House Price Crash Forum

Stop The Bus...i Want To Get Off!

HOLA441

Anyone else feel like this about the current state of Britain:

I feel like I am sitting at the back of a bus watching in slow motion and through some quantum leap / HPC type experience I know exactly what is about to happen:

THe driver of the Bus is Gordon...no qualifications for the job and no license (mandate) either but he is really going for it. He's been driving the bus for a while now....thrashing it and burning rubber. THe tyres are down to bare threads and in danger of bursting at any second. THe engine is screaming and smoking. Gordon keeps looking over his shoulder and laughing and telling everyone that we are driving to glory.

THe conductor is calming the passengers...telling them that he can see the long flat straight road aneah and just around the corner weare going to get off this bus and onto the airconditioned brand new leased luxury coach with free food and drink and great in coach entertainment. Most of the other passengers are laughing and clapping, cheering along and looking foward to the good times ahead...though they would prefer a new driver.

I am sitting in the back with a couple of others like me who have all seen a different future to the one we are being promise. We have seen the steep track round the corner. We have seen the cliff wall waiting for us to plough into at top speed. We don't have faith in the driver or the brakes. We just want to get off...now.

The conductor tells us that due to the nationwide's latest pronouncement we are all going to get a refund on our tickets and will feel much wealthier soon. Not to worry about the potholes and the alarming clanking noises coming from underneath. Fundementals are irrelevant....We've got some great new QE grade petrol to get us through.

Maybe the bears are wrong and as we hit the cliff we will laugh as someone had disguised the mouth of the tunnel and we are quite safe after all!

Is it just me???? :blink:

Edited by Hip to be bear

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Barebear

I dont use buses as I have my own transport so does your analogy not apply to me ?

If your sitting at the back of the bus you are near the escape ,so just wait for it to slow down and jump off. Alternatively you could wear one of those gold protective suits that will protect you from any crash the bus may have.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I feel it's more like a rollercoaster, we've just been down the first drop and are crawling slowly up again, to that point where it almost stops. Those of us paying attention have just seen the next drop coming up, know what it's going to feel like but we're hundreds of feet up in the air and there's no way off the ride.

HOLA4410

I don't feel like that at all.

I feel like I'm living and earning in a small country with few natural resources. It is governed by one one of two parties that are both self-serving.

This little country once achieved superior status by being good at building boats and steam engines. It plundered the rest of the world and, for these historic reasons, has a sense of superiority beyond its importance.

It has borrowed and borrowed for decades and now the interest on its borrowings are beyond servicability by its industry.

It has a grossly bloated public sector and is taxing its residual private sector out of business.

Borrowing has become its culture. This has created massive inflation in stupid areas, particularly housing.

There is no route back. Opposition politicians who say that the country is looking over the precipice seek only to gain power. We have gone over the cliff already. We are just waiting for the bump at the bottom.

Our history of exploitation has meant that the country feels no concience about accommodating thieves and tricksters like banks and spivvish commission seekers (EAs, recruitment agents etc).

The eventual crash will be a blessing that may allow the slow rebuilding of a small island into something modest but worthwhile.

p-o-p

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I feel like I'm living and earning in a small country with few natural resources. It is governed by one one of two parties that are both self-serving.

This little country once achieved superior status by being good at building boats and steam engines. It plundered the rest of the world and, for these historic reasons, has a sense of superiority beyond its importance.

It has borrowed and borrowed for decades and now the interest on its borrowings are beyond servicability by its industry.

It has a grossly bloated public sector and is taxing its residual private sector out of business.

Borrowing has become its culture. This has created massive inflation in stupid areas, particularly housing.

There is no route back. Opposition politicians who say that the country is looking over the precipice seek only to gain power. We have gone over the cliff already. We are just waiting for the bump at the bottom.

Our history of exploitation has meant that the country feels no concience about accommodating thieves and tricksters like banks and spivvish commission seekers (EAs, recruitment agents etc).

The eventual crash will be a blessing that may allow the slow rebuilding of a small island into something modest but worthwhile.

p-o-p

Hear hear.

A donkey each and three bowls of gruel a day.

HOLA4413
article-0-01A37A990000044D-475_634x398.jpg

This bus?

No that is the one with all the gold on it that plummets (along with its price) into the abyss as the global disaster is averted. No soft landing for those holding the gold.............

That is the bus Gordon got off just 6 years too early!

I do not believe that this is what will happen though!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

p-o-p

Of course we will never have an empire again, but do you really see no hope? Can we not maintain our position / compete with the rest of Europe too? Do you see them better or worse off than us?

HOLA4419
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
A donkey and 3 bowls of gruel...you must be rich.......public sector I expect!

I am hoping for a sheep and a few scavenged berries.

Look, if you want your subsidised herbal mead for the dropsy made up correctly, I'm going to need a few of those berries.

Otherwise my hunger might start interfering with my potioneering. You dig? The Worshipful Guild of Herbalists are all agreed that a small gesture of berries is the least you can do.

So what we've done is appoint a Master of Berry Accountancy to keep track of berry transactions. Unfortunately this means we've had to raise our prices to include one sheepskin legwarmer a year.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Look, if you want your subsidised herbal mead for the dropsy made up correctly, I'm going to need a few of those berries.

Otherwise my hunger might start interfering with my potioneering. You dig? The Worshipful Guild of Herbalists are all agreed that a small gesture of berries is the least you can do.

How about some tinfoil currency and some magic beans?