House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Small Things That Really Irk..

You're after a simple can of coke (or whatever), whilst visiting a shop or a garage. However, all they have is the 500ml bottles at nearly double the price - they seem also seem to go flat quicker, and reach the temperature of the sun in 5 minutes. I don't want a ruddy bottle. grrr..

Slow people at checkouts.

Especially when their slowness means that you can't pack everything in time, so look like another slow person to the person behind you in the queue.

Always seems to be couples too - you'd think that two pairs of hands can pack quicker than my one. :angry:

You're after a simple can of coke (or whatever), whilst visiting a shop or a garage. However, all they have is the 500ml bottles at nearly double the price - they seem also seem to go flat quicker, and reach the temperature of the sun in 5 minutes. I don't want a ruddy bottle. grrr..

Zagreb78? Are you Croat?

I thought you were going to list customers who refuse to pay their full bill like this this.

:D

Zagreb78? Are you Croat?

I thought you were going to list customers who refuse to pay their full bill like this this.

:D

'fraid not, although I have visited the country & I did have a near death experience on boat between Venice & Pula.

People who decide to rearrange a years worth of receipts in their wallet after visiting either an ATM or a checkout making everyone wait.

Screaming kids in pubs, sorry but I hold the old fashioned view that pubs are for adults. You won't find me sitting in a bouncy castle with a pint. :angry:

Slow people at checkouts.

Especially when their slowness means that you can't pack everything in time, so look like another slow person to the person behind you in the queue.

Always seems to be couples too - you'd think that two pairs of hands can pack quicker than my one. :angry:

+1

Obvious OAPs wandering aimlessly around the supermarket of an evening or saturday morning (i.e. when working people HAVE to shop). Then looking surprised if someone gets impatient with them for blocking the aisles for some reason.

Brain explants stopping for a chat/to repack their shopping/check their bills etc in the entrance/exit doorway of supermarkets, especially at busy times, and especially with trolleys (usually parked sideways).

ALL YOU DING BATS: I FECKING HATE SHOPPING. AND SUPERMARKETS. BUT I HAVE TO EAT. YOU MAY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR EMPTY LIVES BUT I FECKING DO!

Pauses to push embolism back in......

Guest theboltonfury
+1

Obvious OAPs wandering aimlessly around the supermarket of an evening or saturday morning (i.e. when working people HAVE to shop). Then looking surprised if someone gets impatient with them for blocking the aisles for some reason.

Brain explants stopping for a chat/to repack their shopping/check their bills etc in the entrance/exit doorway of supermarkets, especially at busy times, and especially with trolleys (usually parked sideways).

ALL YOU DING BATS: I FECKING HATE SHOPPING. AND SUPERMARKETS. BUT I HAVE TO EAT. YOU MAY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR EMPTY LIVES BUT I FECKING DO!

Find a Co-Op, any Co-Op and this problem doubles. Just when you think it's your turn - 'And can I have a fivers gas on that please?'

Struth.

+1

People who stop in the entrance/exit of a supermarket TO BLOODY TEXT!

People in multi-storey car parks who hold everybody else up by waiting slap in the middle of the aisle for someone else to leave (that person always takes a fortnight to get going*) instead of pulling aside to let others past.

And who then take 14 manoeuvres to reverse into the space, by which time I am ready to murder them most horribly.

Especially when any fool can see that there are umpteen empty spaces on the next level.

*And people who take a fortnight to get out of parking spaces when someone else is waiting.

Especially when it's me.

Worse than picking the wrong queue at the supermarket.......when a new till opens and the people at the end of the queue you have been waiting at jump to be served at the newly opened till......bad manners IMO. ;)

Find a Co-Op, any Co-Op and this problem doubles. Just when you think it's your turn - 'And can I have a fivers gas on that please?'

Struth.

Something I also see once a month or so is one person wanting to split their shopping trolley into two or three separate purchases, wasting several minutes each time at the checkout. Totally neurotic.

Guest anorthosite
Small Things That Really Irk..

Two for the price of one with this picture:

BlearsKrankieSBK_800x772.jpg

Post Offices

Day Open Close Lunch

Monday 09:00 17:30 13:00 14:00

Tuesday 09:00 17:30 13:00 14:00

Wednesday 09:00 13:00

Thursday 09:00 17:30 13:00 14:00

Friday 09:00 17:30 13:00 14:00

Saturday 09:00 13:00

Open when people start work at 09:00

Closed when they go to lunch 13:00-14:00

Just to add extra insult, closed during Wednesday afternoon, for no other reason than to annoy me.

Accidently catching a fit birds eye in the pub, and she flicks her eyes to the sky as a 'how dare you even look at her' tut.

Tw@ts that walk like that Danny Dyer c unthole. Like they've shat their pants and twenty pigs in an alleyway have just ran through them.

Homies that wear their jeans halfway down their ******ing legs.

Birds that think that they can drink like 'one of the boys' and try and be funny too. Doesn't work, ****** off.

People you don't know at christenings making small talk outside the church. ****** off.

Old people eating Mcdonalds. ******ing disgusting. If you want one face the bloody wall when you're eating it.

Packing.

I loathe coming back from the shops and having to take off the stupid cellophane, remove the cardboard-around-type stuff.

But my biggest packing hatred is reserved for the computer/PS3/toys type stuff which is moulded around the product and is virtually impossible to remove. Even with a strong pair of scissors the plastic is so tough the scissors hurt your hands.

On a personal note I also hate the way my TV is mysteriously programmed to come on to ITV2. Every day when I come from work and turn it on I get Jeremy Kyle :blink:

I am seriously considering paying a TV man to come in and reprogramme it to anything else ... anything.

Basically and like 90 odd % of above posts its interacting with British people.

They are idiots, dawdlers, inconsiderate and f*cking thick as pig shit.

Packaging gets on my tits too, and especially how the green tw@ts keep banging on about recycling.

If the f*ckin manufacturers didnt put 6 tonne of f*cking plastic and polystyreene and all sorts of shit on stuff we wouldnt need to recycle half as much

Why has the word "sitting" disappeared recently? You get awful constructions such as "I was sat" WTF??

Agree re Post Office opening hours - ditto most libraries - still living in 1950's when commuting a rarity outside the south-east and women were at home all day.

Delivery men that come to deliver stuff between 9am and 5pm. Thicketts. Everyone is at work a this time, why not deliver at say 7-9pm when everyone is in? Then you wouldn't have to put a note through my door that you have scrawled strange symbols on (in your illegible handwriting "font") that when I take to the delivery office, the next day, I am told says "wait 48 hours before collecting".

Meter reading people. Keep putting those notes through the door. YOU WILL NEVER GET IN. I am at work.

Kleeneze catalogues, those stupid plastic bags I am supposed to put clothes in and anything else through my door asking for money. No.

People who cannot differentiate between "brought" and "bought". This makes me want to bite the nearest solid object.

Most people other than me.

Guest Skinty
Kleeneze catalogues, those stupid plastic bags I am supposed to put clothes in and anything else through my door asking for money. No.

The worst thing is when they then expect you to leave the Kleeneze catalogue outside for them to pick up again, thus showing any opportunistic burglar that no one is at home. And when you don't they drop a note through your door reminding you as if you have somehow failed in your duty in allowing them to pester someone else. Damn cheek.

Why has the word "sitting" disappeared recently? You get awful constructions such as "I was sat" WTF??

Back of the net!

I will add:

The regular showing of deceitful behaviour in adverts.

The huge proliferation of semi-colons in reports because MS Word paints a green squiggle under commas.

The way that "loose" or "loosing" is regularly used for "lose" or "losing". This is even from people who are otherwise articulate in their posts.

The fact that digital TV was great a couple of years ago (ITV4, Dave) and now that they've got us all happy about the digital switchover they've started pumping out rubbish. I've never watched as many videos as in the last couple of weeks.

Consultation. Where experts ask amateurs for their views and then tell them why they're wrong about everything except what colour to paint the sign.

"Commemorative" stamps coming out every few weeks and not actually commemorating anything.

John Bercow.