House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shedfish

Another Numpty Breaks Ranks

Folks it's time for me to 'fess up.

it looks like i've bought a place. a cash buy, using every damn last penny of my deposit savings. no STR fund here, just 5 years of obsessive saving during what was a good earning season for me (similar to these fellers before the allies refitted the flying boats).

2 bed with a lovely garden, backing onto common land, on a quiet street in my No.1 target area. pricewise, perhaps 20-25% off peak, and in immaculate condition

another poster the other day explained the position i'm in quite well - work is going pete tong, and i didn't want to line some landlord's pockets with my deposit for the next 10 years out of my hard earned savings. my customers are all in M&A's, and the phone is quiet. just ticking over for now.

yes, i know...

this doesn't change my outlook or my hopes for prices - i'll be staying there a good while, so if it's 'worth' 25% less in 5 years or so i'll still have a place to live, and will have had a place to live that is so much nicer than where i am currently stuck.

still a bear, still hoping for more falls for the sake of the younger buyers. still furious at the government for deliberately pricing everyone out with their own money... but this one makes sense for me, under the current (somewhat forced) circumstances

it looks like i've bought a place. a cash buy, using every damn last penny of my deposit savings. no STR fund here, just 5 years of obsessive saving during what was a good earning season for me (similar to these fellers before the allies refitted the flying boats).

2 bed with a lovely garden, backing onto common land, on a quiet street in my No.1 target area. pricewise, perhaps 20-25% off peak, and in immaculate condition

another poster the other day explained the position i'm in quite well - work is going pete tong, and i didn't want to line some landlord's pockets with my deposit for the next 10 years out of my hard earned savings. my customers are all in M&A's, and the phone is quiet. just ticking over for now.

yes, i know...

this doesn't change my outlook or my hopes for prices - i'll be staying there a good while, so if it's 'worth' 25% less in 5 years or so i'll still have a place to live, and will have had a place to live that is so much nicer than where i am currently stuck.

still a bear, still hoping for more falls for the sake of the younger buyers. still furious at the government for deliberately pricing everyone out with their own money... but this one makes sense for me, under the current (somewhat forced) circumstances

Well done. You could have maybe got another 20% off in a few years, but it's looking like the BoE wants to trash the currency and cause the most enourmous moral hazard in history rather than let the prudent have their day in the sun.

As a cash buyer, you really have nothing at all to worry about.

no debt, no worries.

breaking ranks?

no.

you have found a house you can afford, the very aim of the website.

my daughters cant afford anything at all. still a cause to be discussed and debated.

yes, i know...

M&A = mergers & acquisitions?

With no bank finance I would imagine that business would be dead...

M&A = mergers & acquisitions?

With no bank finance I would imagine that business would be dead...

just a bunch of IT/technology 'biggies' subsuming each other. everyone's either floating in space, leaving or getting the chop, and budgets are being jealously guarded in dark cupboards.

i'm almost disappointed the new place doesn't need much work, 'cos i'm going to have plenty of time on my hands until at least early next year

yes, i know...

Don't feel like you are breaking ranks, i'm in the process of doing the same. Good luck to you in your new home. ;)

Don't feel like you are breaking ranks, i'm in the process of doing the same. Good luck to you in your new home. ;)

cheers, and same to you - you've been a general way longer than me.... i feel i should salute :rolleyes:

still plenty of time for it to fall through, but i hope not. no more traffic noise, no more vandalism to my car, no more human traffic chucking chips and rocks at strangers.. and no more savings... just the wind in the trees and slightly unfamiliar accents

cheers, and same to you - you've been a general way longer than me.... i feel i should salute :rolleyes:

still plenty of time for it to fall through, but i hope not. no more traffic noise, no more vandalism to my car, no more human traffic chucking chips and rocks at strangers.. and no more savings... just the wind in the trees and slightly unfamiliar accents

Be happy, live your life.

God i'm jealous. That's my idea of heaven, however the missus wants to bring the kids up near her family so on the edge of London / Kent we will have to stay :angry:

It's a rather strange world where you are forced to buy a house to protect your savings as you see the scythe of unemployment slashing its way towards you.

Indeed, i'm being made redundant and i am doing exactly this prior to joining the masses. madness :blink:

Everyone needs to take whatever defensive steps they can to protect themselves and their family. Buying a house mortgage free sounds a very sensible step to me. I'm pleased you are in the position to be able to do that.

Good grief man. Don't tell me you've moved to Wales?! :o

it looks like i've bought a place. a cash buy, using every damn last penny of my deposit savings. no STR fund here, just 5 years of obsessive saving

Cash buy. Very good.

Now save the money you'd have been spending on rent.

:)

and don't MEW. But you know that, right?

Cash buy. Very good.

Now save the money you'd have been spending on rent.

:)

and don't MEW. But you know that, right?

100% correct. guaranteed

Indeed, i'm being made redundant and i am doing exactly this prior to joining the masses. madness :blink:

And so you should. Anyone who thinks money is wealth needs to visit a suitable re-eduction centre.

Shame no such centres exist which is how the metallurgists want it.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

yes, i know...

You're a good egg.