House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Selling up

Another Farewell Thread

Fellow pundits, it's time for me to leave the forum.

HPC has been inspirational to me and confirmed me in some decisions (STR Jan 07) that I think will prove wise. I am still renting and intend to do so until I can buy the property I want outright.

But.... Bulls often say to STRs: "Why put your life on hold?" Well, I don't think that renting is wasting my life. But I do think that spending so much time on this forum is wasting my life. I've gone cold turkey the last 2 weeks and found that I can do without 1-2 hours daily of reading about housing.

However I decided to post one last post saying goodbye since I feel like I know some of you by now!

So don't worry. When you fear that all is topsy turvy with the world, that the game is rigged in favour of the wrong people, take comfort from this thought: Selling Up will be sitting out there somewhere... not buying a house.

Good luck.

Your next post will be on September the 4th following a few bevvies.

Guest KingCharles1st

You'll be back for the juicy s tuff to come later this year... ;)

Ciao for now :)

Good luck.....I might slide off quietly soon too. Should complete on the sale of the business next week. Sold house in Feb....6 months straight rises...I am the perfect contrary indicator ;)

I love this place but I waste FAR too much time here.....Waste is the wrong word..I will be forever grateful for my HPC education, but I am starting a new life soon and Mrs HTBB said she didn't want to share the cottage with you lot!

I am sure I will occasionally sneak back incognito :ph34r: but I will break the dependency...(takes 3 slow steady deep breaths and repeats soothing mantra)

HPC has been inspirational to me and confirmed me in some decisions (STR Jan 07) that I think will prove wise. I am still renting and intend to do so until I can buy the property I want outright.

But.... Bulls often say to STRs: "Why put your life on hold?" Well, I don't think that renting is wasting my life. But I do think that spending so much time on this forum is wasting my life. I've gone cold turkey the last 2 weeks and found that I can do without 1-2 hours daily of reading about housing.

However I decided to post one last post saying goodbye since I feel like I know some of you by now!

So don't worry. When you fear that all is topsy turvy with the world, that the game is rigged in favour of the wrong people, take comfort from this thought: Selling Up will be sitting out there somewhere... not buying a house.

Agree with you there, logging in once or twice every few months is my future goal. This is the first and only forum I have been a member of, and it will be the last, life is not for staring into a computer screen, although the knowledge and banter on here is why people keep coming back. I don`t know how people find the time to be members of multiple forums?

Cheerie bye and good luck.

I go through phases of not reading / reading / posting.

Recently the not-reading periods have been longer (3-4 days), but can't see myself dipping out altogether.

Reason? Well it's all over bar the shouting, this forum was a refuge of sanity during the madness but now we've won. It's just a matter of waiting and watching.

Well, as someone who declared they were leaving forever about six months ago I can only conclude that someone else is coming on here and posting in my name....hang on a sec, they're doing it right now! :lol:

This place is seriously addictive, so my advice is buy a very uncomfortable chair for your computer desk and resist all temptations to reply to anything if you should peek in once in a while.

Cheerio chaps/esses!

Personally I'm not here for houseprices, it's just a good collation of economic news and the economic effects of other news, so renting/buying etc wouldn't affect my participation.

The best of luck.

I am just here to say what I think. Unlike the real world you dont get punched in lip, you just get Injins nonsense, but he loves it too.

You'll miss us and when you do we'll be right here slogging it out over finer points of the economy and housing matters and Anthea Turners bits and pieces.

;) All the best.

Agree with you there, logging in once or twice every few months is my future goal. This is the first and only forum I have been a member of, and it will be the last, life is not for staring into a computer screen, although the knowledge and banter on here is why people keep coming back. I don`t know how people find the time to be members of multiple forums?

Could have been worse. You could be a member of a Football forum. Seen quite a lot of posters with 100k posts.

Guest happy?

So farewell then Selling Up

"Why put your life on hold?"

That wasn't your catch phrase.

Keith's Mum says you'll be back

After eating cold turkey, and humble pie.

Could have been worse. You could be a member of a Football forum. Seen quite a lot of posters with 100k posts.

:o I suppose football is addictive just like this stuff. HPC will be interesting if anything big kicks off in the last quarter of the year, and of course election night will be a classic i`m sure :P

Oi - stop lurking! I know it's you!

This place is seroiusly addictive I mainly lurk - the reason being if anything interesting is happening anywhere in the world the good folks of HPC will have ten very smart ways of looking at it.

Where else can you get such insight? Murdoch or the telly? I don't think so.

First sign of TSHTF and you'll be straight back.

Best of luck.

Victory will not be ours until Broone is dangling from a bridge and every hard working family in Britain can afford somewhere decent to live, while the lazy f*****s on long term benefits are forced to shape up.

:o I suppose football is addictive just like this stuff. HPC will be interesting if anything big kicks off in the last quarter of the year, and of course election night will be a classic i`m sure :P

Whereas you might learn the odd thing or two on this forum, in between childlike insults, petty squabbles and parallel dimension thinking, you will learn that posters on football forums are thick as pigshyte and call you every name under the sun if you disagree with them about last nights controversial red card etc.