House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Just Spoken To Wife Several Projects Closing Funding Being Pulled By Various Agencies

Just spoken to the wife on the phone the people she works for have had the funding pulled for several projects working with mental health, drug and alcohol abuse.

It's not the company that has pulled the plug but the various funding agencies involved. Not sure yet who has been funding them but whoever it was has pulled the plug so several projects face closure at the end of next month. This is completely out of the blue and has apparently sent shock waves through the head office causing mass panic. Just a pity they didn't do something useful like banking because then they'd get free money.

The brown stuff has hit the fan, will find out more when she gets home. At the moment it appears that she is secure as there is funding for another year for her work and the possibility of it being taken over by someone else next year.

However it appears that a certain Gordon Brown is not being spoken too highly off at the minute at her work.

All I can say is thank god the recovery is here, otherwise I'd be worried.

The widely-held belief in the grant funded sector was that funding would continue up to the general election and would then be pulled so capital grants are being manically chased now.

Colleges were hit earlier (google "college funding pulled"), seems like the money has run out. As you say, must be the recovereh.

Thank God we have the 'jobless' recovery to fall back on now that jobs are short supply. That is a bit of luck for you and your wife.

Joking apart, I hope she stays in employment and it works out.

I don't think McStalin will be able to keep the plates spinning until the election. Too many of them are starting to wobble.

Colleges were hit earlier (google "college funding pulled"), seems like the money has run out. As you say, must be the recovereh.

I have college age kids, our local college has pulled all language courses this year, and all A levels. Any students due to start year 2 of their A levels now have to travel 16 miles if they wish to finish their coourses.

All the lecturers for these courses have lost thier jobs.

Now the BTEC courses have aprox 30 applicants for each class of 20.

My hubbie has just been given a 10% wage cut.

Some recovereh..... :rolleyes:

Interstateripoff.... hope your wife is able to hold onto her job.

You didn't tell us you have a wife!

wife is wealth dontchaknow.

Guest sillybear2

It's to be expected, the only way paper pushers can protect their own jobs is to cut front line services, eventually you will see offices full of functionaries with no outward function.

Guest sillybear2

Quite, yet he tells us not to shackle ourselves with depreciating, resource consuming, high maintenance assets that take a monthly toll on your wallet. :rolleyes:

That said, his acquisition seems to be self-funding, lets hope it stays that way :)

Edited by sillybear2

We thought you were married to HPC interestrateripoff! :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope everything works out OK. We have been in a phoney war until now. Its going to get nasty.

Just spoken to the wife on the phone the people she works for have had the funding pulled for several projects working with mental health, drug and alcohol abuse.

It's not the company that has pulled the plug but the various funding agencies involved. Not sure yet who has been funding them but whoever it was has pulled the plug so several projects face closure at the end of next month. This is completely out of the blue and has apparently sent shock waves through the head office causing mass panic. Just a pity they didn't do something useful like banking because then they'd get free money.

The brown stuff has hit the fan, will find out more when she gets home. At the moment it appears that she is secure as there is funding for another year for her work and the possibility of it being taken over by someone else next year.

However it appears that a certain Gordon Brown is not being spoken too highly off at the minute at her work.

i assume this project is a private entity (like cdp) with part public funding as opposed to a direct nhs outreach?

edit - correcting online stutter

Edited by p.p.

I suppose the first ones to suffer are the charities, then the Quangos and ngos, then local authorities, then central government.

as always front line services will be cut, then the closure of swimming pools and facilities, then the reduction of customs and other staff that allow free flows, then the dustmen and burial staff.

the last to go will be the Civil Service, the government, quangos and all the high paid "execs".

the idea is that cutbacks are affecting the service...in reality, the cutbacks are in the wrong place and service need not be affected.

Thank God we have the 'jobless' recovery to fall back on now that jobs are short supply. That is a bit of luck for you and your wife.

Joking apart, I hope she stays in employment and it works out.

Yes the jobless recovery is a huge relief, I mean any sort of other recovery would just be phoney.

Yes she's real and everything with big boobs, although more troublesome than the blow up variety :lol::lol: Only joking love if you read this.

wife is wealth dontchaknow.

Is that only if you pimp them out?

Are these Government funding agencies or charities?

Not sure who where funding these projects, but the money has gone and it doesn't appear they can find any alternative sources.

All I can say is thank god Brown is doing all he can for this nations hard working families, I'd hate to think how bad it would be if he didn't give a sh1t and was a delusional sociopath intent on bankrupting us all because he was unpopular.

as always front line services will be cut, then the closure of swimming pools and facilities, then the reduction of customs and other staff that allow free flows, then the dustmen and burial staff.

the last to go will be the Civil Service, the government, quangos and all the high paid "execs".

the idea is that cutbacks are affecting the service...in reality, the cutbacks are in the wrong place and service need not be affected.

The last to go are always the Accountants and HR as they usually organize cutbacks and redundancies.

This is one of the reasons why engaging an outside firm to decide where the axe should fall is sometimes a good idea.They have no preconceptions and no empire to defend.

Edited by up2nogood

It appears that it was a govt agency funding them, the plug being pulled has been a complete shock.

Some of the projects closing have only just opened, it appears that the long term strategy has been left in tatters.

The wife's place is facing the retendering process for new funding if they succeed they "should" be OK for several years.

However I suspect this retendering process is also a way to reduce costs, so not everyone retendering will be successful.

It appears the cutbacks have started by stealth.

Gordon Brown doing all he can to lie his way to the election.

Funny how my husband's department was restructured which resulted in redundancies. Fortunately, he survived this round of cuts but I am not holding my breath.

Interesting - only a few months ago Brown and Co were making speeches about the importance of mental health counselling and increasing the funding in this area to allow all people to have rapid access to counsellors!

No doubt, again, more FUD from NuLabour.

Interesting - only a few months ago Brown and Co were making speeches about the importance of mental health counselling and increasing the funding in this area to allow all people to have rapid access to counsellors!

No doubt, again, more FUD from NuLabour.

From talking to the wife it appears that her project needs to take on more chaotic people to get funding, ie more dangerous to the community and obviously the staff.

It appears that the govt agency funding them has decided to move the goal posts, it will be interesting to see anything is said in the press about this over the coming months.

This reminded me of a conversation I had recently with a town planner and a civil servant. They both voted Labour and happily admitted they did so because of the high wages they received in the public sector. They were aware of what a mess he was creating but was very much a case of 'Im alright Jack'. I guess when the pain comes and hits them directly they will be less sanguine.

From talking to the wife it appears that her project needs to take on more chaotic people to get funding, ie more dangerous to the community and obviously the staff.

It appears that the govt agency funding them has decided to move the goal posts, it will be interesting to see anything is said in the press about this over the coming months.

I work for a mental health charity, with a pink logo?

We have all had to reapply for our jobs, even those who have just joined. Would it be the same one?

Good luck to her, it is not an easy job and it's getting harder.

This reminded me of a conversation I had recently with a town planner and a civil servant. They both voted Labour and happily admitted they did so because of the high wages they received in the public sector. They were aware of what a mess he was creating but was very much a case of 'Im alright Jack'. I guess when the pain comes and hits them directly they will be less sanguine.

Exactly!

Most people working in the independent private sector (not working on any state / public money driven contracts) has had to hear from GB for the last 12 years that everything is okay when clearly it has not been.

Well I hope all of those voters that knowingly and selfishly voted for labour, just because their publicly funded salaries kept on increasing, will now have to swallow the same line of BS that "services have never been better" and "we are investing more now" blah blah as their very own master of puppets stabs them in the back.

Selfish new labour voters, hmm, who to turn to now, labour will not save you, you can't turn to the Tories, they don't want anything to do with you, you're stuffed and you deserve it.