House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest skullingtonjoe

Shared Restaurant With Chavs

Guest skullingtonjoe

I just gotta vent on this one - had quite a nice meal out with my wife at Turkish/Kurdish restaurant in Portsmouth. Food was delicious and reasonably priced (as always). Just one fly in the ointment - a load of chavs were eating there. I don`t think they were `classic` charvers (I mean they could afford quite a large meal for such a herd of swine so they must have been in employment), but God - did they p1ss off everyone who was there. Most of the chavs were fat and tattooed - the men were not much better either. <_< Come to think of it, they were so fat they were probably claiming DLA as they were too bloated to work!

I think the owner was really fed up with them, but as they were buying most of the food, he didn`t have much choice; besides, if he did complain they`d have probably turned on him. Next time I eat out I`ll check the other customers for any signs of chavvishness. My fault for rushing in where angels fear to tread... :rolleyes:

Apart from that the main course, dessert and coffee was delicious. ;)

Portsmouth...my problem child. :(

Guest KingCharles1st

I can imagine it now-

"My man- when you bring fresh pizza to the table- one expects it to be still in it's box!"

me n my matez + famly we wuz avin dinna in r local kebab in pompy wen dis wird geeza keepz lookin at us all funy. we kno the owna (ali) reel well so we askd him who it waz n he just shrggd n sed he dunno but he comez in allot and slagz off the otha customaz.

dis geeza haz like NO respec' cuz he is reel wird lookin too and jus starez like he iz all supeeryah n like heez in tha same kebab shop were in n stuff so like wot IS his problem???????

Most of the chavs were fat and tattooed - the men were not much better either. <_< Come to think of it, they were so fat they were probably claiming DLA as they were too bloated to work!

And why should our jolly jack tars not have a farewell meal with their sweethearts, before their captain calls away?

You ought to to have stood and saluted our brave boys.

me n my matez + famly we wuz avin dinna in r local kebab in pompy wen dis wird geeza keepz lookin at us all funy. we kno the owna (ali) reel well so we askd him who it waz n he just shrggd n sed he dunno but he comez in allot and slagz off the otha customaz.

dis geeza haz like NO respec' cuz he is reel wird lookin too and jus starez like he iz all supeeryah n like heez in tha same kebab shop were in n stuff so like wot IS his problem???????

i think you need a new keyboard. i could hardly understand a word of that.

Guest skullingtonjoe
I can imagine it now-

"My man- when you bring fresh pizza to the table- one expects it to be still in it's box!"

Come on, it wasn`t like that...it was a decent restaurant, not a kebab dive.

You guys won`t believe me - I know how cynical you can be - but it`s all true, honest (guv). :rolleyes:

Guest skullingtonjoe
And why should our jolly jack tars not have a farewell meal with their sweethearts, before their captain calls away?

You ought to to have stood and saluted our brave boys.

If only it was like that ;):lol:

Guest skullingtonjoe
You live in Portsmouth and went to a kebab shack where your night was marred by chavs? I can't believe that.

It wasn`t a kebab shack...it wasn`t.... :unsure::rolleyes:

Guest skullingtonjoe
I just gotta vent on this one- That was the most boring story i've read today.

Yes, it was boring I admit :rolleyes:

Guest KingCharles1st
Come on, it wasn`t like that...it was a decent restaurant, not a kebab dive.

You guys won`t believe me - I know how cynical you can be - but it`s all true, honest (guv). :rolleyes:

You kissed the irony- ot whatever. I was inferring that in a flash restaurant (some Italian restaurants DO serve pizza for example) they would be confused because it wasn't served up in a large "oven box" lying in a bed of the freshest corrugated cardboard..

Guest theboltonfury
Portsmouth is in the sunniest area of mainland UK, so its not all bad.

Seriously let down by a heavy shingle beach.

I just gotta vent on this one - had quite a nice meal out with my wife at Turkish/Kurdish restaurant in Portsmouth. Food was delicious and reasonably priced (as always). Just one fly in the ointment - a load of chavs were eating there. I don`t think they were `classic` charvers (I mean they could afford quite a large meal for such a herd of swine so they must have been in employment), but God - did they p1ss off everyone who was there. Most of the chavs were fat and tattooed - the men were not much better either. <_< Come to think of it, they were so fat they were probably claiming DLA as they were too bloated to work!

I think the owner was really fed up with them, but as they were buying most of the food, he didn`t have much choice; besides, if he did complain they`d have probably turned on him. Next time I eat out I`ll check the other customers for any signs of chavvishness. My fault for rushing in where angels fear to tread... :rolleyes:

Apart from that the main course, dessert and coffee was delicious. ;)

Always check there is a 'Strictly No Chavs' sign on the door before entering.

Guest X-QUORK

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeespek gangsta.

Occasionally there's a thread that reminds me of this forum's potential to be the snobbiest, most spiteful place on the internet. This is one of them.

have you ever thought the bunch of people enjoying a meal out with their mates might have been annoyed by the conceited ****** on the next table?

Guest X-QUORK
Occasionally there's a thread that reminds me of this forum's potential to be the snobbiest, most spiteful place on the internet. This is one of them.

I'd agree that bigotry can reach silly levels in here, but I have no problem with ripping into the anti-social types who ruin otherwise pleasant atmospheres by shouting and being obnoxious.

Guest theboltonfury
I'd agree that bigotry can reach silly levels in here, but I have no problem with ripping into the anti-social types who ruin otherwise pleasant atmospheres by shouting and being obnoxious.

My actual experiences of the most ruined meals are normally by a groups of obnoxious, nouveau riche, professional types, who think that as they take home more than 2k a month, they are the most prized specimens on earth. The language, guffawing, and rudeness is beyond reproach.

I rarely feel agressive, but I have often thought about following some of these folk in the gents and ramming their faces into a urinal.

have you ever thought the bunch of people enjoying a meal out with their mates might have been annoyed by the conceited ****** on the next table?

Are you a really roomy woman with tattoos?

If you want peace and quiet stay at home. You eat out it's the risk you take. One thing I will note is that there's no mention by the OP of confronting the 'Chav, swine scum' who were polluting his atmosphere. Completely lacking in balls or conviction he went home and bitched about them on an internet forum.

oooh the owner was 'probably' annoyed with them too. yeah, I bet he was annoyed as hell at the bill they were running up whilst enjoying themselves in his restaurant. 'they probably would have turned on him'. Jesus christ. I've heard it all.

Are you a really roomy woman with tattoos?

No, just believe in live and let live. No physical or financial loss or harm caused by their actions? Keep your trap shut or move restaurants. Easy.

Guest X-QUORK
If you want peace and quiet stay at home.

There is a happy medium between peace and quiet and Beruit.

There is a happy medium between peace and quiet and Beruit.

yeah, somewhere like a restaurant with a large party seated at one table.

Surely everyone has been part of a large party in a restaurant before, or anywhere for that matter. Once there's a few of you and you've had a couple of drinks it becomes incredibly difficult to keep the noise down.