House Price Crash Forum

Japanese Exports Fall 36.5%

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=123686

Both posted more or less at the same time.

My comments from above thread.

I need more happy clappy pills we are in global recovery, exports can't be declining.

More stimulants needed immediately.

We need a save the recovery campaign, immediately otherwise it will look like we've spunked even more debt based money up against the wall.

Please won't someone think of the recovery.

HOLA444

I need more happy clappy pills we are in global recovery, exports can't be declining.

We need a save the recovery campaign, immediately otherwise it will look like we've spunked even more debt based money up against the wall.

Thanks. Beat you by 3 minutes ;)

I'm guessing July 2008 wasn't exactly a record busting month either...

HOLA445
Thanks. Beat you by 3 minutes ;)

I'm guessing July 2008 wasn't exactly a record busting month either...

http://www.japaneconomynews.com/2008/08/21...time-since-ww2/

According to data released today by the Ministry of Finance, Japan’s trade surplus shrank by 87% in July, to 91.1 billion yen, as slower exports of cars, auto parts and electronics led to a 19.0% fall in Japan’s trade surplus with the United States. The overall trade surplus has now fallen for five straight months, while the surplus with the United States fell for the eleventh consecutive month.

During July, the value of imports jumped 18.2% to 7.54 trillion yen, while exports rose 8.1% to 7.63 trillion yen. Aside from the US market, exports to Asia increased 12.7%, exports to the EU area increased 4.1%, exports to Russia were up 45.8%, those to the Middle East were up 27.5% and exports to Australia increased 32.8%.

At the same time, Exports to China rose 16.8%, showing a rise for the 38th consecutive month. In total, exports to China came to about 1.29 trillion yen in July, while exports to the US added up to about 1.28 trillion yen. Thus, July was the first time since the end of World War II that exports to China have been at a higher level than exports to the US.

Exports to developing nations are helping to pick up some of the slack during the current downturn in US spending. China, however, is unlikely to continue importing goods at the same level from Japan once the Olympics are over and done with. Japan’s fates still seem to rest on how quickly the US economy can recover.

July last year appears to have been a bumper month.... Although I wonder what happened in the preceding months?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Shall we start a 'save the recovery campaign' campaign?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I think it's needed.

We can't have the much needed recovery stalling, what will all the hard working families do. More importantly think of the bankers bonuses.

Brown needs to do more stimulus I suggest a hot poker for a start.

I'll donate my Tesco's Clubcard vouchers to the cause.