House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bogbrush

Fair Weather Bears

I can't believe the number of people here who do exactly what they accuse the sheeple of doing - reacting to short term selective stats.

Look, I don't want the country to collapse any more than anyone else but the last few months don't change the way things are headed. The government is only keeping going by running entirely on freshly printed dosh; the industrial base is in freefall and nobody is doing anything about finding a solution to that; unemployment is accordingly headed up fast; the place is creaking under a rapidly accumulating mountain of debt; that debt is being marketed at unsustainable rates to try to keep the show on the road.

The place is totally fooked, and just because a load of positive sentiment has been generated doesn't change anything. Until someone tells me how the nation has got a plan to start paying it's way I see no option other than a financial meltdown. Once upon a time that would have meant absorption into the EU but that has its own problems as well.

Happy to be proven wrong.

I can't believe the number of people here who do exactly what they accuse the sheeple of doing - reacting to short term selective stats.

Look, I don't want the country to collapse any more than anyone else but the last few months don't change the way things are headed. The government is only keeping going by running entirely on freshly printed dosh; the industrial base is in freefall and nobody is doing anything about finding a solution to that; unemployment is accordingly headed up fast; the place is creaking under a rapidly accumulating mountain of debt; that debt is being marketed at unsustainable rates to try to keep the show on the road.

The place is totally fooked, and just because a load of positive sentiment has been generated doesn't change anything. Until someone tells me how the nation has got a plan to start paying it's way I see no option other than a financial meltdown. Once upon a time that would have meant absorption into the EU but that has its own problems as well.

Happy to be proven wrong.

I agree. I think it is just very hard for some people (such as myself) who are sick of moving around, waiting for prices to get realistic and the endless stupid govt intervention. So sick of it all.

But looking at forex factory today, 4 indicators came out today which appear a lot worse than forecast:

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

It is a weird feeling - welcoming economic collapse. Many people will suffer and lose jobs (quite possibly myself included) but it is what needs to happen.

You're right, absolutely right. This is not going to end prettily.

I see the Business Investment thread got overwhelmed by the HPI one; even though it's of the utmost importance for the future: short, medium and longterm.

I too can't believe how this important topic is sidelined. The government is encouraging money in to housing, while discouraging business investment. This action may win the election next year, but totally feck the economy and send unemployment to un-known highs.

Fair weather Bear, not I.

Even the winter sun occasionally shines in the Arctic. Outside it's still -30c and meters deep in ice, snow and permafrost.

I'm fine in my nice warm STR den thank you very much.

Now stop all this 'chatter', it keeps waking me up! It's not time yet.

:lol: