs and probably other Tories who would love to get rid of our NHS and Brown is not looking such a lame duck.

Last week Sept/first week Oct I'm guessing, with the worst day being Thursday 1st October. I have my reasons.. :ph34r: It will be primarily a currency event.

Edited by Pick It Down

That is the date of the next exact Saturn - Uranus opposition

HPC Link

So if anyone on HPC is the slightest bit interested in astrology and its effect on the market I am wondering if the next Saturn-Uranus opposition will see the predicted W shaped recovery? There has been a lot of optimistic Jupiter energy around coupled with dellusional Neptune but I believe this effect is now dwindling as the strength of the Saturn-Uranus opposition revives. This was the dominant alignment when the banking collapse began. There's a few more months before the influence finally eases off so can we expect another wave of economic anxiety soon ?

Last week Sept/first week Oct I'm guessing, with the worst day being Thursday 1st October. I have my reasons.. :ph34r: It will be primarily a currency event.

Sterling is the dog which hasn't barked. ;)

Why? I'm mystified. Why would anyone hold pounds with a government like this?

Sterling is the dog which hasn't barked. ;)

Why? I'm mystified. Why would anyone hold pounds with a government like this?

GBP is down against the USD, EUR and JPY this month. I think the start of this fall is not necessarily evident, given the GBP gains over the last half year. Cannot see it going back up

Japanese unemployment risen to record 5.7%, CPI at record (negative) and consumer spending down 2%.

Bloomberg breaking.

its starting. people are coming back after the weekend to reality.

Apparently, Japan SUFFERS from consumers saving!!!!! Bloomberg expert...due to poor pension arrangements...luckily for us, our pensions are fully accounted for and we neednt save.

Edited by Bloo Loo

Guest KingCharles1st
Japanese unemployment risen to record 5.7%, CPI at record and consumer spending down 2%.

Bloomberg breaking.

its starting. people are coming back after the weekend to reality.

Yeah, Toyota pulling a production plant in America is NOT good news for anyone. It doesn't take much lateral thinking to see Toyota U.K. being the next.

Once the first line is shut down- the plant will automatically become "less efficient, and therefore less profitable.."

the pound has been around 1.62 since July...what are they talking about. climbing as I write towards 1.63

Looking pretty dire against everything else, though.

xrates.png

Looking pretty dire against everything else, though.

xrates.png

Its doing well against the GBP. parity.

More bad news today and... the FTSE climbs... Nuts...

If it is truly all these shorting boys shorting and covering then surely when it goes 'POP' the FTSE will plunge. How much longer can they keep buying, shorting and covering? How deep are their pockets?