House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Straw Has Blocked Mandleson's Move From The Lord's

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/61585422-9271-11de...com%2Fhome%2Fuk

Straw blocks Mandelson escape from Lords

By George Parker, Political Editor

Published: August 26 2009 20:30 | Last updated: August 26 2009 20:30

Lord Mandelson’s possible escape route from the House of Lords to the Commons is to be blocked by Jack Straw, justice secretary, in a move that could finally dash any prospect of the first secretary becoming Labour leader.

Mr Straw prompted a flurry of political speculation last month after publishing a constitutional renewal bill including an escape clause allowing life peers including Lord Mandelson to resign from the upper house.

I wonder why Mandlesohn would want the job? Labor leader for a few months and then a grand defeat at the Polls next year.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/61585422-9271-11de...com%2Fhome%2Fuk

I wonder why Mandlesohn would want the job? Labor leader for a few months and then a grand defeat at the Polls next year.

Right idea wrong timing - he leaves Brown in situ & takes over after the thrashing they get at the next election .Leads labour in opposition as the Tories have to axe everything to stave off bancrupcy.

Then Labour back in & into Europe we go. Came to that conclusion when he offered Brown up to Cameron for a TV interview this election - Brown will get eaten alive but nxt election Dave will have to go head to head with Mandy

:ph34r:

God bless ya Mr Straw

Like him or loathe him (as many do) there's no denying Mandy's ability.

Dodgy Dave isn't any less slippery and I would suggest not nearly so sharp a tactician. Mandy may be Labour's best chance of avoiding 15 years in the wilderness like the Tories will have suffered by the time of the next election.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mandy is by far the sharpest, most talented member of the cabinet, I for one see him as no worse than the over-privileged oinks that Cameron has surrounded himself with, or indeed than Cameron himself.

A policeman to guard him constantly?

Maybe he likes uniforms?

Like him or loathe him (as many do) there's no denying Mandy's ability.

Dodgy Dave isn't any less slippery and I would suggest not nearly so sharp a tactician. Mandy may be Labour's best chance of avoiding 15 years in the wilderness like the Tories will have suffered by the time of the next election.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mandy is by far the sharpest, most talented member of the cabinet, I for one see him as no worse than the over-privileged oinks that Cameron has surrounded himself with, or indeed than Cameron himself.

Dodgy Dave as only you know him as bad as this Mandlslime, you're joking, he's been sacked twice for his lies. He's an unelected, unwanted liar,

Mandelson is evil and connected. He shouldn't even be near the reigns of power. All IMO of course, but I just don't trust the guy.

Typical Jack Straw, the man who has been a senior Labour figure since the days of Harold Wilson, and is a WAY sharper political operator than Mandelson will ever be.

In fact, he's so good at it, he's managed to fool everybody into thinking that he's a relatively harmless nobody. Nothing could be further from the truth - he's lethal.

Typical Jack Straw, the man who has been a senior Labour figure since the days of Harold Wilson, and is a WAY sharper political operator than Mandelson will ever be.

In fact, he's so good at it, he's managed to fool everybody into thinking that he's a relatively harmless nobody. Nothing could be further from the truth - he's lethal.

He's a dead rinka for the demon headmaster.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I think he should be allowed to return to the Commons and have an attempt at the leadership. What is everyone so scared of?

Let's cut out the middleman and have Rothschild on a throne of eviscerated babies, dressed in a red suit with horns, selling you a lease to your own soul.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Mandelson has already said on camera in an interview he categorically rules himself out as ever being the prime minister. I doubt he'd have said that just for a laugh.

I don't know, it's not as though one needs to be subject to democratic accountability as Prime Minister, either

ex PM's get a chauffeur driven car for life and a tasty little pension. I'd do it for a day!

Mandelson has already said on camera in an interview he categorically rules himself out as ever being the prime minister. I doubt he'd have said that just for a laugh.

Oh this is Nulabour all over.

Doublethink in the extreme.

Now I believe we have some serious problems regarding our constitutional law(which is being illegally changed),and other bits like the coronation oath.

If there is a time to uphold these virtues and stamp down hard on these weasels it is now.

I am more than a little disappointed that the head of state is quite so sanguine about such alterations.

dark forces behind this or not,frankly it's time to grow a pair.

Guest theboltonfury
I think he should be allowed to return to the Commons and have an attempt at the leadership. What is everyone so scared of?

The fact he's not been elected by anyone.