House Price Crash Forum

Is It Me Or Is Bad News Building To A Torrent ?

HOLA441

Job Losses (Toyota etc etc)...

Oil price rising....

Public pension pot discovered to be empty (really ?...thats a surprise )....

Banks buying houses from themselves (holding companies)....

US deficit blowing up out of all recognition.....

INJIN strrring up a hornets nest !!..... : http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=123654

20,000 Air India staff go on hunger strike...

UK Jobless figures released...and not good...

House prices rising.....well sort of...

The list goes on.Is the proverbial s**t actually hitting the fan right now...To me it seems to have been reasonably calm for a month or so..(In relative terms that is) But now ???

There has been so much bad news the last few years that sometimes its possible to view all of these things nowadays with just a cursory glance..

HOLA442

you should watch bloomberg, its all positive there..shares up, house sales up, jobs not up, durable goods up, lottery up, americans leaving london ( high tax and bank cutbacks), ex president dead ( thats one less lizard), Bernanke keeps job, and so it goes.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Oil price rising....

INJIN strrring up a hornets nest !!..... : http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=123654

The list goes on.Is the proverbial s**t actually hitting the fan right now...To me it seems to have been reasonably calm for a month or so..(In relative terms that is) But now ???

There has been so much bad news the last few years that sometimes its possible to view all of these things nowadays with just a cursory glance..

And try:

44% od Property at Auction 35% Below Peak

House Prices Will Fall Again Lovemoney

Edited by Sybil13

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Depends on how you look at the world really. For example, if this is your news feed then the world looks very depressing indeed: http://news.google.co.uk/news/search?pz=1&...;bad+news"

But on the plus side, there are 3x as many stories if you look at: http://news.google.co.uk/news/search?pz=1&...good+news"

yay!

edit: this forum doesnt seem to like links with quotes - but recreate this exciting experiment for yourself by googling "good news" and "bad news" in google news.

Edited by Orbital

HOLA4413
Depends on how you look at the world really. For example, if this is your news feed then the world looks very depressing indeed: Bad News

But on the plus side, there are 3x as many stories if you look at: Good News

yay!

:lol::lol::lol: ....Usually my glass is half and half....but the big banks just tried to snatch the glass away from me and I spilled some. !

EDIT : Orbital...it worked for me !....mmmm thats not a compliment about a liason..

Edited by tiggerthetiger

HOLA4414
Feels to me like there's a massive paper bag full of sh1te hanging over a huge fan. Each time the bag starts to deteriorate another bag is placed under it.

I reckon they've run out of bags.

more good news from bloomberg...cant find the link yet.

but

Debt refinancing in the US...the numbers are huge...400bn in 2010 IIRC,..and this is for companies that maybe have had new credit withdrawn or at very high rates.....and its worse for 2011 and 12.

this can only be good for the credit crunch.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Oil price rising....

Big Brother ending! :lol:

HOLA4422

Definitely the mood has changed today. One of acceptance that things really are bad and that like an alcoholic, he has to admit he has a problem and go through some pain before things can get better.

This alcoholic has binged on 10 bottles of vodka a day for 10 years and can't remember his name or sex, and has to be supported by taxpayers and a prayer. The next move is either forced rehab or a sudden, undignified death.

HOLA4423
It's a lot more than that!!!

I call (VERY) BLACK SEPTEMBER.

Well i have sold the last £10k or so of the shares that i bought at bottom last year, question is what to do with the cash that is being trashed by mystic merve? If I had any taste I would probably buy fine art or collectibles...

come to think of i always fancied a classic juke box, guess the chinese might pay good money for these in a few years?

HOLA4424
Big Brother ending! :lol:

Is it? Oh thank the Lord!!

For good? Ah, one can dream...

I enjoyed the very first series. It was quite interesting. Seriously. After that... attention seekers and tw@ts.

Still, it kept Davina from working in Bejam and kept "Don't Try This At Home" off our screens. We have to be thankful of that.

HOLA4425
Guest happy?
Definitely the mood has changed today. One of acceptance that things really are bad and that like an alcoholic, he has to admit he has a problem and go through some pain before things can get better.

This alcoholic has binged on 10 bottles of vodka a day for 10 years and can't remember his name or sex, and has to be supported by taxpayers and a prayer. The next move is either forced rehab or a sudden, undignified death.

Either that or the website's being used to roadtest new Tory party ideas.