House Price Crash Forum
Mega

I Think We Are In Very Deep Trouble

Got a quote for a guy who runs a machine shop in Midlands, i usally only do small numbers but i been asked to quote for 8,000 off fittings. Was shocked by what he had to tell me.

Large number of British manufactors of Architectural fittings (Been there for ever) have gone bust.

Everything now getting shipped in from India for a fraction of cost

Only a few guys like me doing bespoke/ short number work still going.

He is the ONLY unit still open on his estate.

Not only engineering, but "IT" companys going pop ever where....Again India getting the Work.

We can't carry on like this, i see a collaspe coming shorty, we must devaule the £!

Mike

Got a quote for a guy who runs a machine shop in Midlands, i usally only do small numbers but i been asked to quote for 8,000 off fittings. Was shocked by what he had to tell me.

Large number of British manufactors of Architectural fittings (Been there for ever) have gone bust.

Not only engineering, but "IT" companys going pop ever where....Again India getting the Work.

We can't carry on like this, i see a collaspe coming shorty, we must devaule the £!

Mike

If we lowered the cost of housing, we could lower wages and be more competitive in the global market place.

Naaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Too late they are rising again.

Isn't the consensus on here that it is good that all jobs are being lost to India? Maybe if they sacked all our builders and shipped houses over at a fraction of the price we might be able to afford one?

my barber moved to india, so I bought a clipper set and collander...to get the shape right for my TFH.

Devalue the pound and the lights go out.

The UK is now dependant on energy imports.

In the 80s we were independant and a net exporter of energy... and thus were able to devalue the £ by 50% and devalue everyones mortgage debt. That is not an option this time.

When will people wake up and realise that Labour, Conservative and Liberals have actively encouraged this to happen. I think only when someone gets affected directly they will realise the damage the politicians have being doing to our country.

I often think those who raise issues of immigrant influx and loss of jobs to foreign labour are very much like the bears in the early days of HPC. Nobody else could see what was coming and very few warned against it. Only time will tell.

Mike

Another reason for our high costs besides wages are enviromental costs, Yet our ever so green goverment let all these products flood into the country from countrys which have no enviromental contraints to pay for or consider. How can this goverment who try and tax us everyway it can using the enviroment as the reason yet they let these unenviromentally produced goods into the country.

When will people wake up and realise that Labour, Conservative and Liberals have actively encouraged this to happen. I think only when someone gets affected directly they will realise the damage the politicians have being doing to our country.

I often think those who raise issues of immigrant influx and loss of jobs to foreign labour are very much like the bears in the early days of HPC. Nobody else could see what was coming and very few warned against it. Only time will tell.

Enoch Powell?

I think you guys missed last night's action. I was labelled racist for daring to say that exporting IT jobs to India wasn't a great idea.

racist IT pig!

happy now?

my barber moved to india, so I bought a clipper set and collander...to get the shape right for my TFH.

Phew. A collander. I thought you had highlights for a minute. You Essex boys.

Devalue the pound and the lights go out.

The UK is now dependant on energy imports.

In the 80s we were independant and a net exporter of energy... and thus were able to devalue the £ by 50% and devalue everyones mortgage debt. That is not an option this time.

Good job Libya are our new bestest friends.

Phew. A collander. I thought you had highlights for a minute. You Essex boys.

dried peas make excellent highlights dontchaknow

Mike

I see it coming as well. In the Business centre I work in, it's emptying like the bank accounts of Grant Bovey. Most of the businesses in there now are charities and companies paid by public sector handouts. How long will they last when the government stop funding? With them gone, it will be uttlerly DEAD.

Mike

i would be wary of this order unless he pays upfront. he may be about to go bump himself and will take this order from you and offload it quick to build up his f**k off fund.

I see it coming as well. In the Business centre I work in, it's emptying like the bank accounts of Grant Bovey. Most of the businesses in there now are charities and companies paid by public sector handouts. How long will they last when the government stop funding? With them gone, it will be uttlerly DEAD.

What part of the country?

I am also in manufacturing / engineering, and we are getting swamped with sales guys / suppliers looking for even the smalest order, and all have a tale of woe to tell

Basically things seemed to have fallen off a cliff from early summer and they are all hoping things will pick up next month as the holidays end and europe gets back to work (after the usual august break)

to be honest It never realy felt like a recession......... but it sure does now

Very, Very grim out there

neon

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I think you guys missed last night's action. I was labelled racist for daring to say that exporting IT jobs to India wasn't a great idea.

"Burn him, Sanjay. Burn him like a bad wife."

Well they say every cloud has a silver lining...

Make me PM and tomorrow I will conscript all childrens' TV presenters, associated luvvies and celebs into a 'crack' brigade of luvvies, arm them with a gun, a parachute and twitter and drop them into Tora Bora.

Of course, twitter will not be linked up and, if we are lucky, we will never hear from any of the s*ds ever again.